“A Great Find!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 38 Restaurants in Platteville
Cuisines: American
“A Great Find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

When we walked in the restaurant was quiet but found a very personable & friendly waitress to seat us. Our meals had good taste & flavors. My husband had the steak & cheese wrap. My son and I had sandwich's with great flavorful ingredients.(I had the BLT) Our waitress had excellent knowledge of the menu. My husband would recommend the banana cream pie.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lancaster, Wisconsin
“Bland, Greasy, Overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

The food was not good. It was bland, greasy, and overpriced for what we got. It took it a while to get to us and the place was pretty empty (should've been a clue to us). I ordered a stuffed brat burger and only ate 1/4 of it. It was so bland and just didn't taste well. The cheese on the top wasn't even melted, it just looked shiny with beads of oil on it (YUCK!) The beef barely soup had a really odd flavor, almost sweet, I took 2 bites of it and stopped for fear it might be rancid or something with such a weird flavor. My husband ordered the Terminator burger and even though it was piled with meat and cheese, he said it just tasted like grease. No flavor. Even the bacon alone didn't have a good smoked flavor, just bland. My son took two bites of his chicken legs and just ate the fries instead. When my husband took a bite of the chicken, he knew why. Again, said it just tasted of odd grease or oil. Maybe because it was fish fry special that night that everything tasted odd. The food was so disappointing. We paid $12.99 for my sandwich, $2 extra dollars for the soup (nothing is included with the sandwiches, you have to even pay extra for fries!) and I ate hardly any of it. The only time I was asked if it was ok was right after it came to the table and I hadn't taken a bite yet. I worked as a waitress and if I came to a table and a person had hardly touched their meal and wasn't asking for a box, I made sure they liked the meal. This didn't happen, we were brought our bill and that was it. I said something when we paid at the counter, but the person didn't say a word. Needless to say we will not return. For the money we spent ($41 with no alcohol or tip) we could've gone to many other area restaurants for a much better meal. Would've given a "0" if that were an option.

• Visited January 2012