“Noise, noise, noise” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Oshkosh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Noise, noise, noise”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We are into our third room in 45 minutes. The rooms were fine(clean) and the front desk clerk was helpful and friendly. The amount of noise that is able to travel through this hotel is RIDICULOUS! In our first two rooms, neighbors on either sides were having normal volume conversations which I could completely hear. I didn't feel a need for them to be confronted on noise since they weren't making much noise. The walls and doors in this hotel are just crap; paper thin. Right now, there is someone across the hall, two doors down IN their room and I can hear them in my room with both our doors shut. I can hear when all of the people around me turn on/off water, walk and shut doors. I could probably hear them breath if I listened close enough! I definitely DO NOT recommended this hotel even if you are a medium sleeper unless you can make sure there is no one in all of the surrounding rooms....good luck with that!

• Stayed November 2012
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I’m so sorry you experienced some noise issues during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant. We hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in the area. We are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The hotel is a larger property for a Hilton Garden. The rooms are a good size too. The hotel borders the airport so viewing the airport from the hotel is no problem. The staff is excellent; from the front desk, to the bar, to breakfast. The hotel bar is very large for a Hilton Garden and has a good selection. My only complaint is the exercise room is the same size as the smaller properties making it hard to use since it is way too small for the size of the property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. We continue to do our best to maximize the functionality of our fitness center by providing equipment to cover a broad range of exercise without cluttering the limited space. Any suggestions that you may have would be welcome at michael.glass2@hilton.com.

We hope to see you back again soon!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had read reviews of this hotel before picking it to stay at, and I have to say that I was surprised that all the reviews weren't perfect. We have stayed at many Hilton Gardens (Appleton, Wi. and Buffalo, NY. to name a few), and we have always really enjoyed them. They had fresh cookies to offer us as we checked in, our room was ready and very clean. The beds were super comfortable and the room smelled great.
When I mentioned to the desk personnel that we were wondering about directions to a restaurant where we were meeting my sister, she asked where it was and handed me directions already printed out. She said they like to keep directions to the top restaurants in town handy for their residents. When we returned from dinner we used the pool and hot tub which is open all the time. It was immaculate and had clean towels on the back of each chair at the many tables in the pool area. We also used it in the morning after getting a cup of free coffee that they had ready in the lobby. Very nice hotel. Would be happy to go here again!

Room Tip: We had a nice quiet room right on the ground floor and down the hall from the pool which was very co...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for sharing! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed here during the EAA AirVenture and this was a fabulous place to stay. There was plentiful parking and the shuttle service to AirVenture and back was convenient once it got over a few hiccups on Monday. My room was on the first floor (no view of the airport but that was okay). The room was spacious, clean, quiet, and very comfortable. My bed was comfortable, too. Breakfast was fine. As busy as the hotel was, I was very surprised that it didn't take longer for breakfast, but the staff was wonderful and able to accommodate everyone. All of the staff that I encountered were wonderful...very upbeat and positive, especially with all of the people.
In the future, I will stay here, especially if I'm in town for the EAA AirVenture! Convenience is everything!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! AirVenture was a great event and it was our pleasure to host so many wonderful people. We hope to see you again soon!
Lawton, Mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The stay was basically pretty good but two days after we checked out a $40.00 charge showed up on our credit card. After calling Matt he explained that it was a retainer for anything that we may have charged. Oddly enough when we checked out the day before we were told all was fine and we were all squared up. That was over two weeks ago after several unreturned phone calls to the manager who cant seem to understand why the charges were applied in the first place. A true insult as we have been Hampton/Hilton members for over twelve years. Scam of some sort?

Room Tip: Lobby under construction.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges incurred from your recent stay. I’m sorry if the charges were not clear when you checked out and could be inaccurate or a misunderstanding. Please contact me directly so we can rectify this. I look forward to speaking with you and apologize for the inconvenience.

Michael Glass
920.966.1300
michael.glass2@hilton.com
Boerne, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for the EAA Airventure and the AYA Convention and couldn't have asked for a better place. The staff in particular were exceptional - friendly, helpful, and accommodating at all times. The hotel and our room was spotless and any time we needed anything, the staff was very willing to take care of the request. Kudos to Chris at the front desk - he volunteered to take me and a friend around town in the hotel van - thanks so much! We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Michael G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! The HGI Oshkosh team truely enjoyed the AirVenture and AYA events. They were full of excitement and great people! I will be sure to pass this on to Kris at the front desk, and to the rest of our team. We hope to see you again soon!
Simi Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed here after AirVenture for our own type club convention. The rooms are very roomy and we overlooked the airport and hotel plane parking ramp. Our club had many taxiing and parking type events which took place on the hotel parking ramp. They have a very nice overhead patio with tables and chairs which overlooks this area so it was very 'civilized' to sit and enjoy the activities in the shade. Bars were good as was the restaurant.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms overlook the airport. Ask for one of these.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response! The event was great and we hope to host it again in the future. We are very excited about the new menu in our restaurant and I'm glad you enjoyed it. The HGI Oshkosh is very fortunate to have the views mentioned, and our wonderful observation deck! Thanks again for your kind comments and we hope to see you back soon!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh? Share your experiences!