You added Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse to your Saves list
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3060 S Kinney Coulee Rd, Onalaska, WI 54650 (Formerly Stoney Creek Inn - La Crosse)   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Onalaska
Certificate of Excellence 2014
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We have stayed in Room 255, the whirlpool suite on several occasions for special occasions; birthdays, anniversaries. It is a very nice room with a jacuzzi and balcony overlooking the marsh, which is a gorgeous view. The king size bed is extremely comfortable and furnished with 5 large pillows.

I was disappointed to find large make up stains on the duvet, which was really the only "warm" blanket on the bed. I understand they do not wash the bedspreads daily, but the top "bedspreads" were very light covers and the duvet was the heaviest blanket on the bed.

Also, the jacuzzi jets were extremely weak and it may need servicing. It was nice for a relaxing soak but very weak as far as power.

To be extremely fussy, there were a few mildew spots below the step in shower. But again, I am being very picky.

Overall, the hotel is very nice and if we didn't love the room, we wouldn't reserve it time after time. The location is wonderful for many choices of restaurants, shopping and convenience.

Room Tip: We were in Room 255, at the far end of the hall. However, the only elevator is located in the cente...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Rudolph, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The staff was very friendly and accommodating, We had our bikes with us which they had a place to store them.Our room was 235 which was very nice. I really enjoyed the hot tub especially after biking we were sore. Onalaska is beautiful....Outstanding dining opportunity.We went to Fridays for the first time excellent ribs, right across the street.The Great River Trail was not what we expected..You are not by a river.We went 25 miles north to Marshland.There is no where to stop for drinks or food.Had to bike back 8 miles to get something to eat & drink.From a 1-10 rating.We give the trail a 3.Maybe the LaCrosse trail is better which runs south.Now the drawbacks to Stoney Creek.The room above us had children, that were running & jumping.(Very,very loud) they kept us up until 1:00 a.m.The second night a couple well placed thumps on our ceiling from us quieted them down.The breakfast was very dissappointing thats all I have to say about that!:( Overall we will stay at the Hampton next time around.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Picked this over some similarly-rated hotels because the Thurs night price was a bit less than some and reviews seemed better than most. Not much of a noise issue, especially if you request a room facing the pool. Some noise from pool swimmers, but not that late. It's not fancy, but it was clean and king bed was very good, perhaps a bit softer than I like but fine for one night. The only criticism we have is that when the hotel is full or nearly full, the breakfast space is too small and you must wait for a table to open up. Breakfast food is average; stick with fruit and cereal, and if you like stronger coffee, find a nearby Starbucks or similar.

Stayed July 2014
Crown Point, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed here in May of 2014 for a business trip for 5 days. I thought I had uploaded a review but it must not have posted, so I'm doing it again.
I stayed in room 305 and I must say the hotel itself was very nice. I liked the cabin feel, and the staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Plus the hotel is within a short drive; five mins or less of lots of choices for lunch/dinner options.

Now for the bad part, first seeing as how it was the end of May, it was starting to get warm out (over 80). So I decided to take a dip in the indoor/outdoor pool. I was the only one out there at the time. The pool had not been vacuumed in quite some time as there was a ton of dead bugs on the bottom of the pool. Either that, or the pump/filter hadn't been ran. This wasn't that big of a deal but I swam anyway. Upon going into the indoor portion of the pool, there was a small dead frog floating on the top of the water. So, needless to say, I was done for the day.

On the second day of my trip, I was preparing to work midnight's as this was a business trip. I dropped my iphone plug and couldn't find it right away. This necessitated me to get down on my hands and knees using the flashlight on the phone to look for it. As I looked under the bed, I was amused to see a small sign that said "Yes; we cleaned under here too"
Well, I'm here to tell you they didn't. About a foot and half behind that sign; I find a used pair of men's underwear (not mine!) Now, I didn't say anything as I wanted to see would the cleaning personnel catch it. Nope. That underwear sat under the bed until I checked out that Saturday morning ( three more days)
Also of note, The bedside lamp had a large splash of what appeared to be some type of cola or drink that exploded up inside the lampshade. This was clearly visible while standing next to the bed. (see photos)
I had a nice time while at Stoney Creek, I just hope the cleaning personnel take a little better pride in cleaning the rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed in Stoney Creek cottage 8 for six weeks on my business trip in La Crosse. It is very close to the shopping mall and there are a lots of restaurants within 5 min walk. Behind the hotel there's a swamp where you can see deers sometimes. My stay was May and June so I always went to its swimming pool. I would recommand stoney creek to anyone who's looking for a hotel in Onalaska.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stoney Creek Hotel is a place I have stayed on three different occasions, and each time the hotel would get top rating from me. It is situated in Onalaska, where the interstate has been developed into commercial businesses, but cute downtown La Crosse is very close by as well as UW-L. The rooms are always perfectly clean and organized. The beds and pillows are comfortable. The decor of the hotel makes you think of "UP NORTH" with its cabin and forest themes.
The only area of correction is their breakfast, which does need some gluten-free options.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

By far the cleanest room we have ever stayed in. A beautiful part of town and La Crosse is a very clean town with plenty of good places to eat. We can't wait to stay again! The hotel had friendly gaurds on duty wich resulted in a peaceful nights rest. We didn't get a chance to indulge at the bar but peeked in and was a lovely place. The decor was out of this world like a giant log cabin with a small pond and waterfall outside the front door complete with goldfish.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse? Share your experiences!