“Standarad American Motel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Phillips
Minnesota
“Standarad American Motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have stayed at Timber Inn twice, instead of a boring chain hotel, it has that classic American motel charm. The owners/operators are nice, and the hotel was generally clean and tidy. Your car is just outside your door, you even get your own small patio. It's fun to hang out in the lobby in the morning and chat with the owners and other guests.

As for amenities, the continental breakfast was nice. The TV was not a 52" plasma, it was a 20" Zenith that was probably three or four decades old... ...which I thought was fun! WiFi was free, reliable and fast.

However, the rooms were generally worn out, especially the carpet; worn out to the point where the rooms are no longer "classic"; instead they are starting to look run down. I think if I stay in Phillips again I will probably stay at Super 8.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Nil_Patel, Manager at Timber Inn Motel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete the Trip Advisor Review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hudson, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010 via mobile

Lets be frank. My mother-in-law made me stay here. This is Phillips Wisconsin, so my hopes weren't high. The place appeared to be clean, but smelled funny and just didn't feel clean. The decor was seriously outdated - like 30 years. The pillows were flat like they were about that old too. There was a weird angel, which I am 99% sure was purchased from Northern Merchandise, hanging from the ceiling. It frightened me. The owners were smoking in the lobby next to my continental breakfast. Gross. I will check out other options next time I am in town, if it is up to me anyway.

• Stayed August 2010

Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Beautiful setting, friendly atmosphere, very nice and clean interior. Stayed for 2 nights and it was a great value. Would stay again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

A taste of the north woods at a very reasonable price. One of the nicest 'budget' motels I've stayed in. My room had a vaulted ceiling, a private porch with view of the lake, and some natural ceder wood covered some of the walls to give it that north woods feel. The room was exceptional clean. A decent selection of breakfast foods were offered at the continental breakfast. Free wireless internet and cable tv were provided. Great staff/owners. I had accidentally left my phone charger there and they sent it back to me for free. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Appleton, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

There were no frills at the Timber Inn Motel, but if you need a clean and quiet place to stay in Phillips, I would recommend this motel. There was no whirlpool or swimming pool, but my room had a microwave, small refrigerator, and a nice little patio that overlooked the main street and lake beyond. The room was very clean and comfortably spacious. A contenental breakfast was served. The owners were very nice. The rate was extremely reasonable. I would stay there again.

• Liked — What I got for the value.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Timber Inn Motel? Share your experiences!