“Oshkosh B'Gosh” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6

You added Motel 6 to your Saves list
Motel 6
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1015 S Washburn, Oshkosh, WI 54904 (Formerly Oshkosh Lodge)   |
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Oshkosh
Chicago, Illinois
“Oshkosh B'Gosh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The room was very clean, and kept well. It had a small refrigerator and microwave. The TV worked well. The bed was a little lacking in comfort, but that's ok for a one night low budget motel. Was able to park my car right outside my room, so made getting things in and out, easy. Location was excellent to highway and access to all activities were simple. I felt safe. Heater worked wonderfully.

Room Tip: The Desk Person recommended our room to be on the front side in the way back on the first floor. It...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stow, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

The Motel 6 is on the lower end of the scale. It was clean and comfortable and very close to an exit on highway US 45. But they did not provide in the room shampoo, facial tissues, or a hair dryer. We did get a hair dryer from the front desk.
One positive is they allow pets.
They do not have a restaurant but right across the street is a Perkins Restaurant/Bakery open 24 hours a day. And nearby is an I-Hop and Olive Garden.
We will probably stay here again because they allow pets.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

This chain is terrible! Every location I have been to has had hair in the sink and shower! The walls are so thin, makes the place loud. And because its cheap and the doors on the outside, its loud and the nightzombies make noise until the early morning. Dirty dingy hotel, not run well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
Peter, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to further address your concerns, and help us provide a better guest experience in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We had stayed there 5 years ago and the rooms have been then since remodeled and updated. There is a little bit of remaining smoke smell post remodel, but now all of the rooms are nonsmoking. They have a fridge and microwave, new televisions and modern furniture. Housekeeping did an okay job, but the floors are hardwood and always seemed dusty, but that is the only comment I would make. The staff was friendly and helpful even though we were there during a massive convention of young people at EAA. We stayed for a week and they got to know my routine and respected it, I only had to ask housekeeping to wait once since i was out late and slept in because of the job i was there to do.
I would stay there again because of the reasonable rate, room cleanliness and service provided. It is basic and a good place just to stop and get some sleep.

Room Tip: We prefer ground floor rooms for convenience, and just fyi, the rooms in between the buildings get l...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Kanawha, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We wanted a room just to sleep in overnight on our way to Sister Bay. Got there at 10 p.m. and left at 8 a.m. For this price, the room was what you'd expect. Very small, floor wasn't carpeted, small bathroom with only a shower. The bed was basically a mattress on a stabilizing board - no box springs. I wouldn't pick it for a longer stay, but just for sleeping it was fine.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Toms River, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I went to the Air show in Oshkosh WI. Last year I went and stayed at the Motel 6. I stayed there again this year mostly because there were rooms available not because I was satisfied previously. Upon check in I was assigned a room that was not made up. I was moved to another room, The room was dirty. The grout in the bathroom was dirty and moldy. The grouting around the shower looked like a child had done it. There was paint and caulking all over the aluminum trim of the shower stall. There were stains on the walls in the bathroom. There was dirt on the window sills that hadn't been cleaned in quite some time.
Again the soap was very small and the shampoo bottle was half full. It stayed that way for the 4 days I was there. There were no facial tissues available.
The mattress was so light that it kept slipping off the platform while watching TV and while sleeping.
The third night I was there the cable TV went out. There was no signal. I thought It was because of the bad weather and that it probably affected the entire hotel. It was late so I went to sleep. I woke to find that the TV situation was not rectified. I went to the front desk to report the outage. Nothing was done. I was leaving that day so it didn't matter. Last year I asked the front desk clerk how to get to the main entrance of the air show. She could not tell me, I wrote about it to the motel and Tripadvisor. This year noting changed. I asked the front desk person the same question and she could not tell me how to get to the main entrance by car. There are numerous road blocks so it's not a direct route. You would think if this is the biggest event held in Oshkosh the hotel would have maps made up to direct guests to all entrances.
I guess the point here is for $250 per night I expected a little better service and amenities. If I was charged less for the room I would not have complained. Obviously they have the public where they want them.

Room Tip: If you can't find a room during the week of the airshow you can stay here. Be prepared to pay a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband, 10 yr old son, 9 yr old daughter and I stayed here. It was not planned we were tired and wanted kiddos to get a good night's sleep. We checked in for 65.00 at approximately 11pm. As soon as we walked through the door...I knew it was a 65.00 dollars NOT well spent. Absolutely dirty. Used bar of soap in sink with dirty towel hanging overy sink. Then I layer awake until three a.m. because to the side of us was a party(very loud) and above us were two very voice full people in the act ( try to explain that to the kids.) Finally on our way out we thought we would check the pool...final mistake...a dirty rubber ducky floating in a midst of garbage....truly a sad stay.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!