“Solid stay in Rhinelander” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Rhinelander
Minnesota
“Solid stay in Rhinelander”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at the Rhinelander Comfort Inn for two nights recently and were very pleased with our stay.

A rollaway bed fit comfortably in the 2-queen room we had on the first floor, and we didn't feel crowded even with it set up. The beds and pillows were comfortable and everything in the room worked as it should. Our room, though next to the stairs, was quiet.

My brother and his family had a 1-King suite on the second floor. In this larger room, the bathroom is in between the living and bedroom areas. The bathroom is also bigger, and the room overall is 4-6 feet longer than our 2-queen room.

The pool area is nice, with comfortable seating, a basic rectangular pool, and a large hot tub.

Breakfast is standard Comfort Inn fare, with a friendly attendant. There are five or six tables for four, plus some lobby sofas in the same area for overflow seating if needed. There are also some games and books available for use.

Front desk staff were polite.

No complaints about this hotel, which is located in a different part of town from most of Rhinelander's other hotels. It's right in front of Home Depot, with Walmart across the street and a variety of restaurants, etc. nearby. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have a lot of luggage, you may prefer a first-floor room. King su...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mary K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate any and all feedback from our guests. We strive to make each stay enjoyable.
I hope to see you again.

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This in an inexpensive clean hotel. They allow pets (for $10 extra) and set us up in a ground floor room near the rear entrance. Everything met expectations, cleanliness, friendliness and complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: Ground floor near the back entrance was perfect for us with our dog.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mary K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review! We are pleased that your stay with us was enjoyable. I always pass on our reviews to my staff and we appreciate the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the northwoods.
Alexandria, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed with my daughter and had wonderful experience. The staff was friendly and knowledgable about the area and the rooms clean and comfortable. The pool had been recently updated and was beautiful. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Maple Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was our first time staying at this Comfort Inn. We have family in the area so I wanted to find a nice place to stay since we will be making this trip in the future as well. We stayed for 2 nights on a weekend with our 2 teens and a dog. The room (2 queens) was really clean (no doggie smell), the beds were comfy with fluffy pillows. There is a small table with 2 chairs and a big chair to sit in. There was also a mini frig for beverages or restaurent leftovers. It is roomy enough for 4 people and a medium sized dog. I was pleased to have a room on the first floor near a rear exit for the dog, and that the other guest around us were families so I wasn't overly concerned if our dog happened to bark or our kids were making noise. It shows that they took the time to consider all of their guests needs. My only suggestion for the pet rooms would be to include some plastic bags to insure that their poop gets picked up and disposed of outside. The pool\hot tub area is beautiful, with knotty pine wall and ceiling, and is very clean as well with separate towels just for that area. I appreciate the rules for little kids supervision and late adult swim time too! We ate breakfast there both mornings and there was plenty of food (my family loves breakfast) and enough variety so that you didn't feel like it was the same food both mornings. My kids loved the hot fresh waffles and sausage & scrambled eggs. There was also cereal , instant oatmeal, fresh fruit, packaged muffins etc., kids yogurt, and typical beverages. My only suggestion for this buffet would be to add some adult yogurt to the selection as Trix yogurt is too sugary for most adults. I like the policy of not changing the sheets automatically everyday since we were there for 2 nights we just needed the beds made up, and the room cleaned. My only suggestion here would be to skip the extra soaps and maybe toiletries since we still had plenty. When we were leaving I happened to see the cleaning crew in action. Those ladies were actually cleaning the floor on their hands and knees! No wonder our room was so nice! Thanks for a great weekend. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lisa B, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! I am so glad that we met and exceeded your expectations in several areas. Your thoughts and ideas on areas we can advance our services is great feedback I can use to continue to build on our guest experience. We do want to be your home away from home and every suggestion helps us achieve that.

Your comments about our hard working cleaning staff is so appreciated. I can't wait to share your review with my housekeeping staff. Housekeeping is a labor intensive job and I am so proud of their hard working efforts to make your stay the very best possible. Thank you for your nice compliments and your great suggestions!

Sincerely

Lisa Bilogan
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I first stayed at this Comfort Inn when my 10 year old granddaughter was born. My son and his family lives in Rhinelander. I have stayed there every time I have returned to Rhinelander since then. The staff is super nice, friendly and go out of their way to make you feel at home during your stay. I feel like it is my home away from home.

I now have two grandchildren and they enjoy coming to the hotel to swim in the pool when I'm there. There is a hot tub/whirlpool also that they just love to get into after they swim for awhile.

The hotel is close to downtown. In my case, it's only a half block from my son's house now, so very convenient. But I stayed there long before he moved that close a year ago.

The entire hotel is kept clean. The rooms are nice. I love everything about it. It's exceptional for the price.

Room Tip: I have almost always stayed on the first floor. The office side of the hotel faces the parking lot...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lisa B, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
"Home away from Home..." That is such a wonderful compliment to receive from our guests! You are the reason we are here and we strive to create that feeling and sentiment with all our guests. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stays and look forward to having you join us again on your next trip to Rhinelander.

Lisa Bilogan, GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stay at this hotel many times because we have family here and this is just one great hotel. We usually can check in early before check in time. We always leave the hotel before breakfast starts when we check out. However, the morning person on duty allows us to eat breakfast early so we feel great on our return trip home having had a cereal breakfast and coffee. I always use the fitness center and it is a good one called "Anytime Fitness". We also bring our daughter and son in law and two grand kids occasionally to swim in the very nice indoor pool and a hot tub. The staff always is so friendly and we feel this is our 2d best place next to our home.

Room Tip: Frst floor rooms are easier to get to. The rooms are quiet and the airconditioning and heating syst...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lisa B, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. We care about you starting your day in a good way, so if a super early breakfast will help you get a good start, we are here to offer just that. We truly appreciate you being our guest. I hope you will make us your home the next time you are visiting Rhinelander.

Regards,

Lisa B
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay so much that I scheduled another night the following week. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean and comfortable home away from home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lisa B, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for the kind words you are sharing about our hotel. We strive to provide you will all the amenities of home and take care of you as if you were family. We look forward to having you join us again soon!

Lisa B

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!