“Always a pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Oshkosh
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stay at this location about 5 times a year. I always have a wonderful stay. Quiet rooms, polite staff. Never a disapointment. I would recommend Holiday Inn Oshkosh to anyone looking for a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for staying with us! We appreciate you taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor survey! The staff has been informed of your wonderful comments and they are always happy to help. We hope that you will continue to stay with us again in the future.

Thank you!

Kevin Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here after the Packers vs. Saints game! Our room was beautiful and clean! I don't recommend the breakfast though. It was awful, there is a McDonalds next door, go there! But everything else was wonderful!

• Stayed September 2012
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Hi!

We appreciate your recent stay with us for the Packer Game! What an interesting game. I am Kevin Johnson General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh. I have shared your comments with the staff and they are so pleased to hear you comments. I see that you did not enjoy breakfast. It was not specific the issues you had with breakfast, but I hope you will join us again for a second shot to please you and your family in the future!

Fort Lee, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I thought hotel was great until after first night! Room was ok. Tv did not have a channel guide so I never knew what was coming on at certain times. The chair and floors had lots of stains and spa tub had a crack and only 2 jets worked. Also was a gaint black trim of mold in shower after I had them clean it my room stunk like chemicals and vinger for a day ewww. The staff was great and cinnamon rolls at breakfest was awesome. Also one tiny dryer and washer for the entire hotel what a JOKE.

Hello,

Thank you for staying with us. Also, thank you for completing a TripAdvisor Survey. I am Kevin Johnson, the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh. I read in your survey that you had some issues during your stay. On the survey it does not exactly state the date you stayed with us but we have since done some deep cleanings to our rooms to assure guest satisfaction. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future. If you would like to discuss your issues in more detail feel free to contact me at anytime.

Thank you!

New Lenox, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I spent one night and had no problems, sevice was good. Instead of a Waffle maker for breakfast they have the pancake maker which is not as good. I did not use the pool or spa so cannot give a comment on that. Hotel and room were very clean. Minimal sound at night. Tempurture of room was consistanly comfortable. Location ok.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor Survey! I am Kevin Johnson, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh. We appreciate your recent stay with us and glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay. Please come back to see us again in the future!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had such high hopes for this hotel. When we arrived the welcome from the front desk was warm and friendly and the lobby area seemed impressive. I was looking forward to staying.

Firstly we encountered the ancient elevator. Not only was it slow and creaking but there was an unpleasant odor and the carpet looked filthy.

Our room was large but seemed lacking in furniture. Where I suspect there should have been an armchair we had a dining chair to sit on - most uncomfortable.

We didn't do much sitting though as, even with the 3 table lamps and 1 floor lamp illuminated, the room was dark and dingy.It wasn't worth getting eye strain trying to read in this place.
The TV reception was appalling and the channel frequently broke up or the sound disappeared. It was impossible to watch anything.

With reading out of the question and the TV not up to par I thought I would use my laptop. Over a 3 day stay I had less than an hours internet connectivity. Upon talking to other guests this is a well known problem at the hotel.

Whilst the above were profoundly irritating the final straw for me was housekeeping - or lack of it. On our second day we found we had been left 2 face towels - no hand towels and no bath towels whatsoever. Our housekeeper also didn't feel like replacing the pillows on the bed so each day we retrieved them from the floor and replaced them ourselves.
In fact, each day I remade the bed as it was so badly done. I bitterly regret not taking photographs to post here. It really was incredible that anyone could consider it acceptable.

It's such a shame that the front desk staff are so badly let down by the hotel facilities and housekeeping staff. The weekend breakfast staff were pleasant although unable to get the pancake maker to work on either day however the staff member on the Monday morning wasn't up for being engaging or friendly.

Not an experience I will be looking to repeat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Hello,

I am Kevin Johnson, General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh. I thank you for completing a TripAdvisor survey. It is good to know how we are doing for each guest experience. I have have read your comments and shared your comments with all of the staff in the hotel. The staff as well as I want to extend a sincere apology for the issues you felt you endured during your stay with us. If at all possible can you please contact the hotel directly and ask for the General Manager, I would like to talk to you further about the details of your stay.

We try to achieve a level of customer service the leaves a great impression for our guests. Again, I do apologize for the issues you endured and hope that you will give our hotel another chance for you to enjoy your stay with us.

Platteville, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had 3 double queen suites with our group. They were huge rooms. We could have put 3 rollaway beds in there if we had to. Each suite had fridge, microwave, pullout couch with nice mattresses. The bathrooms were very large as well. Of course, Holiday Inn Express breakfasts are great, especially the hot cinnamon rolls. We had the pool and hot tub all to ourselves. The pool temp was like bath water! Wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpressOsh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh-SR 41, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Hello,

I am the General Manager of the Holiday Inn Express Oshkosh. Kevin Johnson. We thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Survey! Our rooms are very spacious and we are so glad to hear you enjoyed the size of our suites. Also, your comments on our hotel amenities in the rooms, breakfast and the pool area mean a great deal to us because you were able to relax and use what we had to offer!

We hope that you will stay with us again in the future. We will have the cinnamon rolls waiting for you!

Thanks again,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel is amazing I enjoyed myself from start to finish. My family and I went for a mini vacation to try and get away from Milwaukee and I can truly say it felt like home. The rooms were nice, clean and smelled very fresh. The workers were so accommodating and I could really sense they cared about my family and me. While staying at the holiday inn express in Oshkosh I could tell the customers was the number one concern. The workers where nice to us as well as management. The hotel was quiet and comfortable I had no problem sleeping what so ever. I was awaking from the strong aroma of a hot breakfast. I didn’t know we would be having a hot served breakfast therefore I was just more pleased than ever. I had some pancakes with eggs and also some yogurt. This was the best breakfast ever those cooks sure did know what they were doing. Excellent is an understatement; overall I couldn’t help but to give this hotel a phenomenal review it was an amazing experience and I have to recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: all rooms are good rooms.