“Best Value in Racine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Racine

You added Super 8 Racine to your Saves list
Super 8 Racine
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1150 Oakes Rd., On Hwy 20 and Oakes Rd., Racine, WI 53406   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Racine
Smithton, Illinois
“Best Value in Racine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel at least 3 times and have always been pleased. Remember I titled this best value in Racine. Some hotels in Racine $150+/nite! For about $50/nite this is a great value. I've always been pleased with the cleanliness, staff always pleasant, continental breakfast is satisfactory. Never any problems and will return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Glenelg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

This hotel is very nice - clean, comfortable, with good amenities in a safe neighborhood. We stayed at this hotel as a waypoint on a cross country trip and were pleased with the visit. It's about 4 miles off the highway, close to a residential section. You do pass by some small shopping areas with restaurants and fast food stops. Front desk staff were all very nice. Our room was clean and comfortable, on the third floor, and there is an elevator. The room came with a microwave and fridge, and the wi-fi worked just fine. Copies of USA Today are available in the lobby and there's a PC in the breakfast area for guests to use. A modest continental breakfast runs from 6-9 am with packaged pastries, cereal, a waffle maker, and coffee. Plenty of parking and side entrances make it easy to get in and out.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

After reading reviews, which are old, I thought I would update everyone. I am getting very picky in my old age as to what hotels I stay in. The staff was friendly. The carpet in our room was in great condition. The bedspread almost looked new. The bed was very comfortable. We had the king bed. The tub/shower was clean. The water was very hot in the shower that I had to turn it down. Not something I do to often in hotels. It was just as nice as the Fairfield Inn down the road, only not as expensive. Yes, I will stay here again on my next visit to Racine.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

My stay was very good.I liked how it was pretty close to Walmart but it was right next to a Harley Davidson shop. But otherwise it was a really good stay.And if you are going to eat some KRINGLE it is pretty close to an O&H Bakery.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Anchorage, AK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

Room was too small for the rollaway unless you tip the table on it's side and slide it across the room and fill the closet with it. Even so, the bed barely fits. The roll away used at this hotel has a really nasty bar across the back--it was so bad, we just did away it for the 2nd night and I forced my parents into a single bed. Dude at the front desk was very odd, but happy to take off the charge for the rollaway. Didn't bother with the free breakfast. Shower drain is full of hair from previous guests. Nasty.

• Liked — That it exists.
  • Disliked — That it exists.
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Anchorage,AK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

The good was a reasonable continental breakfast, wireless internet, adequately quiet., marginal A/C, good parking, easy access, O.K. plumbing.

The ugly started with the size of the room. we had booked a 2Q ns with a rollaway request -- we traveled as a group of 3 adults.

We asked for a confirmation of the rollaway request at time of on-line booking, but none came, so called directly to confirm it -- received a positive response. Doubt it was ever read.

When we arrived and attempted to locate the rollaway which arrived promptly following the reminder at checkin, we had to struggle to move a heavy table so that it partially blocked the entrance in order to clear space for the rollaway. Upon checkout, I told the manager (Mahesh Patel) about the room being to small to accommodate the rollaway among the furniture, and he responded it was a standard Super 8 2Q room, and that the king room would have made positioning it easier. (Curiously, we had spent a previous night at the Super 8 in Black River Falls, WI and had no similar problem..)

One problem is that the beds must be locked in position as we could not move them closer together. And while attempting to move them, discovered how cosmetic the room cleaning is. The carpet was filthy. The rollaway itself was not particularly confortable.

Penny pinching was evident in the supply of just one daily bar of thin soap for both the wash basin and shower combined. TV was somewhat limited, lacking many common cable channels.

• Liked — Location for our needs
  • Disliked — size of room, cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

I stayed the night of 8/25/08 and the motel was booked by my employer. When I learned I would be staying at a Super 8, I was a little leery. This Super 8 is like most I've stayed at. It is "dated" as bedspreads need replacing and the hotel in general looks weathered. The free continental breakfast offered is nothing to write home about. I believe it starts at 6 a.m. and I arrived at 7:15. The counter was not clean and the milk container was not in ice, but rather sitting on the counter, so I skipped having cereal. There was no fruit nor whole grain breads. The apple and orange juice came from a machine which was fine. There was bagels and frosted donuts, but these are not a healthy choice. I was in a hurry so I just had two slices of toast.

I won't be staying at any Super 8 again. I recommend spending the extra few dollars and upgrade.

Stayed August 2008

Been to Super 8 Racine? Share your experiences!