“Great place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Osceola B&B and Inns
Andover mn
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Was a very clean place the staff was super friendly and accommodating. The kids swam and had a great time. Pool wasn't huge but good enough. They brought out swim sticks/rings for the kids and had extra goggles. Breakfast was fine, enough to fill your stomach. Would stay here again. Just may need a little updating but I'm not picky. All I care about is a nice clean place and it was.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
silver spring md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I stopped at a nearby Holiday Inn, but it was booked. River Valley Inn was recommended so we proceeded there and got a room. Ours was a large king room and was very comfortable. There was a large TV, coffee maker, sofa, desk, but no hair dryer, shampoo/conditioner, or laundry bags. The room was clean and the complimentary Continental breakfast was presented well and was satisfactory. We would stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Montgomery, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was my second stay and again everything was fine. No problems, room was clean and comfortable. It's very convenient for my needs. Staff was nice and breakfast was good. There are not a lot of options in the area, there is a Holiday Inn in the next town or two up but it's quite expensive and not nearly as convenient for me. Price and location are great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Antioch, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We stay at this hotel several times a year when visiting family in the area. Sometimes the staff is nice, other times downright rude. This hotel needs updating fast. The beds and pillows are hard, the towels tiny and very scratchy, both our rooms had broken toilet seats, and there are no hair dryers or irons in the room. On the plus side: new flatscreen tvs, refrigerators in the rooms, and the rooms and hotel are very clean. We pay around $89 a night - which is a budget price, but not budget enough for this hotel. I'm thinking $49-50 would be more in line with the quality of the rooms.

There are not a lot of options in this area, they could charge more if they upgraded the rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Elk Grove, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend get away and thought this small town would be great. Hotel was very clean and had a great home style feeling. My room was very large for a small hotel, flat screen tvs were great. Staff was exceptionally friendly, owned and operated by husband and wife with two kids. I was looking for an area to sight see this beautiful landscape, the owner Barbara reccomended interstate park on the minnesota side of the river. It was about a 20 min ride to the park. Bring your hiking shoes cause its a great off the trail park. I spent 2 hrs hiking the trails and enjoying the beautiful scenery. I wish my stay could have lasted longer but I will be back for sure.

• Stayed August 2011
Montgomery, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Ok I read the reviews. I stayed here to visit my friend and his family in Osceola. There are not many options in this part of the state. I had absolutely no problems during my 4 days here. The staff was very nice. The place is owned and operated by a family (mom, dad and two kids) who moved from Chicago and live on site. Mom and Dad are from Europe originally so if you think you are going to party at the bar across the way then make noise at 11PM or trash the pool, you have another thing coming. If you want a nice place to stay which is quite, this is the place. I suspect that was the issue with the "wedding party" that had trouble here if you read the other reviews.. They just installed flat panel TV's in the rooms and are working on upgrades to the mattresses. My room was clean and neat. The lobby and breakfast areas,likewise. I did not use the pool or hot tub during my stay so no comment there. Housekeeping was good and again, I had absolutely no issues. I did arrive early and asked if I could check in and could not, but the posted check in time is 3PM not Noon. I did not see a computer in the lobby, which is not unusual as most people come into town by car, very few air travelers but that would be a nice upgrade although they will print things for you at the front desk. Super stay and I will definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

Simply put...horrible customer service,unprofessional staff and a unclean hotel. You are better off camping somewhere in the area rather than paying to stay at this joke of a hotel

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Osceola River Valley Inn? Share your experiences!