“Lovely place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Platteville
Channahon
“Lovely place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2007

This hotel is great - the entire facility was very clean and quiet. My husband and I enjoyed our two night stay. Clerks at front desk were polite and helpful. Pool area was well kept. Breakfast was very good with an assortment of items. I would recommend this hotel highly and use it again. Thanks Country Inn of Platteville!

• Liked — The Cleanliness in all areas of the hotel.
  • Disliked — I liked everything.
  • Tips/Secrets — None
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2005

My family stayed in this hotel last night (a Friday)
and found it an excellent place.
We had a great time in the pool,
our room was very quiet (even
though the hotel was full), and the
breakfast was a good deal.

The service was excellent,
both timely and friendly.
The hotel is very clean,
including the pool area.

Stayed June 2005
Madison, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2004

How ironic that the last review also had lousy service from the front desk. When we were checking in the clerk told me I had reserved a room with one bed. I knew that was wrong but he kept insisting that is what I had reserved and was the only roon they had left. I agreed to take the room as it also had a sleeper-sofa. Then he handed me the check-in form to sign and he had the wrong name! I had given him my credit card with my name on it as I had walked up to the counter so I could notbeleive he had the wrong person. After I pointed out his mistake to me he found MY reservation for a room with two beds. When I went to check out the girl at the front desk was on the phone. It was obviously a personal phone call. Without saying a word to me she took my room keys. She then shoved a paper at me saying "sign here" gave me my copy and then appologized to the person on the phone for interupting thier conversation! This is a nice hotel with a nice pool but the desk staff I met are all incompetent.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2004

I had rented a room last fall. My nephew was with us whom is allergic to clorine. The shower in our room was not working. My nephew needs to shower as soon as he leaves the pool, or he will break out with a horrible sick rash. I tried calling the front desk three times. Twice from my room. Then once from my cell. Each time the phone was busy.
Then I went to the front desk to get help. The girl there was talking to a friend the whole time. After a little time she asks my needs. My nephew finally got bathed anddid break out with a rash. I will never recommend this Country Inn in Platteville to anyone. I thought it might have been just me, but the girl was ignoring all customers and taking continuouly on the phone with friends. I do not feel she would have treated anyone any better.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2003

When I have out-of-town guests who wish to stay in a local motel, I recommend Country Inn. It is very clean and comfortable, well-decorated, and has a very nice pool/hot tub area. All experiences of my visitors who stayed here have been very positive.

• Stayed January 2003

Been to Country Inn By Carlson, Platteville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn By Carlson, Platteville

Address: 630 South Water Street, Platteville, WI 53818
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Platteville
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Platteville
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Carlson, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Country Inn By Carlson, Platteville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn Platteville
Platteville Country Inn

If you own or manage Country Inn By Carlson, Platteville, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.