“Perfect place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Onalaska (La Crosse Area)

IHG Expedia.com
Holiday Inn Express Onalaska (La Crosse Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9409 Highway 16, Onalaska, WI 54650   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Onalaska
Port Byron, Illinois
“Perfect place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I are at the hotel now and are really enjoying our stay here. The rooms have the normal wear that you would expect from bring used. We haven't found anything that we were disappointed in. The bed does seem to be a little hard but we are used to a waterbed or pillow top mattress. Pluse we are here to we a doctor that is less than a mile away and they have us a jacuzzi room for $75 a night. Since we live about four hours from here we are staying a couple nights and finding plenty to do around town. I will add to my review after I have the breakfast, it sounds like most people really like it here. Oh and to add about the staff here, they have all been great. We got into town at 1230 and check in was supposed to be 3. They told us the room wasn't ready but the girl at the front desk tracked down a cleaning lady and she said they would clean our room next and to just give them about thirty minutes. They checked us in, gave us our key and the We went to grab a bite to eat and the room was in great shape when we got back.

• Stayed October 2012

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Have stayed at this Holiday Inn Express before because it's a pleasant place to stay BUT realized our room didn't have a working phone - not good in an emergency. When we turned on the unit to warm our room (it was a bit nippy in the morning) our smoke alarm started screeching immediately! And it smelled funny! When I reported it to the front desk that the smoke alarm went off, I was told that was because the heat setting in the unit hadn't been used for awhile. That might be a good answer but how would I know if it was a real problem. A smoke alarm screeching at 6:30 in the morning does make one wake up and wonder!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express was quiet and very clean. We stayed a Saturday night and there seemed to be many families there. Their breakfast was excellent. Included in the buffet was sausage links, omelets, hard boiled eggs, as well as their signature cinnamon rolls and pancakes.
My room and paperwork were ready when I checked in at 2 pm.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DCA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had a pleasant stay at the HI Express. I found it to be what I’d expect from this class of hotel. Not memorable for any reason good or bad but I would stay again. The building is a short drive from the airport and right off the highway, but it’s set back from the road so it’d be easy to miss if you didn’t know where to look. You could walk to the Olive Garden, and there are plenty of food choices across the street or in the nearby shopping center. There’s a gas station you can reach without getting on the main road that’s convenient for filling up on the way to the airport.

Check-in was fast, breakfast was available early in the morning, and I thought the staff in general was cordial.

The room was average. Clean but a little worn. One of the two beds had a depression in the center. The fridge was clean and I appreciated the microwave being in the room although I didn’t need it. The wi-fi was fast enough for my needs. The bathroom was clean on the surface. The underside of the toilet rim (see pictures) seems to indicate a more thorough job could be done.

Overall, I thought the HI Express was a good value for the price.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were given spacious room with two queen beds and a couch/coffee table area at a very reasonable rate. The room was clean and well-maintained, and we had a comfortable, quiet sleep. The continental breakfast had a variety of choices and the staff was courteous and accomodating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Darby, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed here a few days and overall was not bad ( not great either ) I see from some of the other reviews the same things. Attention to detail would be nice ( the so-called desk chair was broken and when I turned it over to see if I could fix it to use I found a few years worth of cobwebs and egg sacks ) I had the do not disturb sign on the first morning there ( until around 11am ) and no housekeeping service for that day ( I guess they only hit there early in the morning ) after that I am sure the sheets were not changed until I left ( when in a hotel it is nice to say change the sheets every other day if you're there for a few days ) WIFI was slow so beware if you have updates to install. Over all I would have to rate this as an average property. Yes the A/C units were dated and did bring up the humidity in the room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Onalaska (La Crosse Area)? Share your experiences!