“Well kept older Marriott” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Racine
Chicago
“Well kept older Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Had to be here for a conference, and although the hotel shows its age in the decor, the place was extremely clean and well cared for. Carpets were immaculate, no marks on walls, spotless rooms and public bathrooms. Hotel restaurant was pretty ordinary fare, but an efficient wait staff was cognizant of a limited lunch hour and got everything out quickly. Friendly front desk staff and professional staff throughout -- being greeted pleasantly in the hallways by staff members felt like the way Marriott used to be years ago. Nice job!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
RacineMarriott, Director of Sales at Racine Marriott, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Racine Marriott. We appreciate that you have recognized our superb staff and the care we take in maintaining our hotel. The management and staff take great pride in ensuring that we give each guest an exemplary display of our Midwestern hospitality. Please visit again, soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Was recently here on business and stayed 3 nights. The room was comfy and had all the usual amenities. I really enjoyed the fitness center and the pool area...very relaxing. There aren't many dining options n the area so I ate at the restaurant on the property, and it was pretty good. Order the meat ball sliders or the quesadillas. Delicious! There are also daily drink specials, however the wine was not good.

The staff at the front desk was very friendly, and spoke everyday. I would stay here again if I'm in Racine.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
RacineMarriott, Director of Sales at Racine Marriott, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Racine Marriott on your recent business trip to the area. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the recently renovated fitness center and Racine's largest indoor hotel pool. It's great that you stay fit while traveling! Next time you stay in with us, try the Crabby Patties or the Cheese Steak Spring Rolls - both get rave reviews from patrons. We do offer a large selection of wine's by the glass, and our servers would be happy to suggest an alternative to what you had last time. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Even if there were, I would still choose this Marriott. It's an older property but they keep this hotel very nice. The staff always make you feel welcome and are very cordial. I travel a lot for business but I stay at Marriott's whenever possible. The Buffet Breakfast was very tasty and the gentlemen that fixed my eggs over medium cooked them perfectly! The only change I would recommend is...please update the amenities in the bathroom and public washrooms. The facial/bath tissue is not very soft. Other than that, it's always a great experience. And by the way...love the grab bag idea for your frequent stay members.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for recently choosing the Racine Marriott when you visited the area. Our management and staff take great pride in the care of our facility, and we appreciate that you recognized that in your recent review. Also, I am happy to share your great experience with the gentleman that is our morning omelet chef. We often receive great comments on our breakfast! Also, a fun fact, the hotel was originally built by the S.C. Johnson company - headquartered in Racine - and known for such products as WIndex, Ziploc and Off! - amongst many other famous consumer goods.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

As a frequent business traveler, I'll admit to being spoiled by the array of hotels I get to stay in. I haven't stayed at a Marriott in a while and honestly, there's not much more to choose from in Racine. The meeting I was attending was in the hotel so it was very convenient and actually quite a short trip from the Milwaukee airport. The hotel is a solid, basic hotel that provides all the basic needs of a business traveler - business center, room service, breakfast buffet and facilities rental. The air circulation was a bit stale and not an extensive wine choice but that's to be expected. All in all I'd say average but solid.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
RacineMarriott, Director of Sales at Racine Marriott, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at the Racine Marriott. While it seems that your stay was acceptable,our goal is to ensure that each guest has an exceptional stay while visiting the Racine area. The wine list is in the process of being updated to reflect new offerings for the Summer season. If you do plan to return to Racine, we hope you consider staying at the Racine Marriott. We would be happy to offer you a complimentary glass of wine on your next visit.
Racine, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the years and it's a nice local place. Since the remodeling, their prices have increased quite a bit and I don't think it's worth the new rate, especially in this location. My recent stay was for 2 nights, I used Priceline and paid less than half per night; highly recommend this. Upon arrival, I was greeted by the evening desk managers who were very friendly; welcoming smiles, personable, and very helpful. The room was spacious, very clean, with comfy beds, but the AC did not work. The fan worked on one speed - low - slowly blowing warm air. I lowered the thermostat to 62 and it remained warm and stuffy in the room all night, needless to say, sleeping wasn't good. When I left for work at 9:00 a.m., I alerted the morning desk manager who said she would send someone to check. Incidentally, she didn't seem as approachable as the evening managers, not one smile. When I returned to the room at 9:30 p.m., the AC still wasn't working and the thermostat still set at 62. My teeth should've been chattering at that temp but instead it was still warm and stuffy. I could have called but too tired to gather my belongings and move to another room. Upon checkout the next morning, I purposely waited for the same morning desk manager (still not smiling) to ask how everything was...she did not. So, I offered that the AC still wasn't working even after I alerted her the previous morning. She said that someone checked and reported that it was working. Hmmm. I reminded her that the fan was marginally working but the AC itself never came on. She apologized and that was that. Sooo...I asked if I could be somehow compensated for the inconvenience of 2 uncomfortable nights sleep. She asked if I had eaten breakfast yet and indicated that since I used a 3rd party (Priceline) there was nothing more she could do. I asked if instead I could have a credit toward a future stay. She agreed and I was given an undetermined credit to use in the future. Again, the hotel is nice, rooms are spacious and very clean but I really don't think it's worth the full rate in this location, even with the remodeling. In fact, I actually liked the hotel better prior to the redecorating. Seems like it lost something...

Room Tip: Room with working AC.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
RacineMarriott, Manager at Racine Marriott, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. We do take great pride in the cleanliness and upkeep of the hotel, and appreciate your positive feedback. We also recognize that there was an issue with your air conditioning, and take this very seriously. The engineering department is in process of resolving this issue and we look forward to ensuring your comfort on your next visit to Racine. Again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing the Racine Marriott.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Marriott is always a wonderful place to stay, but I will admit that I was a bit apprehensive about this particular stay. The town is kind of small and the picture of the hotel itself looked a little dated. I was worried that it would not be a great stay, but it was! Upon entering, we were greeted by a warm and welcoming lobby, and checked in by very helpful staff.
The room was spacious and clean, with a wonderfully comfortable king bed. The bathroom was clean, the room quite sound proof, and we both felt very comfortable there.
Be aware that there is no complimentary breakfast. I was surprised to see that, and even more surprised at the price of a breakfast buffet at the adjoining restaurant. We opted for the Starbucks down the road. Also, the rooms appear to be recently remodeled, which is excellent, but the thermostat has not been. It would only heat, even though the room was very warm. The staff was quite helpful and provided a fan for us to gt the air moving.
All in all, it was a great visit. We'll be staying at this Marriott when we are in Racine in the future!

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the upper floor, thinking it would be a little quieter, but no such luck this...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
RacineMarriott, Director of Sales at Racine Marriott, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Racine Marriott. We are proud of the hotel, our staff and all we offer and are thrilled when our guests notice, too. We do take note of room requests, and certainly try to accommodate all requests. we are in the process of resolving the heating issue. When you visit us, again, please contact our reservations department and ask for your special room type and we will most certainly note the higher floor room request.
St. Paul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This full service hotel has nice people and a clean property. The food is good the service is good from the moment you walk in the door. The bed is great the towels seem to be new however it is time to upgrade the clock and doors. It is not uncommon for me to put down a towel at the bottom of the door to keep out the light but I would have needed a sheet. Overall I would definitely stay again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
RacineMarriott, Director of Sales at Racine Marriott, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent feedback regarding your stay at the Racine Marriott. The management and staff take great pride in the cleanliness and service that we offer, and strive to be the very best. We appreciate your suggestions on improvements, and we anticipate updates to be taking place in the future.

Been to Racine Marriott? Share your experiences!