“My New Favorite Chain” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse

You added Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse to your Saves list
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3060 S Kinney Coulee Rd, Onalaska, WI 54650 (Formerly Stoney Creek Inn - La Crosse)   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Onalaska
Illinois
“My New Favorite Chain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was my 2nd stay at a Stoney Creek Inn, my first being in Peoria, IL last March. I enjoyed my first experience so much that I was pleased to be able to try them again. I booked our room about 6 weeks ahead of time so I was a little dismayed to come home from work 4 days before our most recent trip to have my husband tell me the hotel had called and that there was a problem with our reservation. I called back and got the details-there was an issue with the room I had booked but they had upgraded us (considerably!) and took 20% off what I was supposed to pay. I appreciated the fact that they contacted me ahead of time rather than waiting until I arrived. I got a fantastic room for a fantastic price and will definitely use them again.

Excellent pool area and a small game room. Adequate if uneventful breakfast is included. Comfortable common areas. Easy on/off to highway with plenty of shopping and dining around. Aestheically pleasing interior and exterior-especially enjoyed the outdoor fireplace and the outdoorsy and seasonal decor. Front desk staff was outstanding.

Only con would be the parking. They simply do not have enough parking to accomodate both overnight guests and banquet/conference attendees, which is compounded by a number of guests traveling with boats and/or trailers. We arrived around 5 p.m.and got one of the last few parking spaces, which made us afraid to go out again so we ordered in dinner. They share a free parking garage with the hospital next door. This structure is not terribly far away but far enough to be a nuisance in bad weather or even a hazard for someone (women) walking alone in the dark. I think offering a free valet service on their busy nights could alleviate a lot of potential problems and customer complaints.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Stoney Creek Inn has a good location and a unique theme. I was there for a meeting, and the meeting room was large and comfortable.

Cleanliness in our room wasn't the best. Upon checking in, I noticed that the bathroom mirror was still splattered from the previous guest. I reported that to the front desk. Then when I took a shower, I notice that someone else's hair was on the shower tile. It stayed there for two days.

The first morning, my solid deodorant exploded on the bathroom floor. I picked up the large pieces but there was some little pieces on the floor which I presumed would be cleaned up by the housekeepers the next morning. No, the pieces remained on the floor for the next two days and were still there when we left.

Sure woudl be nice to have more places to hang towels in the bathroom.

During my meeting, someone shattered a glass. We called to report it, Later when it was still on the floor, I asked and someone in the room said the broken glass had been replaced. We had to call a second time to get the broken glass cleaned up. (Yes, that's right...the first person was fine with leaving the broken glass on the floor.)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night for family w/e at UW LaCrosse. Always wanted to stay here and found a 'seal' on Expedia. Wasn't such a good deal...room on the lower level supposedly less noise...you can hear everything! Doors slamming l...conversations in the hallway... Coffee pot in the room still had coffee in it from the previous occupants...bathroom shower curtain is huge and bulky and leaves little room in the shower...corners of the room dusty..( you notice the. You drop things...) ..bed pretty sqishy.....breakfast was ok ......had lots of bready selection.s...bananas ready for banana bread , an orange or two, only protein was peanut butter and cream cheese.. oh and workman out side your window chatting ...again where one can hear them loudly--a bit freaks when not expected... But hey the hot tub is great....but not enough to have me return...I will pick the Holiday inn down the road...ok now the maids are using their walker Tolkien in the hallway...loud walker Tolkien! Sorry the planets did not align for this stay....and I'm not usually this picky!

• Stayed October 2012
Necedah, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed there for a wedding recently, if it hadn't been for the discounted wedding price we got I would have said this was extraordinarily overpriced. The breakfast is definitely nothing to get excited over - bagels, toast, muffins, cereal....all very blah.
The room is nice however hallway noise is very obvious from inside the room. Thankfully we weren't on a busy floor with a lot of kiddos.
The staff is very nice and welcoming. They were available anytime we had questions about the LaCrosse area.
Pool is average.

Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Great check in, beautiful, quiet room. Courteous and gracious staff. Comfy bed, great view overlooking the marsh. Plenty of parking, wide spaces to negotiate a large truck, or getting big heavy bags out of the back seat. Large dining area. La Crosse Stoney Creek Inn, you are the best.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed here many times. This past week end was a busy week end for Stoney Creek with two weddings, a rehearsal dinner, and a LOT of kids at some kind of outing. Just so you know, when these events take place, there are not enough parking spots in the parking area. I couldn't get one at 8 p.m., asking at the desk, and was told to park in the Gunderson ramp. When I asked where it was, in the dark, I was told it was "over there." Not helpful. Then a woman saved a spot for her young husband by standing in it. I asked for it, she said no, husband pounded much on my window and told me loudly to get out of HIS spot. I did. Later I saw him in the lobby. He shouted at me to never get that close to his wife again. I asked him if it made him feel good to take a parking spot away from a woman in her 70s. He responded by saying that I looked as though I could walk okay. I mentioned this to the desk people. They asked me what his name was. Obviously I didn't get it. Without it, (or maybe even with it) they would do nothing. Room as okay but dirty beverage containers were in it when I check in. The second day I got no toilet paper, no shampoo, no soap, and my bed was only partially made. And it was noisy both nigths, lots of noise from 11 p.m. and then again starting at 5:30 a.m. Probably will find a different place to stay for my next visit to La Crosse. I don't care for dirty rooms and dangerous people in the parking area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here in October 2012, 3 adults and one 8 year old. I loved it. We booked a room with one king size bed and bunk beds. It was perfect for us. The room was beautifully decorated in an outdoor theme. It was very roomy. The staff was friendly and helpful. We loved the huge indoor/outdoor pool and huge whirlpool. The capacity for the whirlpool was 26. Wow! It was huge and delightful after a long day. They even had a fantastic gas fireplace and big screen TV in the pool area. We all just loved it. I would highly recommend the Stoney Creek!

Room Tip: We had room 202 and it was wonderful.