“Beautiful hotel and view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center

You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 N. Main Street, Oshkosh, WI 54901 (Formerly Oshkosh Premier Waterfront Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Oshkosh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rhinelander, United States
“Beautiful hotel and view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel has very nice rooms and the view on the bay side is beautiful. It is close to a park and within close walking distance for eatting, entertainment, and shopping. The Ground Round Restaurant located in the hotel has good food and the patio area is especially nice on a summer day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
MADISON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Excellent service, had a beautiful corner suite overlooking river, nice amenities. Totally gutted and started over so has that "New Hotel" feel/smell. Right downtown Oshkosh so easy walk to shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: corner suites are nice--have a great view and fireplace in the bedroom
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The hotel was just great. It was very clean, the restaurant had a great breakfast and we were given vouchers for breakfast. It was a very pleasant experience all around. The convention center was a very nice area for the wedding reception we attended and very easy to get to from our hotel room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Reeseville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a Pastors Conference May 5-7 of 2014. While we enjoyed the stay and found everything to be our liking, upon returning home and receiving our credit card statement a few weeks after our stay, we discovered the hotel charged us $45 in addition to the room cost we had paid when we checked out. Upon inquiring with the hotel staff, I discovered we were being charged $45 because the housekeeping staff reported that we took three of the pillows from the room and left three of our own pillows behind. They said we took their pillows out of the pillow cases and put our three pillows in their pillow cases. This is absolutely not true as we brought two of our own pillows from home and returned home with the same two pillows. The front desk staff said they would have the head of housekeeping call me to have the charge removed. I never got that call. When I called four days later and spoke to the head of housekeeping, I was told that she could not be of any assistance in the matter, and I would have to contact the hotel manager. I did that, only to find that he was out of his office and will call me back. I am appalled that this hotel made the accusation and then charged us for their pillows without ever contacting us at the time they say they discovered the "switch," but simply letting us find out about it when our credit card statement came in the mail. What a horrible way to do business--and what an equally horrible way to treat a guest of the hotel. I will never be staying at this hotel again, nor will I recommend it to anyone else. I will also advise our church conference planning committee to no longer consider this location for a conference site in the future.

Room Tip: Be sure to document what you bring into the room and what you take out of the room. Take a photo of...
Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Daniel S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Donald S

Thank you for the time you took to share your comments about your stay. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and that everything was to your liking. Our goal is to earn your loyalty as a return customer and I am sorry the circumstances regarding the missing pillows left a negative impression of the hotel and my team. Please accept my personal apology for the delayed follow-up from a member of my management team resulting in your added disappointment.

I regret the day you contacted my office I happened to be scheduled “off”. However, I contacted you by phone the following day where you and I conversed about the details of this incident and I resolved the matter to your satisfaction.

As we discussed, like any hotel, we serve many different guests over the course of a year. The majority of our customers are respectful of the hotel property, staff and other guests who are staying in the hotel. At the same time, we have the rare occasion of guests who stay with us who, in fact, damage items in the guestrooms, remove items from the rooms or, through noise or language, may be disrespectful to other guests during their stay. When there is significant damage or theft, we see this more than simply a cost of doing business and do work to recover damages. Factually, there were three hotel pillows taken from the guestroom. Older, substandard, worn pillows were found inside the pillow protector and pillow case that were exchanged by a prior guest. I took into account that housekeeping could have been in error by a day and that the guest who stayed in the room prior to you may have been the guest who made the pillow swap. Though I surely understand your disappointment, I took into account your explanation and your occupation and credited you for the charge. In your profession, I’m sure you understand that all guests may not be 100% honest with us. We take the facts we discover into account when we make our decisions on how to proceed with difficult circumstances.

I regret this incident caused you to rate your hotel experience as less than satisfactory. We truly work to be proactive for the comfort and satisfaction of our guests. There is nothing for us to gain if we don’t work toward that goal. I hope my explanation gives a bit more insight into how and why we handle these situations in the way we do. Again, I am very sorry for your disappointment. I hope by addressing your comments I can improve your faith in us and the Best Western brand.

Respectfully,
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We traveled to Oshkosh and stayed in this lovely hotel for a family wedding in which the reception was being held. It is located right on the river to Lake Winnebago just yards away. We were fortunate enough to have a river/lake view from our beautiful room. It appeared to be recently updated and was very comfortable. It had all the amenities you could need (micro/frig, etc.) and if you ran out of anything the staff was quick to replace it. We were hot with the new type 'bed coverings' all hotels seem to use now and our housekeeper on our floor quickly brought us just regular blankets, which proved to be much more comfortable. It is close to old downtown and many good restaurants. Our room was very quiet and beautifully decorated. The facilities for the wedding were excellent and the staff was ever helpful in our needs. We will definitely stay at this hotel again if we are ever in the area.

Room Tip: Try for a room with a view to the river/lake on the upper floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited this beautiful hotel while attending a wedding recently. The hotel has recently had a massive makeover, and they didn't miss much. The room was spotless and spacious, the staff was welcoming, and the location was lovely. The weakest link was the restaurant. I would choose to eat elsewhere next time.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Stephens City, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel! The rooms are gorgeous, the staff is very helpful, and the restaurant is great. I highly recommend this hotel.In my opinion this is the best hotel in Oshkosh. The location is great for exploring the downtown area and for a pleasant river walk. My room featured a river view which was beautiful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!