“Quaint island with four season resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Four Seasons Island Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pembine
The Four Seasons Island Resort
You added The Four Seasons Island Resort to your Saves list
N16800 Shoreline Drive, Pembine, WI 54156   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pembine
Mackinaw City, Michigan, United States
“Quaint island with four season resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Quiet and fascinating history sitting in the middle of Menominee River which is the state boundary between Michigan and Wisconsin. The island has one little bridge to Wisconsin and one little bridge to Michigan. A safe, relaxing getaway.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Mackinaw City, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Beautiful location for romantic getaway. Four season resort has the feel you could stay for a week or a month and not have a need to leave. My husband and I snagged a Travelzoo deal for a two night stay at this resort. Pleasantly surprised by the quality of the suite. Spacious room with kitchen, living room, separate bedroom with large bath. We will return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle R, Owner at The Four Seasons Island Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you Cheryl for your Review! The Travel Zoo vouchers are certainly worth it! We are so happy that you were able to visit us and enjoy this beautiful resort with us! We are looking forward to your next visit!
Lake Forest, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We travel frequently and spent at least 120 nights inmany hotels so far this year. This property was a real sleeper as we decided to stay two nights on a Sunday and Monday. The Island setting nestled in the tree lined golf course made for a beautiful late fall viewing. It was very quiet and a wondeful way to get away from our Chicago area base. The property and building site is loaded with local lore and history as depeicted on may of the walls thoughout the resort. Hard to describe the layout as the hotel part is recent contruction (6 years) with all the modern amenities. The are 55 one bedroom suites with plenty of room, well furnished, and complete with a small kitchen. They did not spare any expense in building the hotel. That is linked to a fully rennovated 1920s building that contains the golf shop, bar, Ice Cream parlor, and restraunt. Each of these areas is linked to a cool 4 season porch. There uis also a banquent series of rooms in the upper levels.

When you check in the staff is quick,. welcoming, and efficient! The lobby has quite a collection of vintage motor vehicles! >> A model T Truck, a snow mobile, a Harley with side car, and a BMW Issetta car. In the dining room the is a series of fully restored bicyles like vintage schwinns and a Whizzer! The place in hard to categorize but the vintage displays and the decor all works very well .

In addition to the great service at the hotel, we had equally good food at the resturant. Reasonable prices and an "I can do that attitude" from the waitstaff.

There is a nice gym, and a great indoor pool there as well. We had fast wireless internet connections too. There is a decent light breakfast that was iincluded in our room deal too.

Our only suggestion to make a great place even better is to consider replaciing th light beige carpeting that is used for the hallway border trim outside the elevator and in the hallways. It was soiled and detracts from an otherwise first class facility. Even the hall/rooms doors were real raised panel wood!

We will gladly return to this hotel regardless. In fact we are inviting a friends to give this resort a try. You will like the Four Seasons Resort!.

Room Tip: No bad views though you might ask for a front facing room to avoid the parking lot lights
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle R, Owner at The Four Seasons Island Resort, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Rob! Wow what can I say! I appreciate your feedback and your phone call to compliment Us and our team here at The Four Seasons Island Resort! I am so Happy that you had a wonderful time and that you will be spreading the word to all of your friends.. I feel that the best business is a referral! Yes, I agree the tan carpeting needs replacing in the hallway and we are in the process of gathering quotes for replacement this winter. It has been on our list of Things To Do! When we took over the Hotel/Resort was in a state of distress and we have been repairing alot of deferred maintenance issues... We hope to have these issues completed by next spring! Next time you make arrangements to stay here, Ask for me would love to visit with you!
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Ive lived in the midwest my whole life and never heard of this place. What a wonderful find! The grounds, surrounded by a golf course, were impeccable. Our room was enormous and included a small kitchen, living room area and separate bedroom with large bath. Free cocktail coupons were given to us and free breakfast was included. They provide free entertainment on the weekends upstairs in the lounge and karaoke downstairs. The staff was friendly and the food and views in the restaurant were superb. Everyone we talked to was pleasant, helpful and friendly. The price for all of this was a real bargain. (at least the end of season rates) Although there is plenty to do at the resort, we spent our time hiking to the dozen or so waterfalls in the area. We had a wonderful weekend that didnt cost a lot of money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Michelle R, Owner at The Four Seasons Island Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I am so happy you had a wonderful time at the resort! Thank you for your review, We really do appreciate it very much! I hope to see you back sometime soon! The waterfalls are very beautiful and do provide a nice hiking experience!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I took advantage of a special offer that we found on the Internet. We heard from friends that this place might be haunted. Being the lovers of that kind of thing like we are, it definitely tickled our fancy! A nice little surprise was all of the old Harley's and vehicles on display. They add a very nice touch (not to mention my husband is a collector!)

Our room was gorgeous, and exceptionally clean. The friendly housekeeping staff certainly does a superb job. We ventured out into the lobby by the main dining room by all of the Harley's. We were looking at the Harley's where we met the owner Michelle and a young gentleman that I believe was the manager. They were great and very hospitable and were interested in knowing about us. We spoke with Michelle for quite awhile, thank you for taking that time to talk to us, we really enjoyed your company!

We ate in the sports bar the first night. The food was great. We just had burgers, the menu was typical bar food, but everything we saw looked good. The service was good. We ate in the dining room our second night and the food was amazing! The staff seemed very young, which is something you don't see at resorts. However, most everyone was extremely professional and knew what they were doing. The bartender in the Lounge, I wish I could remember her name, but she had long blonde hair and was just the cutest thing. A professional in her field, that's for sure, we really enjoyed her company.

The checkin and checkout processes were very efficient. We particularly thought the young girl at the front desk was very helpful and sweet, very important! However, when we were checking out, there was an older lady behind the front desk who seemed to be giving the clerk a hard time about something. By the way she was dressed, it wasn't clear if she worked there, but apparently so. It was none of our business, but it just surprised us because of how she was treating the clerk. All of the other staff members we encountered were a real pleasure. We had a great time and aside from the incident we observed at checkout, we probably won't let that stop us from coming back here in the future.

Tip: cell phone coverage is limited, wifi works great though

• Stayed October 2012
I remember talking to you! It was very nice too meet you! So glad your stay was wondeful and I do apologize for the Lady at the front Desk...Although, She has been very helpful to us in setting up all of our online booking engines such as the Travel Zoo, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com sites.. I agree she should not be at the front desk giving our clerk a hard time... Meeting is in place to discuss.... as we have had a few reviews regarding this situation.. So we will fix it... Make sure it doesnt happen again... And it is not something that we would even allow to happen here. Amanda the clerk is a wonderful young lady who has been managing our front desk and doing a darn good job at it and we do cherish her....and we appreciate her every day!
You made Gina (the Bartender in the Lounge) A Happy girl as I showed her your review! A big smile on her face since.. She personally wanted to say Thank you to you! I always tell my employees what a Great Job they do, especially at the end of a very busy weekend when we are putting in 110%. We are very lucky to have them as part of our team and they work hard so a good review is compliment to them as well as to us as the owners.... We are looking forward to your return!
St. Germain, Wi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here for 2 evenings and everything was very nice. The premium suites were taken and we received a luxury suite instead. Premium has a full kitchen and the other has a mini kitchen. The room and grounds were very clean and maintained well. All the employees we encountered were very friendly and helpful.We ate at the sports bar a couple of times and that was good also. The prices at the bar are reasonable and welcomed. Most resorts try to take advantage of guests at the bar. Not so at the Fourseasons.They also offer a free breakfast which is very nice. We are planning on returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you Wisconsin Wizard for a wonderful review! So nice to hear from so many what a great time they had at our Beautiful Resort! Thank you for your positive feedback! IT is a compliment to all of us here at The Four Seasons Island Resort! We are looking forward to meeting you next time you visit us please let us know!
Valparaiso, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We like other contributors took advantage of a Travel Zoo offer and enjoyed a two night stay here during the first week in October. Before our journey to this resort I did check TA reviews of this resort and found a real mix of positive and negative reviews....the negative reviews focusing on things like the young age of many of the resort's employees, the comfort of the beds and pillows, and the poor level of customer service. First of all for anyone who is considering a stay at this resort let me assure you that you have nothing to worry about!

While I would never describe this place as a world class 5 star resort (which it does not pretend to be) it is nonetheless a first class resort in a beautiful setting. The grounds are well maintained and the resort is surrounded by beautiful large pine trees. The 9 hole executive style golf course was fun to play and allows a great opportunity to enjoy the scenery.....wildlife too....I saw a bald eagle! We were fortunate to have fantastic weather and early October is a perfect time to experience the fall colors. All the rooms at the resort are suites.....ours was very large, comfortable (beds and pillows too!), and well appointed. I think the rooms and common areas have all been recently renovated. The classic motorcycles and vehicles located in the common areas were a cool addition to the place. The pool and whirlpool area are beautiful.

I would rate the food at the resort as a solid B+.....a little room for improvement but it is definitely well above average. The menu items at the Steakhouse are a bit pricey and my only real issue with our meal here was that the vegetables served with the meal were only luke warm. I mentioned this to our very friendly and attentive waitress and she promised to say something to the chef. The meal we had in the Lounge Bar was very good. The Bar has a very nice upscale setting and a good vibe to it.

I have nothing but good comments to say about their customer service. Yes, many of their employees are younger.....but I don't believe in age discrimination! I think all the employees we encountered were very pleasant and were trying to ensure that customers had an enjoyable experience, especially the husband/wife owners of the resort. You will figure out who they are because they will be the two friendliest people you encounter.

A case in point on how hard they are trying.....the evening we ate in the Lounge Bar my wife ordered a personal pizza (mushrooms, tomatoes, and spinich). When the pizza arrived my wife told the friendly bartenderess that the pizza didn't have any spinich on it. She verified that she had entered the order correctly but then discovered that the kitchen had run out of spinich. We expected that they would simply adjust the price of the pizza. But the wife half of the ownership team, who was sitting at the bar across from us at the time, instructed her employee to make the pizza complimentary. A pretty darn nice gesture I think. When we left the Lounge after dinner as we walked past the owner she flashed us a great smile and said "sorry about the mixup on the pizza".

Definitely worth a return visit I would say!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your Review! I appreciate it very much! Thank you for letting others know that we truly do go over and above to make sure everyone has a wonderful stay with us!
And yes I do remember your pizza! :-) I am so happy that you had a wonderful experience with us during your stay. We look forward to your next visit!

Been to The Four Seasons Island Resort? Share your experiences!