“Wacky service” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Wacky service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Ordered before dinner drinks, then waited 10 minutes. Waitress returned without them, and we ordered appetizers, soup, and main course. Received soup, then appetizer, then before dinner drinks. The main course arrived before we had finished our soup, and certainly before we could try the appetizer. Our waitress said she'd bring me a steak knife for my filet, but never did, so I cut it as best as I could with a butter knife. For dessert my wife and I ordered a brownie to share, which was brought with a single spoon instead of two forks. My mother ordered the lemon cake, which was served with a long handled teaspoon!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
SummitRestaurant, Manager at Summit Restaurant, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We apologize everything was not perfect during your visit. We have addressed your concerns with our staff and have even replaced some of our serving staff. We thoroughly trained our staff so that nothing gets overlooked. Please allow us to have you back again so you can see what we have implemented. We take every customer comment and suggestion seriously and improve upon all of the feedback.

“No reason this place should be open!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My girlfriend and I have eaten at fine restaurants all over and this is the worst. We were seated right away and our drink order and appetizers were ordered. It took 20 minutes to receive them. We ordered the crab cakes as we do everywhere and they were horrible. They were burnt black on the bottom, had barely any crab, and the sauce was sparingly used. It took another 10 minutes to receive our salad, if you can call it that, as it had no cheese or croutons. Just lettuce, carrots, and onions. We then waited another 20 minutes to receive our porterhouse. The steak was flavorless and the potatoes were cold. I believe the problem lies with the management here. The waitress was nice but we counted that she had NINE TABLES at one point until one more waitress showed up an hour into our dinner. I never once saw any sign of a manager the whole time I was there. It boggles my mind how this place is still operating and will not be going back EVER!!!! I fed the leftovers to my dog and he seemed to like it, so there's a plus. Anyone reading this trust me, do not go here unless you like wasting money. There are so many great restaurants that treat you better and work for your money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
We are deeply sorry you didn't have a pleasant experience. We have addressed all of your concerns during our staff meeting and have implemented several changes in order to provide the best service and food possible to our guests. We invite you back to see for yourself at your convenience. Thank you for your post.
Wisconsin
“all new Summit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

new make over again. Better than the last time. Nice salad bar only $2.00 with your lunch or dinner choice. We went for lunch and our waitress was excellant as well as the other servers and host. We both had pecan encrusted grouper. It was wonderful, went back the following week and had the same great experience. It you go before 11:30 you get 10% off your meal.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Racine, Wisconsin
“Felt as if we weren't entirely welcome”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Went on a Tuesday early evening, the end of Sept. The hostess was SOO busy because they had a private party in one of the rooms. The air conditioning was so cold, I asked three times if it could be adjusted, but received a snippy response from the hostess. the waitress was ok, didn't know the new menu, so was kind of useless. Finally we moved ourselves to a different table as my poor mother in law was positively freezing. The food is okay, nothing spectacular.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Franksville, Wisconsin
“Great Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

They have a great Sunday brunch here. They offer a wide variety of meats, casserole, breakfast foods, soup and pastries. Pricey but we had a half off coupon which made it well worthwhile.

Visited March 2012