“very misleading....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse

You added Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse to your Saves list
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3060 S Kinney Coulee Rd, Onalaska, WI 54650 (Formerly Stoney Creek Inn - La Crosse)   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Onalaska
Burlington, Wisconsin
“very misleading....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The website makes it look better than it is... there is no water park, just a pool, no resturaunt, just continental breakfast. The staff is very friendly, the room was really nice, the elevator sounds a little scarry, its not bad for passing thru town, but from loking at the website, we were a little disapointed...

Room Tip: room 325 has beautiful veiws of the hills...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear TM,
Our website includes all thirteen of our unique properties, one which is a 50,000 square foot Waterpark with a restaurant and a snack bar. I can only assume you took that page as representative of all of our hotel locations and sincerely apologize for any assumptions that may have occurred as a result. Thanks for the kind words regarding our staff and our rooms and thank you for sharing your experience and for giving us the opportunity to clarify this for all who read your review. We are very sorry for your disappointment and are very glad that you still had an overall pleasant stay that led to your 3 Star rating.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed in Stoney Creek Inn and the staff is just superb and friendly as can be. I checked into room 304 which is a very large, king size bed with a jacuzzi in the room and has a crazy cowboy theme. The bed was comfy and the room was clean. It did take me about five minutes to locate the closet to hang my clothes, I wasn't expecting to find a built in wall rack in the corner to hang my clothes and it was quite a small area with a few hangars. But I do love that they give you a refrigerator and microwave in the room The location of the hotel is nice because it's in the middle of everything if you are driving.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anybody.

Room Tip: If you stay in room 304, don't expect a view of anything except the roof.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was surprised how nice this was. The decor and moose theme is awesome even though I'm not into the outdoors. Room was huge. Beds comfy. The bed spreads had some obvious stains, but the sheets looked clean. Loved the stuffed animal moose that greeted us when we got to our room. ( great way for the hotel to make an extra $20- but my son lived it!). Would 100% recommend.

• Stayed December 2012
New Richmond, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I travel for my job and use hotels frequently. I stay at the Stoney Creek Inn in Onalaska once a week and it always gets better and better. The facilities are outstanding and the service is even better. The rooms are unbelievable and the staff gives upgrades all the time. The breakfasts are good. The bar/lounge downstairs is also very nice. And the indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub area is always clean and nice. I can't say enough about how beautiful a hotel this is and the prices are better than most. I look forward to the staff there and my visit to Stoney Creek Inn every week.

Room Tip: Rooms with jaccuzi's are nice, so are the rooms with patios or 3 season porches. They have beau...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jack K, Vice President of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Jo C, Wow, what a nice review. Thank you for your kind words and for your loyalty. We will do all in our power to insure your experiences continue to please and continue to get better and better yet. We learn from from guests like yourself constantly and I promise we will never take your patronage for granted. We look forward to seeing you this week and next.
Port Macquarie, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The super-size log cabin style entry looks welcoming and the theme continues in the lobby. The bar offers pizzas and drinks in the conference area, reached from the hotel lobby by a twisting sort of a subway system. It was OK for a snack but, for a good dinner it would probably be better to explore the eateries nearby. The room was good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel several times. I'm a NW Member and as usual, upon arrival we were upgraded to a whirlpool suite by the friendly staff. We have stayed on every level of the hotel and really like the top floor because of the vaulted ceilings. On the other hand, if you are staying in the warmer months, the rooms on the lower level are great if you are facing the nature preserve. I believe that most of these room offer a nice patio off the back of the room so you can relax or take a walk on the nature trails. We did hear some noise from the kids above us running around, but it was not as loud as other hotels. And be fair, it doesn't matter wear you stay, if there are kids above you, you will hear them. We always try to stay on the top floor to avoid this problem. The breakfast is what it is but there are many nice restaurants around to choose from.

We will be back again!

Room Tip: We always try and get rooms on the top floor overlooking the nature preserve.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was my 2nd stay at a Stoney Creek Inn, my first being in Peoria, IL last March. I enjoyed my first experience so much that I was pleased to be able to try them again. I booked our room about 6 weeks ahead of time so I was a little dismayed to come home from work 4 days before our most recent trip to have my husband tell me the hotel had called and that there was a problem with our reservation. I called back and got the details-there was an issue with the room I had booked but they had upgraded us (considerably!) and took 20% off what I was supposed to pay. I appreciated the fact that they contacted me ahead of time rather than waiting until I arrived. I got a fantastic room for a fantastic price and will definitely use them again.

Excellent pool area and a small game room. Adequate if uneventful breakfast is included. Comfortable common areas. Easy on/off to highway with plenty of shopping and dining around. Aestheically pleasing interior and exterior-especially enjoyed the outdoor fireplace and the outdoorsy and seasonal decor. Front desk staff was outstanding.

Only con would be the parking. They simply do not have enough parking to accomodate both overnight guests and banquet/conference attendees, which is compounded by a number of guests traveling with boats and/or trailers. We arrived around 5 p.m.and got one of the last few parking spaces, which made us afraid to go out again so we ordered in dinner. They share a free parking garage with the hospital next door. This structure is not terribly far away but far enough to be a nuisance in bad weather or even a hazard for someone (women) walking alone in the dark. I think offering a free valet service on their busy nights could alleviate a lot of potential problems and customer complaints.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse? Share your experiences!