“Cook your own steak” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Cook your own steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Select your steak from the refrigerated case, then use the large grill, spices & butter to create your own masterpiece. My favorite is the tenderloin, but there's a variety to choose from. Steaks are a flat rate, that includes baked potato and salad (brought to the table). Make garlic toasted bread while your steak is cooking. My steak is usually a 2-drink cook! You can also cook your own chicken breast or fish (basket provided).

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lodi, Wisconsin
“Memorial Day lunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have been to Hookers before and normally the service is marginal but the food is good. Today the owner was is prime form, we ate at the bar and she literally threw our food at us and walked away, leaving us with no silverware or napkins. I don't think we'll be back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portage, Wisconsin
“River Restaurant that Rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Anyone interested in a great atmosphere and awesome food and view with the good honest people of the area check out this little sweet spot tucked away from the fast paced over priced yuppie hang outs

Visited May 2013
East Windsor, New Jersey
“Outsider review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I came into the Lodi area to visit friends and they took us to this fun restaurant. The atmosphere here is casual and comfortable, with the restaurant on one side, and a bar on the other side.

We first went into the bar for drinks, as we arrived a bit earlier than expected. Some of the tables around the bar area were canoes with lacquered wood planks overlaying it. Very cool touch that, I was told by my wife, I will be mimicking this summer for our house. Drinks were fairly priced and cold. Can't ask for better.

The restaurant itself is pretty small, as a good section of it is a huge charcoal grill that is the cooking area for the patrons. You get to choose the type and cut of steak you are interested for what I believe is a good price. Note that I am from the NJ area and prices can be a bit high.
The experience of cooking your own steak was definitely a fun one! Everyone around the grill is very friendly and you end up having a couple of enjoyable conversations.

Once the steak is done, you are back to your table and enjoying some fine steak. I was a bit leery about cooking it myself, as you cannot complain about the quality of the cooking(!), but I did a fine job, as did everyone else at my table

Looking forward to visiting the restaurant again the next time we are in the area and I am seriously considering renting one of the 'cabins' on the property for the evening - beats having to worry about drinking and driving!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lodi, WI
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Generous amounts and fresh! Great spot on the Wisconsin River and friendly staff, and clean restrooms and great bar area and fun place and what more can I say?

Visited July 2012