“Excellent budget motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Racine
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Excellent budget motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed 6 nights 2 adults, 3 kids, clean modest sized room, TV fridge microwave, breakfast is fresh delivered pastries/doughnuts and coffee/juice. Wifi air con etc. room was cleaned daily very well.

The rooms are drive up motel style, so no indoor corridors also no pool or other amenities.

We were happy with our stay and the money we saved, and would stay again if passing that way. Yes ut's a way off the highway, the Marriot and Comfort Inn are in the same block, don't know why some town planning thing I assume. Lot's of stores an restaurants in a 10 minute drive, about 20 minutes to the very nice beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
La Place
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I liked the clean, neat, and pretty well-maintained motel, the good, fresh doughnuts and cinnamon rolls (delivered fresh from a bakery every morning), friendly staff, comfortable room, and great price ($43.22- after tax). Also, there is a county walking path just north of the motel. I did not like the 4-mile distance from Interstate 94. Everything was quiet and peaceful here. RJT

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

When we pulled into the knights inn we did not know if this was the right place we saw on the online picture. We still checked in and parked. When my husband got out of the car there was a pile of dog crap on the ground. Then we looked around and found some really strange people outside there rooms. We opened the door and left as soon as we saw the room. Bye

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Knights Inn is a clean enough, the price is very low and I have stayed there a few times. This last time, June 5, 2012 there were15 or so young women, having a fight outside our room in the parking lot. Some of them were getting shoved back into the room across the lot, as the police came and hauled many of them off to jail. This was at 2am in the morning and I am having a HELL of a time trying to get my refund out of them. Anyways, it is NOT a safe place to be, and we will not ever go there again. It is known locally as a "crack house" and many of the regulars are newly out of jail, paid for by the state, so they can get their feet on the ground again. We left while the police were still there, and glad my young daughter and I were unharmed. Please DO NOT stay here! There are several other low priced options not too far away.

Room Tip: Don't get a room here ever!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I've stayed here before. Drove down for a High School Football game and the Knight's Inn was the first Motel that I saw. Felt it was fine.
It is VERY HARD to find a Hotel in WI for less than $100. a Night, on a Summer Weekend. I paid LESS than $100. for 2 Nights.
There ared a number of unusual features that I did not take advantage of. They have Grills and Picnic Tables available. The room that I had also had a Microwave and a small refrigerator. And there were wastebaskets in both the Room and the Bath . (This might sound silly, to mention this, but a lot of nicer hotels seem to have just the one waste Basket.) BUT, they could have provided more than 2 hangers.I also had to supply my own soap.
Handicapped Room had a step up Bathtub, that I was able to get in and out of easily. Bath had plenty of railings to make me feel safe.
If you are used to first class Hotels, don't come here. BUT, if you are looking for an inexpensive Summer weekend Motel, this would be a plausible alternative.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Rossford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I chose the knights inn based on price. If I didn't pay for the room in advance online I would have turned around in the parking lot.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Racine, Wi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Chose this location for the price, Stay for little over a month while in the middle of relocating,

For the price paid, was very satisfied with the room. Dated, but clean and spacious. The fridge and microwave were a nice touch and more than I was expecting. Nice layout of the sitting area. Bed was comfortable.

A repeated issue is that maid service frequently skips over rooms, at least twice a week I would come back from work and find the bed not made and had to go to the front desk for clean towels. The front desk guy even admitted this is a frequent problem and that he gets complaints all the time that people haven't had their rooms cleaned during multiple night stays. But nothing seems to get done as far as disciplining the maid staff.

After sending an email via the website complaining about that, I was sent a check for a $40 refund.

All in all, it served it’s purpose. Gave me a place to hang out and sleep while I apartment shopped.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Been to Knights Inn Racine? Share your experiences!