“HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING, RUDE STAFF, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Riverside Inn Racine
3700 Northwestern Avenue, Racine, WI 53405 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Racine
Dubuque, Iowa
“HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING, RUDE STAFF, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was visiting Racine to visit family with myself, my two kids and my three cousins. A family member who lives in Racine actually recommended this place to us. When I first saw the hotel I thought it looked trashy, but against my better judgement decided to check it out for myself. The room was disgusting and smelled horrible. The carpet was dingy and very old. There were towels in the bathroom that had blood on them. My daughter actually started crying and said "I don't want to stay here. I had seen enough and went down to the front desk to get my money back. The first staff member was polite, but stated it was the hotel policy not to give refunds after 20 minutes. I stated I had not been there 20 minutes but she said I had been. Then a very rude staff member took over and said I could not get my money back. After about 20 minutes of this staff member threatening to call the police, I just gave up and moved to a much nicer, clean hotel (America's Best). A staff member at this hotel actually told me that Riverside was a pretty bad hotel and had the "20 minute limit" in place because there were a lot of drug deals that went on there. I was appalled. The thought that I had my children and cousins in that environment gave me the chills. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE stay as far away from this "inn" as you can possibly get.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Racine, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I will never step foot in this motel and i strongly encourage anyone to not even think about staying at this place. It is the junkiest motel you will ever step foot in, their costumer service is a JOKE!
My fiance and I needed a place to stay for 3 days, so we paid a deposit for those days, well turned out we only needed to stay there for 2 days, the women would NOT give us our money back for that day we didn't need anymore! So i threatened to file a small claims and she was very rude and kept hanging up on me when i wanted to discuss with her that i needed that money back and how there is no reason i can't get it back. Well the first day we had to stay there i had called to see what rooom we stayed in, because my fiance didn't let me know. She told me she can't discuss that because it';s not in my name and when i went to the motel to find my room she said she was calling the police. She was swearing at me and told me i should have discussed with my fiance what room i was in.hankfully her husband came around and helped me get my rooom, which was DISGUSTING and smelled of cat pee and smoke. Not too mention on the phone when my fiance called they told him we would have a king bed and free continental breakfast, once i finally got in my room it was a twin bed and there was a huge sign with breakfast info and saying it was an extra $30.00!
If youre looking for a cheap motel in the racine area, please save your time and money and find something else than this.
They also always get police calls because of fights that break out in this hotel and other issues.

Room Tip: I advise EVERYONE i know not to come here. It will be the worst experience of your life, and you wil...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was at one time and could be again, a great place! Most of the rooms open to the hall and the outside. Problem is, people smoke right out side the doors, and some even left the doors to the halls open, so the smoke went through the entire hall and other rooms. I wondered why the staff never said anything to them. Most non smoking places have you sign an agreement if the room smells like smoke, you will get a $300.00 fine. Guess they are loose with the Non Smoking. Room was pretty clean, quiet and comfortable. The pool near the River looks like it has been dry for years!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We visited Racine for a family wedding and chose this hotel for it's great location. We stayed for a week after being given a very reasonable rate. We had our little dog with us, and they are pet friendly which was great. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. We were very pleasantly surprised to have snacks and bottled water provided in our room. It has a refrigerator and microwave so that was nice too. The room was clean. The beds were comfortable and we were given housekeeping services each day. We loved the grounds as a beautiful river flows past the hotel. The hotel is being renovated but that did not disturb us at all. We plan to stay again when we return to town.

Room Tip: We enjoyed having an outside entrance door that was convenient to parking. We also had an interior...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LaPorte, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My sister and I were on a random roadtrip to spend the weekend in Wisconsin. Needless to say all the hotels were booked due to Iron Woman being in town. I called the Riverside Inn and the lady told me $129 a night. I told her that was to expensive. Then she told me that she would work with me on the price and baragained with me on the phone. I should have known something was up. Well, we got to the hotel and right off the bat I knew I should have never walked in. I checked in and my sister and I gathered everything out of my car and walked to our room. We walked in and saw a door that was leading to the parking lot inside our room. My sister walked over and the door didn't even lock! The deadbolt kept twisting around in circles. She opened the door with the latch latched and it opened up far enough for someone to wiggle in. I didn't even want to lay our pillow on the bed!!!! I lifted up the covers on the corner of the bed and foudn that the blankets were ripped.

We grabbed our stuff and went to the front desk and demanded a refund. The lady said that we will be refunded on Monday when the Account Manager is in. All she did is write Void on my charge slip.

I called this morning and the Account Manager is on vacation this week.

THIS HOTEL IS SCARY and DANGEROUS! I advise that no one should sleep here!!!!! I wouldn't pay $20 to sleep here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here on our way home for a cheap, but nice looking from their website, hotel. Pulled in, and got an early check in (which is the only thing good I can say about the place...) We were torwards the middle in the back of the hotel with a pool and river view.

Went to the door with key card access to get in close to our room and the key card access was broken, anyone could walk in anytime. Got to our room and found the front of the refrigerator propped up. The hallways smelled like smoke.

Lounge was opening at 2 pm daily, according to the sign posted outside and in the lobby. So, we walked down to check it out. It was totally deserted, not open, and had a do not enter sign on the door. The heated outdoor pool sounded like a great idea as well. It was empty. There was a huge tree branch laying on top of the chairs around the pool.

We wanted to have dinner at the restaurant adjoining the hotel. They even left us a menu on the Riverside's paper with phone numbers for the lounge and restaurant and other local things of interest. I walked down to check that out also and found it was blocked off completely. My husband called the front desk to ask about restaurant hours and such. When he called the front desk to ask, the woman said "there's no restaurant here" and hung up on him.

We actually woke up at 3 am to get out of there rather than staying for breakfast! Do not stay at this hotel, it is very run down, and doesn't feel at all secure. The hotel staff (other than the woman who checked us out at 3 am) was rude. I actually had to double check the website they have to be sure I wasn't crazy enough to book something this horrible and it sure looked better online than in person. Please pay a little more for a better place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Evanston, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

We spent only 3 hours in this hotel in order to catch some sleep while doing the Ragnar relay overnight race. Most of the problems didn't really matter since we just wanted to shower and sleep.

Here is what our room looked like:

- no hot water in shower. The fixture was broken
- toilet needed to be flushed several times
- one electrical outlet in entire room
- all rooms smelled like smoke
- towels smelled like smoke
- rooms were pretty dirty, I was afraid to walk barefoot on the 40-year old carpet

In short, the worst place I have stayed in in a long time.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Riverside Inn Racine? Share your experiences!