“Expectations disappointed - I was not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in Plover
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
“Expectations disappointed - I was not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

I expected much more based on the appearances and reviews - I was not impressed by the food. The ingredients did not seem fresh and there was way too much gravy slathered on the food. It seemed to weigh the food down, but I suppose that's the local taste preference. The decor was well done and service was just fine.

Stevens Point
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My husband & I LOVE Chinese food so decided to give this place a try. They had a lunch buffet going on which we thought would be great. The selection was minimal...there just wasn't enough variety for us. We will go back to the restaurant that we typically go to...same price with more options.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Better than most....in Central Wisconsin.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Ok, this restaurant is not going to make anybody's list of best Chinese restaurants, but it is pretty good for a non-urban area. The decor is nicer than most other Chinese places. The buffet looks pretty standard, but the menu is good....pan Asian with Japanese, Thai, Malaysian, and Chinese dishes. We had the chopped chicken lettuce wraps for an appetizer. The filling was good, but the lettuce was too fresh and thick to fold into a wrap....should have been blanched a moment first. The hot and sour soup was flavorful, but didn't have a lot of goodies in it....probably because it was taken off the buffet, and people had already fished out the good stuff. My wife had Moo Shu pork, and it was very good. I had kung bao shrimp, and it was good, with lots of big shrimp, and good veggies, but could have been hotter....peppery, not temperature. The meal also came with a salad....good ginger dressing....but kind of overkill. Some of the the entrees...especially the more exotic ones....are a little higher priced than other Chinese restaurants in the area. They also have a full bar. This would be a very average place in Madison or Milwaukee, but is near the top in Plover Wisconsin

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We ate here on a friday night and had the buffett. I am not a big fan of seafood but my husband enjoyed it a lot (his first Japenesse experience). I did find enough other tasty things on the buffett to fill up on.

We will definetly go back and try ordering off the menu next time.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“loved the buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

loved the buffet- always stocked, hot and delicious! good food

Visited January 2012