“Best hotel in Oshkosh” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 N. Main Street, Oshkosh, WI 54901 (Formerly Oshkosh Premier Waterfront Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Oshkosh
Sussex, Wisconsin
“Best hotel in Oshkosh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here for one night and was very impressed with the renovation. We had a king room and it had everything you could want, plenty of seating, great bed, a great coffee bar with refrigerator, micowave and safe. Plenty of towels and not paper thin. They did a nice job with lighting and all the lamps have plugs in them. The decor was really nice, great soothing colors. We felt we didn't have to go any where else it has it all, pool, bar, great restaurant with seating inside or outside on the water. The staff were great. In the lobby area it has a great business room, plenty of computers hooked right up to your own printer. To say the least we were very impressed with everything, this is something that Oshkosh needed and Best Western Premier really did it up right!

Room Tip: Try not to get on the street, it tends to be a little noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Abby T, Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
We are very glad you found the new renovation fantastic! Oshkosh definently needed this trasformation and it's great to know that guests agree. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and we appreciate you sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I celebrated a special anniversary in June and I surprised her with a special suite and package at a local hotel- the Best Western Premier. While it might seem a bit odd to do this in our own town, we had a function in the area to attend the next day so I didn’t want to have to drive too far and, frankly, I was curious about the recent renovations at the Best Western Premier.

Well, everything was superb! The check-in process went well. The only very minor glitch was we had a sweet champagne in our basket [the special package we had purchased] but we were able to have it exchanged for a dry Pinot Grigio wine that we preferred. The two-room suite was quite large and had great views of the Fox River from both rooms. The in-room whirlpool tub was great and everything worked well. The 42 inch TV was very nice, the bathroom was great [I wish there had been a few more hooks to use, but I have that problem at just about every hotel I stay at]. The bed, pillows, and bedding were very comfortable and we both slept very well that night.

Our “Romantic Escape” package was very nice- the wine, a box of assorted chocolates from the local Hughes Chocolate store [I’ve also reviewed it in Trip Advisor], a bottle of massage lotion and another of men’s bath wash, and a bag of caramel corn from another local company- Caramel Crisp & Café. I thought it was a very nice touch to have local businesses included in the package.

We enjoyed a drink at the outside bar right on the dock [OK, I had two] and really enjoyed watching all the boating activity. This was also during their Happy Hour and the drinks were only $2.50 each.

We had dinner that night at another local restaurant but had breakfast at the hotel the next morning. We had the buffet that came with the package and everything was quite good- several hot dishes including a nice egg dish that was very good, hot ham, potatoes, hot cereal and several other things- all very good. There was also cereal, fruit, pastries, etc.

I was MOST impressed when the manager asked me to review our stay on Trip Advisor- and was happy to report I would do so- and that I was a frequent contributor to Trip Advisor.

This was not an inexpensive package but I had checked a few other places and felt that the price was in line with the other packages available in the area. You can check their website for further details. I thought it was a “good value” and recommend staying at the Best Western Premier Waterfront Hotel!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and on a corner so we had a view both to the west and to the south. Very ni...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Abby T, Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We appreciate the time you took to write a very thourogh review, the description you gave of the hotel and how your stay went. It was a pleasure having you stay with us especially on such an important event. We are thrilled that you loved the hotel and being a local guest, you know how important the success of this facility is to the town. The renovation/rebuild project was definently needed and we are pleased that guests love the hotel. Thank you for your input and we appeciate your feedback.
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding last weekend. Check in was very smooth. I got my room right away. This hotel switched owners and had a huge renovation. The room was very modern and clean. It came with the usual amenities, and also had a small microwave and refrigerator and a safe. The bed was comfortable, although the pillows were a little puffy for my taste (which I say in every review). The bedside lamp had plugs in it for plugging in my phone, which is great. Nothing is more annoying having to plug in your phone across the room. The closet doors were full length mirrors, so that was a plus, too. As for noise, the doors seem paper thin, as you can hear actual conversations in the hallway, but I suppose that is normal. I don't recall hearing anything specifically through the walls on either side of my room, nor above me.

The bathroom was spacious, and the lighting was great for putting on make up. There was even a adjustable make up mirror attached to the wall. I did not use the hair dryer, as I brought my own, so I do not know the quality of theirs. The water pressure was great in both the sink and shower, and hot water came right away. The shower head was adjustable for the type of spray of water, which was excellent. The towels were more plush than the average hotel towels, but weren't as plush as a 5* hotel. Still good.

The bar had great happy hours during the day and late night. They had complimentary popcorn, as well. I did not eat dinner there, though. Breakfast in the morning was set up nicely, and the dining area was clean with plenty of staff around. I suppose there was plenty to eat, including hot items, but they were pretty institutional, rather than fresh. I lucked out that the chef happened to be standing by the hot items, and was able to tell me which items were gluten free.

When I was ready to go to the wedding, I wanted to take the shuttle (advertised on the website) to the wedding site, rather than drive, and was told there is no shuttle. Front desk tried to call a cab from 2 different companies, but there was a 30 minute wait for both, and I needed to get to the wedding in 15 minutes. Abbey (I think her name is - She seemed like the manager) tried to get maintenance to take me, but nobody was available, so she took me in her own car. I thought that was awesome. Had she not been there to come up with a solution/alternative, the other two girls would have done nothing to rectify the situation. I was very impressed, and it made the whole stay worth while.

The only reason I gave this 4 * was for the breakfast. But would totally come back for everything else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Abby T, Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a through review of the hotel! It is greatly appreciated. Our goal is to make every guest as happy with their stay as we possible can. Going above and beyond for a guest when possible is part of what makes guests want to stay with us again. We are glad that we were able to meet all of your needs and appreciate your input. Thank you for letting us know your feelings on breakfast and we will revisit our foods and see what works best for the hotel. Thank you again for the time you took to write and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is beautiful. I was so impressed with the pillows that I bought one! Beds and bedding heavenly. But the best part are the employees (including the shuttle driver!) I was so impressed when I called to make my reservation and my amazement continued during our stay. I wish I would have gotten the names of the girls at the front desk. They are superior.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Abby T, Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff to be friendly, courteous and helpful. Our goal is to make people feel comfortable and at home, enjoying their stay, and wanting to return at a future date.
We look forward to seeing you again and appeciate your time. Its always great to hear from our guests and to know that they enjoyed their stay.
Silverlake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was our best stop during an eight day trip through mid-west. We had a corner river view king. The room was very comfortable with windows overlooking the river running the whole length of the room.
Restaurant and room service were above average and reasonably priced.
Pool and hot tub were a treat
We will definitely return.

Room Tip: River view is worthwhile
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Abby T, Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
You have made our day, taking the time to write your review about our property. We are thrilled that we were your best stop on your eight day trip through the Midwest! We strive to bring our guest the very best in service and product. Thank you for letting us know we provided both of those things to you, during your stay. It's extremely important to us how guests are accomidated and that they feel comfortable and at home with us. Thank you again for your input and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Fairborn, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from May 16-18, 2013. The accommodations were fantastic. They had just remodeled this location and it is beautiful. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The hotel staff provided me with excellent customer service. The quality of the food was outstanding. I cannot say enough about this hotel and its excellent customer service.

Room Tip: I had a corner room that overlooked the water and it was very quiet. It was at the end of the hallw...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay. Traveling from out of state and finding a comfortable place to stay at the end of your journey is extremely important. We are glad that you found that excellent customer service and nice hotel with us. We appreciate your input and look forward to a possible future visit from you.
Manteca, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Rooms were well designed and excellently maintained. If you go to Oshkosh, it is the place to stay. Great views of the Fox River and Lake Winnebago. If you like to fish, make this your home base. If you are having a meeting, have it here. The rooms were first class and well appointed. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and knowlegable. I enjoyed my stay very much. If I am ever in the area again, I will stay here.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a review. The rebuild of this hotel turned out fantastic and its great to know that guests feel the same way. Being near the water has made the hotel not only a great place for boaters and fisherme but its also provides fantastic views from out guestrooms. Your review, letting us know these particular amenities matter is perfect. We are thrilled that your visit was a success and that you had a great stay. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Waterfront Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!