“First Time at An AmericInn was GREAT!” 5 of 5 stars

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien
130 South Main Street, Prairie du Chien, WI 53821   |
Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Prairie du Chien
Franklin Wisconsin
“First Time at An AmericInn was GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We started out at a competitor in Prairie du Chien but moved when I woke up with a terrific backache. We are used to an extra, extra soft memory foam mattress. We called around and found that this hotel had Select Comfort beds in some of its rooms. We had never stayed at an AmericInn before. When checking them out in other locations they didn't always measure up to the competition. We were very pleased to see that this particular property was well-maintained and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We came to this city to watch the eagles migrating and our location could not have been better. The eagles were actually very visible right from our second story room. The hotel had nice touches like the fresh cookies and milk every day and the breakfast was fantastic. The Select Comfort bed was a little disappointing in that I weigh in at 227 pounds (down from 260 and more to go!) and when the setting for my side of the bed was at 30 I was starting to bottom out on something like a hard board. I know this is a design flaw of the bed and not the fault of the hotel. We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Indianola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on Friday, February 17th. We found the hotel to be very clean and homey. Thier continental breakfast was good...and on Saturday morning they had a staff lady preparing omelets to order. They were great!
As we ate breakfast, we could look out the front windows of the hotel (facing west) and see a number of bald eagles flying around...less than a block away. It was really nice.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: They have a variety available. We happened to have a king.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Platteville, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I travel for business and pleasure about 110 nights per year. For the first time in my life, I was sent by work to Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin. I chose the Americinn there for two reasons.1) It was located a short walk to downtown restaurants and bars, and 2) I have had pleasant experiences staying at other Americinn locations throughout the Midwest. My experience at this hotel was among the MOST PLEASANT that I have ever enjoyed. From the moment that I checked in and the clerk at the front desk offered to help me with my bags, to the clean and comfortable room during my stay, to the rice krispie treat I was given at the front desk as I checked out, I was impressed throughout my stay.

Ironically, I was assigned by work the following week to another project in Prairie Du Chien. I never thought twice about staying anywhere else. VERY SATISFIED OVERALL!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Nice, clean, and very homey compared to other hotels in the neighborhood. Stayed here a few times for business. Enjoy a movie with popcorn and cookies as well as a great free massage chair. Will be returning if I'm in the neighborhood again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Maquoketa, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

We have stayed at several AmericInns but the one in Prairie du Chien really tops the list. The staff was very accommodating to allow our friends to gather in the lobby and bring in snacks. The hotel staff provided gourmet coffees, popcorn and even warm chocolate chip cookies and milk before bedtime. We appreciated the microwave oven and refrigerator in our room. Overall, we had a wonderful stay. Darla's omelets prepared for our breakfast were excellent! She won an award in 2011 and is on her way to a repeat in 2012! We will definitely recommend this AmericInn to our family and friends and will stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Coralville, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

From Manager Chris Meyer to wonderful staff (Darla, Krista, Vicky, Judy & everyone), you will not find a more inviting and comfortable hotel anywhere. These folks are exceptional at making sure you feel at home and offer wonderful accommodations. They serve made from scratch omelets (part of their FREE breakfast) a pool, hot tub, an awesome massage chair in their fitness room, and extremely clean and comfortable rooms. Just awesome!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Great place to spend a night. The rooms are homey and comfortable and the best omelet in the morning.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien? Share your experiences!