“Another Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Appleton
“Another Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We've visited this Americinn many times, and it never fails to please. The bed was comfortable, the room was very clean, Nd the staff was welcoming. Even with a busload of high school boys staying on our floor, the room was it's usual sound proof.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. We had a suite and the room was huge. Comfortable king size bed and a super clean 2 person whirlpool. They also have a good breakfast, not just donuts. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gwinn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed at this property on a business trip across Wisconsin. Room was just fine, bed comfortable - actually had a number of pillows of different firmness. For you c-pap users, plenty of electrical outlets right at bedside - Yay! The breakfast was fine - a number of choices, the usual waffle maker, a premade omelet, toast, hard boiled eggs. The breakfast area was adequate for the morning I was there but I can see it being a real space problem on a busy weekend. Only other issue the motel has no control over - truck parked out in the lot had a reefer running all night - a steady hum would have been fine but this one pulsed slow.... fast.... chug etc.
That being said, the soundproofing was really pretty good, just that you could still hear it some. By the way, windows that open to let in fresh air - very nice! Would stay here again with no hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Port Clinton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

For the price, value and location, this location in Rhinelander is a great stay. We have been coming to this location at least three times per summer for 15 years and it has been great. Good Breakfast

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Andover, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Location and service was nice. I enjoyed the breakfast (husband did not). Mirror in bathroom was horrible (looked to be really old) and white towels weren't white. Pricing was OK. We were thrown off by a note from the maid who said "have a rad stay". Pillows were horrible (bring your own). I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
eskinner, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to see that your husband didn't care for the breakfast offerings--I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or comments he might have about it. You can email me directly at rhinelander.wi@americinn.com if he has any thoughts on anything else we could offer or any changes that might need to be made. The type of feedback is priceless and we do take it very seriously.

I wanted to apologize if the rooms are starting to feel a little 'dated'--I don't disagree with you on that. I did just want you to know that we are in the planning phase of a full remodel and hope to have it done by next spring. We completely remodeled in 2007, but I agree that it is time--I'm very excited to get rolling on it once I receive the ok!

Again, thank you so much for sharing your comments/concerns with us. We take all of these to heart and will work hard to correct any concerns that we can. We hope to welcome you back again soon as our guest!
Marshfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

When staying in the Rhinelander area, I always stay here. It is easy to find and making the reservation is a breeze. The times I have stayed here the rooms have always been very clean and the beds are comfy. Love the extra pillows. Very nice selection of breakfast items. The staff has always been very pleasant and accomodating. I was on first floor but am glad they do have an elevator for the other floors.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Minnetonka
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

when you stay with a reputable hotel / motel there's a certain trust you must have in each other. They trust you wont trash the place or make too much noise that would disturb the other guests. You trust that the facilities will be clean, mechanical devices will operate correctly and that your visit will be safe. I returned to this establishment because i've stayed here in the past to attend a funeral of a good friend. This was a joyous family Labor Day celebration including a local resident. When i entered the room I put my bags down and looked around to be sure Americ Inn was holding up their part of the trust agreement. I had a cold and there was no kleenex in the kleenex box. Then I checked the toilet area and noticed the toilet seat had not been cleaned. It was late at night but pointed these items out to the desk clerk the next day. I also mentioned that the door of our room didn't lock shut when it closed. She made a note of it and said maintenance would take care of it. We were gone for 12 hours having a wonderful day only to return and the door was open to our room. Even though it was 10:30pm i went down to the clerk and told him what had happened regarding my clear instruction to fix the lock. Cleaning crew came through and didn't pull the door tight when they left. He was very concerned and we checked to see nothing was missing from the room. He said it would be brought up to management.
My bill was under the door the next morning with full charges. I called down and spoke to the woman I had covered this issue with the day before. She apologized and said an adjustment would be made. When i got the "corrected bill" it reflected a $20 change for a two night stay. To me, this was an insult. I wonder what it would have been if I'd been cleaned out? $40? The night clerk had much more concern and empathy than this woman. When i asked why it wasn't fixed she said it was a holiday and would be fixed the following week. When I return to Rhinelander I'm going to need to find a replacement for this place if personnel are the same.

Room Tip: Test everything before you unpack!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
eskinner, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am so very sorry about the concerns you expressed regarding your stay. I received your survey through AmericInn and did respond via email with an offer of a free night's stay with us in the hopes that you will give us another chance when staying in the Rhinelander area.

We dropped the ball on this one, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I am so very sorry that there were housekeeping issues in the room and have spoken at length with the attendant who cleaned your room as well as the entire staff to ensure we do not have these issues in the future. I have also spoken at length with the front desk staff regarding the door closer and we have put steps in place to make sure we do do not make this same mistake in the future. I am truly sorry that it was not handled in the manner it should have been and I appreciate you taking the time to let me know about it so that we can correct the communication errors that were made. Thank you so much and we sincerely hope that you will come and visit us again--your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us.

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rhinelander? Share your experiences!