“Excellent food!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Rhinelander
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Three Coins Restaurant is located at Holiday Acres Resort in the Northwoods, just a 2 mile scenic drive off of County P just east of Rhinelander, WI. The Three Coins Restaurant and Lounge offers an interesting variety of dining options sure to please diners of all ages. Views of grazing whitetail deer are often seen through the windows surrounding the restaurant and bar. Before or after dining, take a walk to enjoy a sunset on Lake Thompson.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Excellent food! Atmosphere is quaint and beautiful.

Visited May 2011

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very Long Dinner Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Don't get me wrong -- the food here is pretty good. What I'm disappointed with was the length of the service. There was a total of 16 people in our party. We already notified the staff ahead of time that there will be 16 of us coming to eat at a particular time (did this to avoid long waits and such). They had tables set for us, but we still had a long service: about 2.5 hours. I don't know if they were short-staffed that evening, but it was just very long, waiting to get our orders, waiting for our food, waiting to get the bill and for them to pick up our check. I planned to get some dessert, too, but because it took so long for everything else, I passed on that. I've never sat down for dinner for so long. Maybe this restaurant is not good with serving large groups of people? I'm not sure. I only wonder how long it would've been had we not let them know that 16 of us would be coming! I would eat here again, but if I'm with a lot of my friends, I might not take them here.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
hodag, Owner at Holiday Acres' Three Coins Restaurant, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Your review was greatly appreciated! Our service time is longer than many places but we are constantly working on ways to speed it up and still feature the creative items that our own Chef Tom likes to offer.
Madison
“The absolute best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

What a beautiful location. I was alone so the view made my meal pleasurable. Wonderful, crisp salad with a blue cheese dressing you don't want to stop eating. My seafood was so flavorful, I thought I was back on the east coast.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rhinelander
“What happened!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

We had the best food and service this summer- now this fall the food did not look the same and tasted even worse, the waitress did not seem to even be there- was very slow, forgot every thing she said she would bring back. What a rotten experience!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
hodag, Owner at Holiday Acres' Three Coins Restaurant, responded to this review, February 24, 2011
Dear Unikurtz
We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience last summer, but were very sorry to learn of your disappointment in the fall. At the time, we did respond to you with a Tripadvisor personal message and mentioned that we would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you. The best way for us to learn from our mistakes and is to understand the specifics of your experience; then we can correct the shortcomings. A reply was never received.

We are a family owned business and we care very much about pleasing our guests.
Our goals are always to do our very best and to give our guests the special experience that we believe that they should expect.

The Zambons
Chicago, Illinois
“Great dining in the woods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

The photos on this site and the Holiday Acres site do not do the interior justice - I thought it would be a 1950's coffee shop but it is FAR nicer - the decor is from the fifties but it's lovely red-gold cedar wood, rocks and big windows. Our dinner was the best we had in Rhinelander. It's a little pricey but the quality was superior. I will make it a point to stop here if we're ever in the area.