“Worst Applebees experience to date!!” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 50 restaurants in Onalaska
Cuisines: American
“Worst Applebees experience to date!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Chicken penne came cold and nasty. Spinach dip appetizer was average but came lukewarm. Food took a bit long, service was mediocre although very nice she took forever to take our orders and bring our food. We were checked on very little. Sidewalk was caked with ice. Appears to be a very poorly managed place. Not worth the price. We will never go to this Applebees again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

25% Recommend
“Crappy Service, average food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I find that EVERY applebee's I go to has horrible service. I don't order soft drinks or special lemonades because it's so hard to get a refill and I'm not paying $2 for one glass of a beverage. It takes forever for food to arrive and rarely get a fresh slice of lemon when in the rare occasion my glass of water is refilled. The only good thing about Applebee's is their 1/2 off appetizers starting at 10pm, 9pm in minnesota. I don't go for the service or the quality of food. I go for the 1/2 of apps.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Worst lunch experience ever!!! Never going back to Applebees in Onalaska!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Things seemed nice and friendly when we walked in, but once we ordered it was like we stepped into the Land of the Lost! Our waiter never checked on us. We just sat there twiddling our thumbs as we watched tables that arrived after us get their meals. It took way over 30 minutes for our food to come and were given a simple "the fry cook got backed up, sorry" as the only compensation. My six year old was beyond starving, as were we. My chicken was cold, the fried item was burnt and the other item was just plain disgusting. Fish and chips had a deep pool of grease under it. Just GROSS. Can't believe we wasted almost $30 on that meal. It was supposed to be a nice treat out. Ha! The floor manager came to check on the table next to us and put his hands in his pockets right off the bat. Yeah that screams "how can I help you?!"
We had to ask another server what happened to our meal since our server never stopped by. We also didn't hear "thank you, come again" either. No worries, we will never ever eat at another Applebees again. Ever!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“First Applebees I have ever been disappointed with”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was in town for work and stopped at Applebees because traditionally they are one of the nicest places to have a drink and dinner at when travelling. When i walked in there was no one at the door to greet me but thats ok, I know where the bar is. When i walked up to the bar, I was greeted by the bartender who was very nice, however other employees were horsing around and there was alot of yelling coming from the kitchen area. I noted a few customers at tables waiting for a waiter, even the bartender noticed it and from the bar, he yelled to them, asking if they wanted a drink. Eventually a waitress attended to them, its not like they were busy with work. They were discussing how slow it had been the night before so they did some "nasty cleaning" and how none of them got any sleep last night. There were 2 managers working (Tom was one) and they seemed more interested in chatting with the employees than interacting with the customers. In 2 1/2 hours that i was there, I don't think i even saw either manager smile and talk to a customer. I ordered a salad and it arrived in less than 2 minutes, when i commented about how fast it arrived she said they dont take long. I know why the chicken was rubbery...it was a leftover, clearly not freshly made. This is the first Applebees I have been to where i clearly felt the management needed a change. Its no wonder they weren't busy. From other reviews here, it appears I am not the only one who has had issues with this Applebees. Apparently management doesn't read the reviews and if they do, they dont care.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Questa, New Mexico
“Rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Went for lunch. Food was decent. Forgot my hat and went back to fetch it. The staff acted as if I were the greatest inconvenience of the year. I felt embarrassed! I spoke with the manager about the experience and she smirked at me in a very patronizing way. It was the most bizarre and uncomfortable visit I've ever had in a business. Will never go again.

Visited February 2012