“All ratings =0.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 to your Saves list
Motel 6
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1015 S Washburn, Oshkosh, WI 54904 (Formerly Oshkosh Lodge)   |
Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Oshkosh
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“All ratings =0.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband, 10 yr old son, 9 yr old daughter and I stayed here. It was not planned we were tired and wanted kiddos to get a good night's sleep. We checked in for 65.00 at approximately 11pm. As soon as we walked through the door...I knew it was a 65.00 dollars NOT well spent. Absolutely dirty. Used bar of soap in sink with dirty towel hanging overy sink. Then I layer awake until three a.m. because to the side of us was a party(very loud) and above us were two very voice full people in the act ( try to explain that to the kids.) Finally on our way out we thought we would check the pool...final mistake...a dirty rubber ducky floating in a midst of garbage....truly a sad stay.

• Stayed June 2014

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I got bite up and got sick from the mold. I put a few pics on here. Do not stay here exposed construction getting wet. You are better off staying in your car. They do a poor job cleaning. The beds are as hard as a rock. Stinky fridge that is broken and freezes everything. This place is a dump! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I found myself sleeping in a nicely presented and well equipped clean room. It had a fridge, a microwave, a table and a good flat screen tv. There were no bugs, spiders or bats. And no smells. The motel is conveniently located for the freeway, access to the city centre, and local eating. I wish I could show you the photos that I took, but the whole photo story for this trip is a tragedy. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
ishpeming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We were here for 1 night I checked in late at 11:30 and the office guy was very friendly and quick. I got to the room and thought it was very nice well worth the $40 I paid. Can't wait to stay here again. I have stayed at many cheap motels and this one was defiantly one of the better ones easy to find and easy to get to.

Stayed December 2013
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed here on two separate nights. I found this hotel to be perfectly fine and good value for the money, with one exception. The room was clean and modern, the staff friendly and the location excellent. My only problem was that on both stays the wi-fi would not connect. I went to the front desk and asked and they said it was up and working, but it simply would not work. I was able to go across the street to the 24 hour restaurant and use their free wi-fi there. Wi-fi access is important to me when I travel for making travel plans, finding info about the area, etc. If it weren't for the wi-fi, I would have given the hotel a five rating. If wi-fi is important to you, you might check if it is working before checking in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

And what you're paying for is a dirty, small box of a room. If you're a light sleeper, don't bother because there is NO soundproofing. The room I am staying in is so "clean" that there is used plastic silverware under one of the beds. The room also smells of urine which my guess is hidden under the "new modern flooring" or in the century old mattresses that the sheets do not stay on or even fit. This is a TERRIBLE hotel and I would most definitely NOT recommend ever staying here even as a last resort!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

They have put some work into this location to update the rooms. We stayed in a room with one bed and when we first opened the door we thought that the room was nice looking. The lights, the tv, fridge, microwave all looked new and clean. The bathroom was ok once again it was updated with some modern furnishing. Though the wall had two different whit paints on it. So you can tell they did some patch work on the painted area. So the looks of the place was fine and looked modern. The outside of the place looks like something you would find in Florida and kind of has an upbeat feel to the place. Appearances of the place give this a good vibe.

Since we were at an event most of the evening and did not get back to our room until almost midnight we did not have time to notice that the room lacked some basic things. The room had no shampoo or Kleenexes, I also could not find a pen in the room to fill out the comment card to let them know that it lacked these basic things. The TV remote also did not work leaving me with no way to turn on the TV. Since it was after midnight by the time I figured this out I just lived without it. Though I did take the back off the remote and the battery compartment was full of corrosion so I doubt it worked for a long time. Since the TV is in an anti-theft box I could not just manually control the TV.

There did appear to be coffee in the lobby of the place as well as a bunch of vending machines.

Overall it still was decent stay just lacked some things that would make this place great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jason S - We apologize for the maintenance issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!