“In town for funeral” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Oshkosh
Stafford, VA, United States
“In town for funeral”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Friendly staff, good morning coffee, clean rooms. Out of town family in town for funeral. Free internet. Business Center prints documents for free. Hotel looks good/in good condition. I slept well. My wife said her back hurt.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Spring Hill, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at this property five nights and have no complaints. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms and common areas were nice and clean. Clearly this hotel isn't being allowed to go down hill. Being that my company was "company of the week", we were treated to a little gift bag full of candy and an extra bottle of water as well as a coupon for the snack area. I will be staying here whenever I visit the Fox Cities in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the south end of the hotel to avoid the street noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your response. We're glad to here that you enjoyed your stay with us in Oshkosh!
Racine, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is nice in regards to the amenities and the hotel itself. The staff is very friendly and has recommendations for the area. The only problem that we ran into were the beds. They say they are adjustable to comfort but they did not work. The beds felt like we were sleeping on a slate table. Hard as a rock!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We are very sorry for the fact that you did not have a comfortable stay. Be assured that we are sharing your concerns with all appropriate management so that corrective measures are taken. I'm glad to here that the rest of your experience was positive and we hope that this does not affect your decision to choose Hilton Garden Inn again in the future.
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Garden inn Oshkosh Easter night. We drove up from O'Hare after my wife's return from England. Although our night was short after a midnight arrival, we were pleased with the warm welcome, clean room and great bed. The Breakfast Buffet was great as well. I love bacon and there was plenty of it. Hilton Gardens has been our hotel of choice now for several years and our recent experience in Oshkosh is why.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We're so glad to here of your positive experience! Thank you for sharing, and for choosing Hilton Garden Inn!
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn have earned much of my loyalty over the past few years. I expect a lot and almost always get it. When I arrrived at the HGI in Oshdosh, they had my requested room ready. I always ask for first floor, end of hall. When I got to the exterior door, I found that the lock was not functioning. I went back to the desk to report the problem and befor I was able to get back to the door, a maintainance man was there addressing it. The door was functional for every cigar I wanted to enjoy. The front staff was completely welcoming and the breakfast was excellent. The room was spotless. This is why I trust Hilton Garden Inns.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your response. I'm glad that the problem was promptly addressed. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
Tinley Park, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for a local trade show. Room was clean, but the hair dryer did not work when I arrived. A call to the front desk got it replaced quickly. The attached bar/restaurant was nice and the food tasty. The only downside is they don't offer free breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share. I apologize for the hair dryer trouble and I'm glad to hear it was replaced promptly. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to see you back soon!
Hudson, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed here before and have always been pleased. There was a special event going on which didn't interfere with our stay at all, our room was quiet. Our only complaint is that the breakfast is not free like most other places.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your kind comments! We do prefer to offer our guests a choice when it comes to breakfast. Should you choose to partake, we feel there is great value in the full buffet including many made to order items. Thanks again for staying with us!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh? Share your experiences!