“Perfect fit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Onalaska
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
“Perfect fit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights while we enjoyed STOMP! in La Crosse. We travel with a Hilton employee rate so it's not hard to enjoy our stay anywhere but this staff goes the extra mile. Olivia checked us in with a smile and Deb was very helpul with local information and getting us a new room when a mechanical issue popped up. There is a bit of freeway noise but quite frankly I've never stayed in a hotel by a freeway and NOT had some road noise. Its the tradeoff for the convenience and I would never take the hotel to task for that. We were made to feel welcome and we will return.
P.S. My apologies to the wonderful breakfast hostess whose name I can't recall!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Omaha, NE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have to stay in the Lacrosse area several times a year on business. I am a Hilton Diamond member. This is one of the older Hamptons that was built close to the interstate. You could throw a rock from the parking lot and hit one of the semis roaring by on I-94. Traffic noise in the rooms is very loud, especially on the south end. Earplugs are recommended. This place usually books up several weeks in advance and is considerably higher priced than newer hotels in other locations. It has undergone the corporate updating over the years, but they can only do so much.
Rooms are still small, and the armchair smelled old. 3 switches in the bathroom: 2 for lights, 1 for fan. The fitness center is next to the pool. The treadmill is an ancient Precor and has probably been there since the place opened. The cable guide said they got CNBC, but they did not.
It's true that there are 2 restaurants in walking distance. They provided umbrellas when it rained.
I could put up with all the negatives if I wasn't paying a AAA rate of $141.55 and a total of $160.66 after taxes. I feel taken advantage of and don't feel I got $141 worth of value.

Room Tip: Try to get as far from I-94 as possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Eau Claire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The maids here write you notes asking if you need anything and if your write reasonable requests, assuming you have any. They make every attempt to fulfill these requests. I have received things like a microwave popcorn and extra bath soap. They are great and very helpful. Once, during one of my stays, the room heat was overwhelming and the front desk responded right away to correct the problem. They bent over backwards to help so I was so appreciative. They really take care of you at the Onalaska Hampton Inn. I especially like the fresh popcorn & hot gooey cookies waiting for you when you get back at the end of the day. This is very inviting and I have gone as far to mention to my wife that I would really like it if she would do this nightly at our home. Can you imagine how many husbands would rush home for fresh cookies and hot - fresh buttered popcorn? She doesn't always agree with me but I think she firmly grasped the concept (LOL). Keep up the great work here and please work on improving your breakfast. How how some oatmeal & cream of wheat that isn't sooo thick you have to cut it with a knife, and a major change in fare would go along way. Suggestions may include real freshly made hash, French toast, real pancakes, more fruit choices, better juices - the syrup tasting orange & cranberry juices are terrible!!! If there is one area to improve upon, it's breakfast! Don't take it too hard as everything else exceeds expectations and "wows" me as a customer! Thanks!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We have been doing lots of traveling lately. We stay here when we go to the Allergy clinic across the street. It is always CLEAN! They called before hand to see if there were any special requests or needs related to our sons allergy. Everyone is super friendly and the breakfast buffet is excellent!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ishpeming, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have stayed in lots of hotels in my travels. I have to rate this as one of my best experiences. This Hampton has a great location, restaurants in walking distance including Outback Steak next door, the friendliest staff & clean. Did I mention good coffee with cups larger than a shot glass? You can't go wrong with this Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
LaCrosse, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Clean, comfortable pillows and bed. Great warm breakfast. Delicious coffee (very hot though!). Overall great hotel for family or business travel. Great restaurants close by. Manny's & Outback Steakhouse.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Cottage Grove, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This can be your home away from home for comfort. Makes you feel welcomed and appreciated. Service is great and for me location to restaurants is great. As a Diamond member for 10 years it is always a location I will come back to

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Lacrosse Onalaska? Share your experiences!