“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Oshkosh
Lowell, IN
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This was a very nice hotel. I probably would have given it 5 stars except our room was so hot it was unbearable. We turned the cooler on full blast but it didn't help at all. We finally opened the window and that helped some (this was in January, when the temperature was in the teens), but it was still hot in the room. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. They serve a pretty good hot breakfast. It is in a good location and the pool and fitness rooms are small but nice. It looks like it was newly renovated. I would stay again but I would hope the room would be a better temperature.

• Stayed January 2013

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice hotel with great service. The location is surrounded by a lot of good shopping and dining options and close to major expressways. All the rooms are newly renovated and nicely appointed with modern decor. The only associate I encountered was Judy, but she was she fantastic. She exemplified outstanding customer service and seemed to wear many hats around the hotel. She checked us in, was delivering roll away beds, and even offered to get us ice when she instinctively saw my sons and I confused on where the ice machine was. I will definitely stay here again due to this amazing customer service.

• Stayed November 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I booked the hotel on Priceline, when I arrived I noticed the entire place was under construction. It was a mess and the front desk was actually in a room. When I entered into the room to get my key they asked for our credit card in case anything were to happen to the room, which later I find out that there is money taken out of my account and wont be put back in for 7-10 days. Then I get up to my room and notice that I didn't see a pool, I called down and I come to find out their pool was under construction! My boys were all about going to the pool. A suggestion to you would be to call all guests that book through third parties so they are aware of what is going on and give them the option to stay at another hotel if they would like. I also went down the next morning to eat breakfast with my kids and husband and noticed that it was in a little bedroom and when I walked in the windows were all open and there was a huge mess from the wind. I was disgusted so we went out to breakfast. So the free breakfast and the pool did not happen at this hotel. I am pretty sure that this hotel will be nice when finished, but there should be a better layout or a better organization. This was a bad stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you Amber for your posting in TripAdvisor. I understand how frustrating it must have been to see the hotel under renovation especially when traveling with young children. I'm personally inviting you and your family back to experience our hotel with its fresh new look, inside and out. I can see the unfortunate impression we made on you and would like the opportunity to change that.
Thank you again Amber and I look forward to hearing from you.

Patricia Anderson
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stay here (not during the air show) on our way to somewhere else. But I go through Oshkosh on occasion and have stayed in the past as well.

I am a diehard Marriott guy so I know what I get when I stay at a Fairfield. Good room, decent bed, good breakfast and a fair price.

Same here. The ONLY drawback right now to this hotel is the work being done. When it is finished. This will continue to be my Oshkosh stop. Happily.

Room Tip: I am sure they take care of it, but stay off the remodeling floors.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Green Bay, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed the last Saturday in August and had a nice time. There is renovation going on which is messy but we got a newly remodled room which had an urban feel. Judy the clerk was super! We forgot toothpaste and she gave us samples...even took my picture with my daughter :)

• Stayed August 2012
Shreveport, LA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were grossly over-charged for a mediocre Fairfield Inn stay due to AirAdventure 2012 last month. When we arrived in Oshkosh, on our way to Door County, WI, little did we know we would be greeted with a $249.99 room charge. Believe me, there is no way that this hotel warrants such an exorbitant charge. On top of that, there was no hot water and the bathtub drain was completely plugged leading me to wonder how the maid cleans the tub.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Patti A, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Oshkosh, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment regarding your recent stay with us at the Oshkosh, WI Fairfield Inn by Marriott. Guest comments, whether positive or negative, are essential to the growth of our hotel and its team. During special events, such as EAA AirVenture, rates typically increase due to a high demand for lodging. We work very hard to monitor rates and stay competitive in our market while still offering value for your money.

My apologies for your experience with our hot water. We did inform all of our guests of the issue and our Guest Service Representative did discount the room. However, I understand your frustrations and I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying with us.

We hope with our continued efforts to improve the quality of stay for our guests, you will give the Oshkosh Fairfield Inn another try next time you stay in the area.
Morristown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here for Airventure 2012. Front desk clerk greeted us by name and checked us in quickly. Our room was clean and very comfortable. The entire staff was very attentive and accommodating during this very busy week. They provided restaurant suggestions, driving directions, and went out of their way to make us comfortable. Nice choices for breakfast, too. We have stayed here many times and always look forward to our visit. The staff here is truly outstanding! We are excited to see the renovations next year when we return!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Oshkosh? Share your experiences!