“Not worth price” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Albert Lea, Minnesota
“Not worth price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I loved the atmosphere and the salad bar was great. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. Our appetizer (calamari) was not very good at all. We both ordered steak and it was very bland and not all that tender for a filet. I don't believe they seasoned the steak at all. It definitely wasn't worth the money we paid and when in the area again, I think we'll try something else.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Anamosa, Iowa
“Average food ($100/family of four)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went to Jones' on a Saturday night. We got there about 4:40, we seated and told they didn't serve until 5:00. We had to go to the bar to get drinks because we didn't have a server yet. My daughter (10), son (13) and I ordered the salad bar and my husband got the porterhouse ($38.00) with a baked potato.

The salad bar was below average for our tastes (we think the Pizza Ranch has a better selection/tastier sides on their salad bar). They did have two different lettuce choices, but the sides/dressing/cheeses left something to be desired.

My husband said the porterhouse was good, about the same quality/flavor you can get at a Longhorn Steak place. Nothing spectacular.

For our family it cost $100. This does include five beers and a soda.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Belgium, Wisconsin
“Excellent choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Although VERY pricey for the area (in my opinion), the food was excellent! I'm glad we arrived early, without reservations, on a Friday night because it was packed! Although the decor leaves something to be desired, I'm there for the food. There are 2 things worth mentioning, the salad bar has chilled plates and the steaks, etc. are grilled in front of the kitchen in an "open" area; super cool!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Illinois
“Best prime rib I ever ate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I would like to say first that the sign outside reads "The Angus Supper Club." The menus are printed with Jones Black Angus - sometimes name differences cause confusion in finding a place. Very good atmosphere, real white cloth tablecloths, good service. We drove past this supper club 3 different days and the parking lot was always full - a good sign. I am not usually a big meat eater but after a day outside in fall weather I decided to try the special that day of prime rib and was not disappointed.They also offered baked acorn squash as a potato alternative that day which was very tasty. In my opinion a restaurant that cooks vegetables well gets points from me.They also have a good selection of wines by the glass. The prices may be a little high for Wisconsin, but a bargain compared to what our meal would have cost in the Chicago area. My husband was also very impressed with this supper club.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Texas
“excellent steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I absolutely loved this restaurant. It is an old supper club. A lot of locals go here. I had the filet ! One of the best steaks I've had

Visited September 2012