“Unfortunate.” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1886 Rath Lane, Oshkosh, WI 54902   |
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Oshkosh
“Unfortunate.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

My previous stays at this location have been great. This time however I was checked into a room directly underneath an area of construction. I am a very reasonable person and put up with the pounding until about 7pm at which time I called the front desk to find out when that would end for the evening as I had an early morning. The young lady at the front desk said they normally end around 7:15 or 8 at the latest. I decided to wait since moving would be inconvenient. 8pm arrived along with a tremendous headache from the pounding. I walked down to the front desk and asked if there was another first floor room like mine I could move to and mentioned that I couldn't believe they would check someone into that situation. The young lady barely looked at me and said "I didn't check you in and we only have so many rooms available because of the construction." She informed me that the only room available was a different type of room. I asked if she could first find out when the crew would be done. She said she would check and call me. She called me a few minutes later and said they were done for the evening and I shouldn't hear anymore pounding. A few minutes later a very loud bang. Light pounding and noise were continued off and on until well beyond 9:30. Quiet after 10. The next morning I went to the front desk asking to be moved for my second night. Different person and was very empathetic and found a room just like my previous one on the first floor and I could move my stuff right away. Why wasn't that available to me the night before? As I began this review I have had otherwise great experiences at this property and will be back but perhaps some consideration and customer service awareness coaching would be helpful. Kudos to the front desk on the morning shift.

• Stayed April 2013

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Check-in and check-out was quick and simple. Staff at the front desk were very friendly. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The price and ease of the experience made our stay very worth while. Will stay here again the next time we visit Oshkosh.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This property used to be a Budgetel many years ago. While it has been updated cosmetically it still is an old building. We were unable to get a top floor so we experienced just how old the building is. The people above sounded as though they were going to come crashing down on us. Every movement they made caused creaking and cracking noises. The bathrooms are tiny. The place is clean however. The breakfast is ample but the breakfast room is very small, causing discomfort if there are more than a few groups in it. The restaurant next door is very good with reasonable prices and a good variety of food. The price was right, so we would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor is a must.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Extremely clean. The beds are some of the most comfortable I've experienced at at hotel. Decent breakfast, nice lobby. A little bummed that there is no pool or fitness center, like the La Quinta in Appleton. Have stayed here a few times and have experienced some wireless Internet and cable issues on and off. If you are GPS'ing your way there, make sure you use the Rath Lane address, and not the Omro Road address, otherwise you'll get turned around. Overall very good hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
juda, wi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

When traveling for business, I general perfer to stay at a Holiday Inn Express or La Quinta - though I will stay at Super 8 and AmericaInn if the prices are not favorable at either of those 2.

What I thought was a steal of a rate on a good hotel turned out to be an OK rate on a lower end chain. Not that I mind, if that is my expectation, but it wasn't expected.

I chose to stay at La Quinta while staying in Oshkosh this past weekend over the Holiday Inn Express because of price. It was without a doubt the POOREST La Qunita I have ever set foot in. It was at older structure Motel 6 standard.

On the plus side, the bed was new and comfortable, there was a fresh coat of paint and newer carpets. The breakfast was decent and included waffles. The staff were friendly and the room was clean. On the negative side, the fixtures, curtains and structure appeared to be an old Super 8 or similar. There was so much light coming from around the curtains that I spent 1/2 the night thinking it was morning and that I had over-slept. Paint was slopped on doors and trim, bath fixtures were clearly old and pulling away from the walls.

It was the kind of hotel I would expect for the $65 I paid. So I have no gripes there, and the place was clean. But the quality did not come close to measuring up to other La Quintas of my experience. I will think twice about choosing La Quinta in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

It was a very nice stay. All went well. Had a accendent and the maids in the morning took care of it and was very pleasant about it. It was very hard to find the right road to get to the motel. Highway was changed and nothing was put up like signs to find the motel. you could see it but no signs to it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Oshkosh? Share your experiences!