“Some rooms are better than others” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 to your Saves list
Motel 6
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1015 S Washburn, Oshkosh, WI 54904 (Formerly Oshkosh Lodge)   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Oshkosh
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Some rooms are better than others”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were in Oshkosh Wisconsin for a dog show and booked the Motel 6 because it was close to the show and pet friendly.

There was a decent amount of grass to walk dogs on outside the Motel 6. There is a Tilted Kilt restaurant right across the parking lot -- decent enough food, outfits a bit skimpy for the ladies working -- and a Perkins across the street. Easy access to several gas stations there too, and close to the highway.

This hotel had an outdoor pool, but it was not ready for summer use when we were there. No coffee or continental breakfast. Typical cable setup with HBO as the main premium player, but the sound and the lips of the people on the television were out of sync. There was free WiFi which is always appreciated. The phone in the room had been yanked out of the wall, guess they got tired of Tom Bodett making wake up calls. Common spaces were relatively clean and the hotel was fairly quiet given the number of long term residents, construction workers and dog show attendees that were there.

Our first room was renovated, but the floor was damaged and the pass through door to the neighboring room looked like it had been kicked off the hinges. We asked to be changed to a different room and the next room, although not renovated was suitable and close to the grassy spaces. The room was accessible as far as entryway and the bathroom, and even included a roll in shower. There was a kitchenette, but there would not have been enough space to fit through the table and the wall to get to the refrigerator or the sink.

The management was friendly and did their best to address our needs and concerns.

I will likely stay closer to the dog show venue on the next trip to Oshkosh.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tempe, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hotel itself is fine. The rooms have been redesigned recently, with new coats of paint, flatscreen TVs, and decently comfortable beds. Also, looked like a faux-hardwood flooring, so no carpeting. All that make it one of the nicer Motel 6's in which I've stayed. And it's also cheap...rate was $46/night when I stayed there. That said, the motel also offers a weekly rate, and so there's a lot of people there. My first night, a small group of people hung out just outside my room being way too loud at 1:30 in the morning. My door also didn't really shut very well, so there's a security issue with the doors opening up to the outside. If you can spend more, I'd advise it...there are several nicer options in Oshkosh that are worth your money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here for the packers game last weekend and have to say we were really surprised at how nice and clean the room is compared to the other motel 6 locations we've stayed at. Our room had a very European and modern minimalist type of feel to it and it was great for us because all we really needed was a place to lay our head.

Front desk was super nice when we asked for extra blankets/pillows and they don't have alarm clocks in the room but offered to give us a wake up call.

Would definitely stay here again next time we go to lambeau!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the bottom floor so you can park your car in front of the room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Marshalltown, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We attended Sunday night's Packers-Lions game in Green Bay and chose Oshkosh as our place to stay for the weekend, I had called Motel 6's reservation line and got the lady to give us a special price of $42.73/night including tax. Luckily I had printed out my reservation confirmation because that's not what the desk clerk was going to charge me. But she had no problems giving me the rate once I produced the confirmation. The room was kind of unique, it had a small table cantilevered off the wall with a diner style booth seat on one side and a chair on the other. The microwave & fridge were next to it. The flat screen TV was mounted in a housing on the wall at the end of the bed and at just the right height to watch while laying down. The bathroom had a glass-in shower stall (no tub) and was good sized. The sink was a unique design and extended 4-5" up out of the counter.The only negative I can think of was the water pressure. The bathroon faucet barely had any water coming out of it but the shower's flow was adequate I thought. The Tilted Kilt is right next door and we ate supper there Saturday night. The motel is conveniently located right off the 9th Street exit so it's easy off and easy on. I would recommend this motel to anyone who's on a budget and not interested in a place with a gym, indoor pool or other amenities you probably never use anyway!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I'm frequently in town and have stayed here probably more than 60 times. Twice i lost something and both times the owner went out of his way to make it right. Sure there is the occassional loud night person coming in but if you need a quiet room and arrive early enough you will get one.

Room Tip: Rooms near the office have better wi-fi while rooms on the opposite side are generally quiet. Need t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I was greeted warmly upon arrival. The lady at the front desk checked me in quickly and was very friendly and helpful.

My room was small and very modern looking. There was no carpeting on the floor, just plastic laminate made to look like hardwood flooring. The floor was a bit dirty--perhaps not mopped recently. I walked about barefoot and the bottoms of my feet got a bit dirty. The bed and the bathroom were both very clean. No complaints. There was only a shower--no bathtub.

The TV was a large, LCD. Nice picture. The bed was comfortable. The sheets fine. Not a bad deal for $40+tax per night. I recommend.

Room Tip: Book early for the best selection of rooms. No elevator, but two floors.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Elgin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

When we got to the room, it smelled very musty and moldy!! The service was absolutely horrible. We were staying at the hotel for 2 nights. The first night was fine and then the next day we were gone from 6 am until 8 p.m., when we got back to the room it had not been cleaned. There were no fresh towels or toilet paper. We went to the office to complain and the desk worker was obnoxious. We explained to her that our room wasn't cleaned and she mentioned that, because we have pets, they are not required to clean the room. She said that sometimes there is a communication problem with housekeeping. I told her that we were gone all day and there was no excuse. She was not interested in listening to what I had to say and the discussion was not very fruitful, so I told her that I would talk with the Manager in the am. Well, needless to say, the Manager didn't care either. I was also walking our dog and asked another person if their room was cleaned and she said "no". They need to get their act together!!!!

Room Tip: Stay Away!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6? Share your experiences!