This was my 2nd stay at a Stoney Creek Inn, my first being in Peoria, IL last March. I enjoyed my first experience so much that I was pleased to be able to try them again. I booked our room about 6 weeks ahead of time so I was a little dismayed to come home from work 4 days before our most recent trip to have my husband tell me the hotel had called and that there was a problem with our reservation. I called back and got the details-there was an issue with the room I had booked but they had upgraded us (considerably!) and took 20% off what I was supposed to pay. I appreciated the fact that they contacted me ahead of time rather than waiting until I arrived. I got a fantastic room for a fantastic price and will definitely use them again.
Excellent pool area and a small game room. Adequate if uneventful breakfast is included. Comfortable common areas. Easy on/off to highway with plenty of shopping and dining around. Aestheically pleasing interior and exterior-especially enjoyed the outdoor fireplace and the outdoorsy and seasonal decor. Front desk staff was outstanding.
Only con would be the parking. They simply do not have enough parking to accomodate both overnight guests and banquet/conference attendees, which is compounded by a number of guests traveling with boats and/or trailers. We arrived around 5 p.m.and got one of the last few parking spaces, which made us afraid to go out again so we ordered in dinner. They share a free parking garage with the hospital next door. This structure is not terribly far away but far enough to be a nuisance in bad weather or even a hazard for someone (women) walking alone in the dark. I think offering a free valet service on their busy nights could alleviate a lot of potential problems and customer complaints.
- Also Known As:
- Stoney Creek Inn - La Crosse Hotel
- Stoney Creek Inn - La Crosse Hotel Onalaska
- Stoney Creek Hotel
- Stoney Creek Onalaska
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stoney Creek Inn of La Crosse/Onalaska hotel is your haven after a busy day of snow skiing, shopping or cruising the Mississippi river. We have 157 uniquely appointed hotel rooms, including theme suites with whirlpool baths and stone fireplaces. For family getaways, our rooms feature king-size beds and sturdy double-deck log bunks for the kids. We offer 12,000 square feet of flexible meeting space just right for weddings, reunions and business events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Stoney Creek Inn - La Crosse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.