“we go often” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Omro, Wisconsin, United States
“we go often”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

serves italian and american entrees and has a lovely salad bar for lunch. pastas are made fresh in house. we love it for lunch

Visited June 2012

Virginia
“Old school Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised. From the road, it doesn't look like much, and I would have passed it up if I hadn't seen the "salad bar" sign in front. The salad bar was decent other than the fruit flies, and so I just frult from underneath the top layer. My main dish -- eggplant parmesan -- came with other vegetables like asparagus tips, zucchini, yellow squash, and more. The eggplant did have a couple of large battered and fried pieces, but they were a good thickness, unlike the cheap over-battered frozen eggplant most places serve. Some of the smaller pieces of eggplant weren't battered at all. All of the veggies were cooked just right, with the asparagus just barely steamed and still a little crispy -- everything fresh The pasta texture was perfect, and although I do my homemade sauce differently, their creation was fine. I couldn't believe the quality of a roadside Italian restaurant. Service was good, too.

The place is older inside and out, and they play Dean Martin -- needless to say, they attract a lot of older customers. Behind the restaurant and visible from the dining room, there are flower beds and flowering shrubs, like gardens you'd often see in old world Italians' backyards. Very traditional old school Italian place, although they could use some modern updates, but not to the food. The dining room could be redecorated, and the front lawn was more brown than green. The trees needed new mulch, the flower pots out front needed watering, and so on. For now, that's all tolerable for food so good.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Great Shrimp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I recommend the shrimp, had them here a couple times. Its a nice place with good menu. The dinning isn't very romantic, but very clean and open.

Visited February 2012
Winneconne, Wisconsin
“Always great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

No comparison between Primo and Olive Garden. We are still trying to figure out why anyone in the Osh area would not go to Primo.. Food is wonderful, the ambiance is conducive to fine dining and our wait staff have been excellent... and you can get a REAL reservation. This past weekend I had the salmon and chose asparagus as the side. The salmon was perfectly cooked, hot on the plate and the asparagus was tender. Husband had the trio of Italian specials; spedini, lasagna, shrimp with pasta. He had enough to take home for later dining. We probably average eating at Primo at least once a month and with all the nice restaurants in the Fox Valley area, that's something!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Gluten Free?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My wife has celiac and must eat Gluten free. This was our second and last visit to this place. They advertise gluten free but my wife has gotten ill both times we ate there. The staff are undertrained and service was slow.

They brought her steak with onion rings on it despite our reminding the waitress three times that it must be GF. She resubmitted the order but when it did come it was the least flavored steak my wife had ever had. Absolutely no seasoning of any kind.

My pasta dish was unimaginative.

I have never written a negative review before. Primo was so bad I felt I had to.

• Visited May 2012