“Friendly Staff, Stained Carpets, loud towards expressway” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
“Friendly Staff, Stained Carpets, loud towards expressway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I visited family in Kenosha, decided to stay at Radisson since I have been satisfied with other Radisson stays.

It was just a bit below average when compared to other Radissons.

Basic, but clean. Lobby décor is a bit dated, front desk staff is friendly.

The hotel is off the main highway and in front of premium outlet mall, which has great bargains for brand name stores.

The room was basic, at least in good shape, clean, except for stained carpet, large and multiple smears. Sleep number beds comfortable, flat screen tv. AC was not loud, worked well and curtains were good enough to block all light.

The carpet did have some permanent stains, but the rest of room was clean. No fridge or microwave. Bathroom was very good, all worked, and very clean. I do like the Radisson toiletries.

I had a room at end of hall, on west end and I could hear highway traffic at night.

I really did not like that there are smokers constantly hanging around the front door. In the afternoons I had to navigate between a crowd of smokers. I thought that this was illegal, they have to be 15 feet from entrance, but staff does not enforce this.

Free parking, free wifi which was fast and I never got dropped. I used the business printer which was complimentary.

I did use workout room, small but sufficient, enough treadmills and weights. Then I went to indoor pool which is large, then used hot tub which was nice and hot, and jets worked well. Not too chlorinated which is good.

We ate breakfast, service at first was good. No buffet, made to order omelet from menu. But mid meal, my server disappeared, after a while showed up with the check, never came back. Odd.

I guess this hotel is one of the better options for Kenosha, but it is overpriced. If you don't mind dirty carpets, it is comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the EAST side since the adjacent expressway is on the west side of the hotel, and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of working with my Mother-in-law's cancer treatments. We were wanting to come back to get some things for her because she had been unexpectedly admitted to the hospital. The shuttles are only every 2 hours on the weekend and you are supposed to give 30 min notice. We called with 25 min notice and Renee the Customer Experience Manager was rude and would not be flexible at all even though there was still 25 min till the shuttle was scheduled to be there. We explained about our Mom being in the cancer hospital, but to no avail. The Radisson is not up to par with others I have stayed. There is no microwave, no free breakfast, and the beds were very uncomfortable. There were lots of drunk people around on multiple occasions. I even saw empty beer cans and empty wine glasses just sitting around the lobby. Disgusting. The one highlight are the shuttle drivers that took us to the hospital, they were all amazing and went out of their way to help. They should be given a raise, and Renee should be fired, and the contract with the Radisson cancelled if they can't learn to work with people better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jared H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Kenosha, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am very sorry to see that you did not have a experience up to our standards. Our shuttle to and from the hospital is available complimentary to CTCA patients. Due to the distance it must travel we must adhere to a very tight schedule to ensure all patients make it to their appointments on time. I will personally address your concerns with my team to ensure that we are as accommodating as possible in this situation going forward. We have a dedicated public area cleaning associate to tend to the items you detailed in the lobby. I can assure you that these were resolved as quickly as possible and were a result of an onsite wedding.

As the area's only full-service hotel we offer a full menu breakfast inside of the Chancery Restaurant located onsite. Each room features either a Sleep Number bed or a standard bed for those who prefer a traditional option. Many of our CTCA patients elect to reserve a suite as they all feature microwaves & mini-fridges.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced; each one will be addressed and improved going forward.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight April 26, 2013 when we decided to shop at the Prairie Crossing Mall. We splurged on a 1 Bedroom Suite because it seemed the only way we could be sure to get a fridge and microwave in the room. I'm sorry we did it because the king-size bed was in a tiny room with the air conditioning unit only inches from the bed. When the air was on and we were in bed, the air blew so hard on us it felt like a wind tunnel which we could not stand to sleep! So it was a hot, uncomfortable night with the air off. Besides the bedroom the suite had a windowless small living room area with a very large widescreen TV and comfortable enough sitting and a nice bathroom. Pool is too small for lap swimming but nice for kids. Workout room is small but clean. Chancery Pub located in the hotel has a large bar, and nice restaurant area, good service, but really mediocre bordering on bad food. My fish tacos and my husband's hamburger were practically tasteless.

Room Tip: Don't get the 1 Bedroom suite if you have trouble sleeping with air blowing directly on you from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed for two nights last weekend. Front desk was helpful and friendly and room was average and clean. They barely had any good cable channels and the bed isn't as comfortable as I thought it would be. Fitness room was rather small but it was clean and I felt comfortable enough to get a good workout in. They have complimentary coffee in the lobby and it taste great! Plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: They charge your card $20 per night but it is charged back after check out.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stay here for business monthly and find it a friendly, clean and pleasant atmosphere. The staff is always welcoming and the restaurant has good food, better than any fast food option in the area. An excellent choice if you have to be working in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stay at this hotel regularly for business and have a few times for personal. Great staff that is always friendly and ready to help. Comfortable rooms and restaurant/bar on site with good food. Hotel is very clean and well kept. Great meeting rooms also if needed.

Room Tip: I have never had an issue with room location or noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Location is great. Right next to out door Premium outlets. Restaurant was good. Manager was great. Room was nice. They had sleep number beds. Pool is small but nice. We will stay there again. Right off interstate too.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Kenosha? Share your experiences!