“Will definitely return-awesome place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Prairie du Chien

Super 8 Prairie du Chien
You added Super 8 Prairie du Chien to your Saves list
Super 8 Prairie du Chien
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1930 South Marquette Rd, Hwys 18 & 35 South, Prairie du Chien, WI 53821   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Prairie du Chien
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
“Will definitely return-awesome place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I totally enjoyed our two night stay at this hotel. We had actually been pleasantly surprised by the decor, the amenities, and the breakfast served. The staff was pleasant and informational. We will definitely stay at this Super 8 when we again visit Prairie Du Chien in a couple of years for our anniversary trip.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

I had made a reservation weeks before as I was traveling with my dog. When I made the reservation through the hotel, the desk staff initially told me she couldn't give me an AARP discount. She finally figured out the computer system and told me the AARP discount was applied. I arrived at the hotel after 4 days of driving from California (2000 miles). Although I was expecting a dog charge, this Super 8 charges $15/night which is more than other Super 8s do ($10). I was told that the dog charge is based on the individual hotel owners prerogative. The room base charge was $3 higher than that quoted on the phone, with the AARP discount, but I didn't argue with the clerk. Despite this, she was haughty, arrogant. I stayed two nights. On the evening, after walking my dog, my key card didn't work on the outside door. The inside room entrance had the bolt and couldn't be opened either. When I went to the office to get the key card reset, just took the card, acting offended at the interruption. On the final morning, I called the desk at 10:15AM and asked if it "would be problem if I took an extra 1/2 hour to check out" as I was needing to organize my truck for the next leg of my trip. As checkout was at 11AM, I just wanted until 11:30. The desk clerk was vey snooty and responded: "If the maids are finished cleaning by 11, then it will be a problem. Call then to find out." In other words, she wanted me to call at 11AM to find out if I could stay past 11AM. And, she was also implying that the maids had no other checkout rooms they could clean prior to mine. It was a ridiculous response for her, but was consistent with the attitude that the other two clerks had shown. To get out of the room by 11AM, I left with wet hair as I didn't have time to dry it, and the clerk obviously saw my wet hair when I checked out. So, my only conclusion is that such brusque treatment is systemic within this hotel and sanctioned by the ownership. Thus, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

We chose Super 8 because it was reasonable, in a good location, had internet access, and a free breakfast.
The room was clean and the bed firm. It was what I would consider an average room butnothing fancy.
The breakfast was better than I was expecting. There were waffles, english muffins, danish, toast, cereal, apples, juice and coffee.
If you are looking for a reasonably priced place to sleep, I would recommend Super 8.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

On a short trip with husband, 1 year old daughter and our golden retriever. The room was really clean and orderly (I wasn't sure what to expect from one of the "pet rooms" having never brought our pet along to a hotel before). Continental breakfast left something to be desired for me, but --- what the heck --- it's the Super 8. My husband sure enjoyed that Belgian waffle. It was incredibly convenient having a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Having stayed in several Super 8s over the years, I really felt that this one was superior. Our only complaint would be that there never seemed to be any staff around the front desk.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2008

I've stayed in many Super 8 motels and the quality varies. This was one of the nicer ones. The public areas (lobby, breakfast area, stairwells) were inviting and nicely decorated (in some budget motels, these areas tend to look institutional). The room furnishings were also a cut above those in a budget motel, as shown in the photographs on the web site. The desk clerk was helpful with dinner recommendations and there was a free continental breakfast in the morning.

• Liked — Cheerful and clean, in public areas as well as in the room
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Anacortes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

Even though this motel is an older Super 8, it was clean and the room was nice. The clerk was very friendly and when we asked about finding a restaurant , she told us about her favorite place which we found to be excellent.

We were on the ground floor with a door that opened to the outside as well as the door in the corridor. It did look like previously someone had tried to break in as the door jam was broken.

• Liked — Cleanliness and room was large
  • Disliked — Need a little rug cleaning
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Menomonie, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2007

Kara, the front desk clerk is rude! The owner is never there to comment or speak with. Other people that we spoke with while booking the room were very uneducated as to policies and procedures. ANy question asked they advised they would need to contact the manager who is never available. I will never stay here again because of the customer service and unprofessional workers!!!!! TERRIBLE!!!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Prairie du Chien? Share your experiences!