“Our stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ledyard,Ia
“Our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a week. They treated us like family. The whole staff was excellent to everyone in the family that stayed there.
When we left I felt like I was leaving part of my family. They are awesome. The hotel is very clean. The staff is great. I would definitely
stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a mini vacation to Kenosha and Milwaukee. The hotel was super clean, the people friendly, the breakfast great. Have no problem in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
El Sobrante, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I had arrived in town to visit family and selected Holiday Inn Express for it's convenient location, pool, free breakfast, and free wifi. Shortly after I checked in I had a spill on the bed linens and I reported it to the desk attendant, Joe Point, fully expecting to be charged for damages. Instead Mr. Pointe took the position accidents will happen and told me not to worry about it, there would not be additional charges. His simple gesture turned a negative experience around so I could just focus on seeing my family. His courtesy was much appreciated.

chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

My ten year old daughter opened the door to our room and we found a naked man on the bed with the lights on and she saw everything! We asked for a our money back on the room which we were given. Two days later the GM of the hotel called me and yelled and screamed at me bc he did not think this was a big deal. He thought I should have been more concerned with his revenue than the fact that my daughter witnessed this! I am outraged. He obviously doesn't have any kids. My daughter was afraid bc she was worried the naked man would recognize her and be mad that we woke him up. GM needs a lesson in customer service!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
jnpmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
After a thorough investigation, we did not hear of any complaints regarding a intrusion of guests privacy. We take our guests privacy and service very seriously. Thank you.
Antioch, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

We recently stayed in your hotel for a wedding. And I must say that from making the reservation to checking out, the hotel staff was great! They all were so friendly and accomodating. You dont find that many places. When you walk in and out they greet you, the housekeepers were very friendly! Just an all around great hotel. Thanks for making my sisters day worry free for us guests that traveled for her big day! A+ in my book!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

The service has always been excellent when Linda is at registration and at front desk when I arrive or check-out. Linda's customer service is outstanding. Unfortunately, Dawn who is the manager does not have good customer service. I was not pleased with the service Dawn provided.

The room is standard, it is okay for an overnight stay. Sometimes we get a room with a microwave/refrigerator. Other times I don't, but this is really not a huge deal, because I stay one night only.

The most important thing is customer service - Linda is a great asset to your administration. Due to the experience that my colleagues and I had with Dawn's management style, we almost left to a different hotel. However, Linda provided valuable customer service and took several steps to ensure we were satisfied customers. We opted to continue to give holday express our business because Linda took the time to address our concerns.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dawn M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Thank you for staying at our property and taking the time to let us know the problems you encountered.

I want to apologize for the misunderstanding we may have had regarding your room rate upon check in.

I have made sure that in the future that we have your rate correct.

I do appreciate your kind words about Linda and agree that she is an asset to our company.

Feel free to give me a call directly if we need further clarification.

Dawn Melton
------------------
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

What a disappointment! I had specific questions about our travel/room needs and called 3 times over 2 days without getting a person before I made the reservation. I just got a recording every time I called that put me on hold, came back and replayed every time telling me I would be connected (didnt call during peak times: check in/out or anything). Needed a refigerator (child has meds) and a micro for a special needs child's routine. My husband said "when have we EVER not had those in a room? They have to have them." I also wanted to know about pool hours as my girls LOVE to swim. We were going to the theme park and wante to swim when we got back (last year went to keylime cove and were disappointed that the pools close early). We got back from 6 flags around 9:30, got in the pool, man come in at 9:50 and announces "POOL IS ONLY OPEN TO ADULTS AFTER 10PM!). Only one other family w/ kids and us were in the pool. the kids were very disappointed. Had they answered the phone, I would have known prior to reserving. The room itself was chintzy-not even a sofa! 300.00 for 2 nights and not even a couch to sit on!!?? Breakfast mediocre-microwaved eggs, toaster waffles-blah, but the breakfast worker was super friendly. Oh, and they really need to CLEAN the bathrooms. Under the sink TWO spider webs on the ffloor with spiders in them-were not swept/mopped in the time we were there, which tells me not a thorough cleaning job. We get a lot more for our money at Comfort/Clarion and Marriott. Herd of cattle roomed above us-LOUD!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
jnpmanagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at our property.

I am glad you shared your observations regarding our telephone systems and unfortunately we did have some technical phone issues during the week that you tried to call us. We do have room types that have refridgerators and microwaves, your room type booked was not one of these room types, thus we did not have these amenities in your room. I do apologize we were not able to communicate with you regarding this and understand with the phone troubles it was not possible prior to your arrival.

Our pool hours are designed for the enjoyment of all our guests and we do limit the last hour of the pool for Adults and again I do apologize we were not able to communicate the hours prior to your arrrival because of phone lines being repaired.

I also would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by our Housekeeping department. Your comments have been shared with our Executive Housekeeper and the rest of the team. We are working to implement the policy preventing these types of situations from happening in the future.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie? Share your experiences!