“Mixed reviews” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse

Save Saved
You added Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse to your Saves list
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3060 S Kinney Coulee Rd, Onalaska, WI 54650 (Formerly Stoney Creek Inn - La Crosse)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Advance Purchase Discount
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Onalaska
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Mixed reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Stoney Creek Inn has a good location and a unique theme. I was there for a meeting, and the meeting room was large and comfortable.

Cleanliness in our room wasn't the best. Upon checking in, I noticed that the bathroom mirror was still splattered from the previous guest. I reported that to the front desk. Then when I took a shower, I notice that someone else's hair was on the shower tile. It stayed there for two days.

The first morning, my solid deodorant exploded on the bathroom floor. I picked up the large pieces but there was some little pieces on the floor which I presumed would be cleaned up by the housekeepers the next morning. No, the pieces remained on the floor for the next two days and were still there when we left.

Sure woudl be nice to have more places to hang towels in the bathroom.

During my meeting, someone shattered a glass. We called to report it, Later when it was still on the floor, I asked and someone in the room said the broken glass had been replaced. We had to call a second time to get the broken glass cleaned up. (Yes, that's right...the first person was fine with leaving the broken glass on the floor.)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night for family w/e at UW LaCrosse. Always wanted to stay here and found a 'seal' on Expedia. Wasn't such a good deal...room on the lower level supposedly less noise...you can hear everything! Doors slamming l...conversations in the hallway... Coffee pot in the room still had coffee in it from the previous occupants...bathroom shower curtain is huge and bulky and leaves little room in the shower...corners of the room dusty..( you notice the. You drop things...) ..bed pretty sqishy.....breakfast was ok ......had lots of bready selection.s...bananas ready for banana bread , an orange or two, only protein was peanut butter and cream cheese.. oh and workman out side your window chatting ...again where one can hear them loudly--a bit freaks when not expected... But hey the hot tub is great....but not enough to have me return...I will pick the Holiday inn down the road...ok now the maids are using their walker Tolkien in the hallway...loud walker Tolkien! Sorry the planets did not align for this stay....and I'm not usually this picky!

• Stayed October 2012
Necedah, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed there for a wedding recently, if it hadn't been for the discounted wedding price we got I would have said this was extraordinarily overpriced. The breakfast is definitely nothing to get excited over - bagels, toast, muffins, cereal....all very blah.
The room is nice however hallway noise is very obvious from inside the room. Thankfully we weren't on a busy floor with a lot of kiddos.
The staff is very nice and welcoming. They were available anytime we had questions about the LaCrosse area.
Pool is average.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Great check in, beautiful, quiet room. Courteous and gracious staff. Comfy bed, great view overlooking the marsh. Plenty of parking, wide spaces to negotiate a large truck, or getting big heavy bags out of the back seat. Large dining area. La Crosse Stoney Creek Inn, you are the best.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed here many times. This past week end was a busy week end for Stoney Creek with two weddings, a rehearsal dinner, and a LOT of kids at some kind of outing. Just so you know, when these events take place, there are not enough parking spots in the parking area. I couldn't get one at 8 p.m., asking at the desk, and was told to park in the Gunderson ramp. When I asked where it was, in the dark, I was told it was "over there." Not helpful. Then a woman saved a spot for her young husband by standing in it. I asked for it, she said no, husband pounded much on my window and told me loudly to get out of HIS spot. I did. Later I saw him in the lobby. He shouted at me to never get that close to his wife again. I asked him if it made him feel good to take a parking spot away from a woman in her 70s. He responded by saying that I looked as though I could walk okay. I mentioned this to the desk people. They asked me what his name was. Obviously I didn't get it. Without it, (or maybe even with it) they would do nothing. Room as okay but dirty beverage containers were in it when I check in. The second day I got no toilet paper, no shampoo, no soap, and my bed was only partially made. And it was noisy both nigths, lots of noise from 11 p.m. and then again starting at 5:30 a.m. Probably will find a different place to stay for my next visit to La Crosse. I don't care for dirty rooms and dangerous people in the parking area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here in October 2012, 3 adults and one 8 year old. I loved it. We booked a room with one king size bed and bunk beds. It was perfect for us. The room was beautifully decorated in an outdoor theme. It was very roomy. The staff was friendly and helpful. We loved the huge indoor/outdoor pool and huge whirlpool. The capacity for the whirlpool was 26. Wow! It was huge and delightful after a long day. They even had a fantastic gas fireplace and big screen TV in the pool area. We all just loved it. I would highly recommend the Stoney Creek!

Room Tip: We had room 202 and it was wonderful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our team stayed at the Stoney Creek Inn, Onalaska, WI for one night this past weekend. Their group services team was extremely organized and had us pre-checked before arriving, so we were off the bus and into the rooms in 30 seconds. The hotel rooms were beautiful, well kept, and inviting. Everyone on the staff was extremely accommodating and genuinely friendly to the group. I know the hotel was full on Friday, and we were treated like we were the only ones who were staying with them.

Room Tip: There isn't a "bad" room in the place.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse? Share your experiences!