“Surprisingly Upscale” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Oshkosh
Winnetka, Illinois
“Surprisingly Upscale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Comfortable, spacious lobby with fireplace suggests hotel or lodge. Smartly uniformed and courteous staff. Very comfortable furnishings, good TV, micro/fridge. Bath/toilet room a little snug but very nicely remodeled and pristine. On check-out I suggested the room's carpet be cleaned or replaced. Staff said new carpeting to be installed next week. Read other reviews after my sudden unplanned journey and combined with my own experience it is clear that management is paying attention and making improvements. With new carpeting my room would have been perfect. Good, solid breakfast variety. I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you are a large person ask if they can accommodate you in a room with larger toilet/tub room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CaneHaulRoadie

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I just stayed at the AmericInn of Oshcosh WI. I have never written a hotel review before, but after my terrible experience I feel compelled to share so that other people don't have to go through the same disaster. I booked the hotel so that me and my partner could go to a thursday night football packers vs. bears game at lambeau in green bay. These football tickets were a birthday gift and were very expensive. To make the trip more special since she is a huge packers fan I got a jacuzzi suite for 4 days at AmericInn so that we could tour Lambeau as well and make a vacation of it. We drove 6 hours into the night and arrived around 3 am. I specifically chose this hotel on Priceline because it advertised pet friendly. When we arrived we were informed that we were not allowed to leave our pug in the room unattended, not even to use the facility swimming pool. We ended up having to wake up early and call all over central WI to find a boarder for our pug who had never been to a kennel. We paid $65 dollars to kennel him just so we could go to the game. The girl at the front desk was so rude about the whole situation and the next morning the manager was just as rude. Aside from the pet friendly being a total lie the facility was DISGUSTING! A wad of hair in the shower, used q tip on the floor in the hall, filthy nobs on the jacuzzi, molded bathroom floor tiles. The fridge in the room had alcohol in it from the previous guest because they didn't bother to clean out the fridge. We had already paid for our room through Priceline so we were stuck there because the hotel refused to refund our money. Please do not stay at this hotel. It is terrible.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Jackiegirl1
AmericInnOshkosh, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you kindly for taking the time out of your schedule to leave feedback about the AmericInn Lodge & Suites of Oshkosh, WI. We are pet friendly, which means we allow our guests to bring certain animals into our facility during travel. For safety and security reasons, animals can not be left unattended and I apologize for the misunderstanding. Management offered a full refund if alternate lodging was chosen.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We have investigated your concerns with your guest room and will take the appropriate stops to ensure that challenges you experienced do not happen again and I am pleased to let you know that are currently renovating, which includes new beds, bedding, light fixtures, painting, carpet and furniture, so I hope you will return in the near future to see we are improving to better serve our guests.

If I can be of assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me directly at (920) 232-0300. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to meet or exceed your expectations on your next visit to Oshkosh. We look forward to be of service to you.

Green Bay
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family has stayed at the AmericInn in Oshkosh for many years. Although the staff is usually quite friendly and the included continental breakfasts are what you'd expect, it has become very run down. The hotel needs a complete overhaul in our opinion. The carpeting is dingy and the rooms we've been given the past two stays were stale smelling and damp feeling. The last straw for us was the centipede on the floor in our room. Until they make the necessary updates, we won't be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank E O

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. We have investigated your concerns and will take the appropriate stops to ensure that challenges you experienced do not happen again and I am pleased to let you know that are currently renovating, which includes new beds, bedding, light fixtures, painting, carpet and furniture, so I hope you will return in the new future to see we are improving to better serve our guests.

Bettendorf, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Was in Oshkosh for USATF track meet. Have stayed at AmericInn's previously and have been very pleased. Not the case this time. Our room was unacceptable! It simply wasn't clean, which is a cardinal sin. The hotel was booked so I declined the room. The desk agent apologized and withdrew the charge from my credit card. Was able to find another room locally which was far nicer, cleaner and comfortable. I won't give up on AmericInn's, but this hotel did not meet my expectations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Martin K

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and I appreciate you bringing your concerns with your guest room to our attention. We have investigated your concerns and will take the appropriate stops to ensure that challenges you experienced do not happen again. I am glad the desk clerk working was accomodating and assisted getting you the lodging you deserved.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Our stay at the Oshkosh Americinn was less than stellar. Our hotel room was not clean & the front desk staff was pretty rude.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank GBtraveler04
Central Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

stayed here 2 nights on business trip - facility is located in a great area on the south side of Osh Kosh, easily accessible from interstate/highways - grounds were well-maintained and parking lot was well-lit - front desk staff very friendly and proudly supply a never-ending supply of chocolate-chip cookies - common areas were fine (clean, carpet not worn, good smell, well-lit but narrow hallways) - lobby is beautiful - NO ELEVATOR - NO FITNESS CENTER, although the safe neighborhoods around the area provide a great area to run/walk - pool area was clean with towels placed on every chair (didn't swim, so I don't know how warm the water was) - room was quiet, clean and tastefully decorated... furnishings not new, but in fine shape - flat-screen TV with HBO - comfortable bed, but thin blanket - GREAT WATER PRESSURE - breakfast was adequate (biscuits/gravy, yogurt, muffins, etc.) - free USA TODAY paper in lobby - free WI-FI - overall, great stay at great price

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CentILMatt

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and I appreciate the wonderful comments about the facility and staff. I am pleased to let you know that are currently renovating, which includes new beds, bedding, light fixtures, painting, carpet and furniture, so I hope you will return in the new future to see we are improving to better serve our guests.

oshkosh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I live here in Oshkosh and have been to a lot of the hotels in the area and can say this is one of the best ive been to. The staff is always wonderful, very clean rooms, and a good pool area. Im going to try a different hotel today for a change but i definately recommend you stay here.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank ryan b
AmericInnOshkosh, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Wow Ryan!

The best hotel in Oshkosh! Can't say thank you enough, and to think we are fully remodeled since you posted this, so we'd love to have you back so you can see our new look - same great service with a new face. New carpet, paint, beds, bedding and furnishings.

We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of service for our guests and I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

We look forward to serving you again in the future and will once again say, “Welcome to the end of the day”.

Kelly D. Booth
1495 W. South Park Ave | Oshkosh, WI 54902
P 920.232.0300 | F 920.232.0669
kbooth@whgco.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oshkosh
Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh
Comfort Suites Oshkosh
Comfort Suites Oshkosh
#8 of 12 in Oshkosh
4.5 of 5 stars 77 reviews

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Oshkosh? Share your experiences!