“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of River Heights Motel

River Heights Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prescott
River Heights Motel
1020 US Highway 10, Prescott, WI 54021   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Prescott
Vail, Colorado
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I've stayed at the River Heights Motel a couple times because it's close to where one of my parents live. It is currently for sale and it shows; the current owner's are understandably not spending any money on it. The entire property needs serious renovation from water damage in bathrooms, and fixtures, to the furnishings, to all the finishes; it's all dead tired. For the price - over $65.00 for a single per night, the standard of the rooms and what you get, I felt gouged. Some rooms have internet, some don't. Some rooms have a coffee maker, some don't and of the rooms I've stayed in, none of them has a light that can be easily reached from bed to read with. I moved a standing lamp to the side of the bed (only some of the outlets have power) so I could read in bed.
The good news is that the motel is on a beautiful site above the river, they've recently changed to a non-smoking policy (although unsuccessfully in rooms that were once smoking rooms - they still reek), the nearby restaurant/bar across the parking lot serves solid standards, and who ever buys this place might possibly give it the love it needs and restore an "old school" motel to a nice place.

Room Tip: If you want internet service, be sure to ask for a room that gets it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
faribault, minnesota usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I wanted a romantic night for my daughter and her husbands 8th wedding anniversary, I was excited to book a room at the River Heights Motel. My daughter came home dissapointed in 2 things, 1. the pool was closed due to the state of wisconsin saying they didnt have blue prints or something when I called to ask why. Not a word was said to me about this when I booked, hence I had my daughter make sure to bring along a swimsuit... 2. someone was vaccuming at 10:30 p.m..really?? I called also about this and was told they do this every night at end of shift assuming everyone (guests) are still in the bar..My daughter wasnt...I was very dissapointed for the money..will never book again

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Anoka, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

This was the only motel I found in Prescott. It is very comfortable and the rooms are large. It is right next to Philanders Grill and Bar which has good food. The front desk staff was very friendly. If you are staying here, you need to visit the Monkey Bar at the No Name Saloon in downtown Prescott. It is a great place to hang out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to River Heights Motel? Share your experiences!