“Not for Me” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Onalaska
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Not for Me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I had a large job locally here and so I booked a room at this hotel. I was so disappointed that after I just moved 10,000 lbs. of household belongings up 2 flights of stairs that when I got to my hotel I had to even walk up stairs to get to my room. I really was not up for that and was not in the mood for it. I would not suggest staying here except for convenience sake.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking your time and reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. I understand the inconveniences of our hotel not having an elevator and I would like to apologize that we gave you a room on the second floor. We do try and accommodate any guest request and we would of gladly given you a first floor accommodation had we known you would be moving a household during the day. Please accept my sincere apologize and we look forward to your next visit.

Waterloo, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I chose this property as I am in a wheelchair and they advertised a roll in shower. After making three calls and confirming this room was available, upon arrival we found the room occupied already! Our second night, they offered to let us change to that room but it would have necessitated moving 3 suitcases, cooler, repacking toiletries, etc and did not seem worth the effort. After complaining to the manager, we were given a discount on the rate we paid. Overall, the motel was clean, employees were very kind and breakfast was very good. However, if you have special needs/requests they may not be able to provide what you specifically reserve.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GinnyWaterloo_Iowa
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I understand special needs / request and we try to accommodate any request to the best of our ability. I want to apologize again for not being unable to accommodate your need for a roll in shower, since the one room with a roll in shower was occupied. I have discussed this issue with my front desk staff and want to thank you again for bringing it to my attention. Overall, I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Sun City, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Agree with a previous reviewer that this motel is tired-looking on the outside, but sparkling clean on the inside! Pets are allowed. There is a grassy area with a picnic table where you can walk your pet on the end of the building. I also like that they have 24-hour free coffee in the lobby! Plenty of free on-sight parking. The parking lot is well lit at night.

Amenities include indoor swimming pool, (didn't use, but looked clean and inviting) and free continental breakfast.

Room: King size bed with plenty of pillows and a nice, lightweight down comforter. The bed was very comfortable for me. The room also had a microwave oven, refrigerator, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, alarm clock radio, safe, flat screen TV with free Showtime, desk and chair, big comfy chair, free WiFi. Lots of nice towels too! Room was tastefully decorated and well lit.

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, bananas and other fruits, make your own waffles, (strawberry and regular), juice, coffee, tea, milk.

Lots of restaurants and shopping malls within a short driving distance.

Fast, friendly check-in. Reasonable rates. And again, the biggest thing I liked about this Comfort Inn was the cleanliness of everything! Don't think I've ever seen a hotel/motel this clean...from the lobby to the breakfast area to the hallways to the rooms! I would definitely recommend this Comfort Inn and would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with pets or cannot climb steps, ask for a room on the first floor as there...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking your time and writing a detailed review on TripAdvisor. Our staff works hard to take care of each and every guest and make sure their stay is a memorable stay. I will be sure to compliment my staff on their hard work and thank them for making cleanliness a priority. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here for an overnight stop. Every hotel in La Crosse was booked due to a variety of events occurring simultaneously.

The exterior looks a bit tired, but everything else is clean and tidy. We were greeted and checked-in immediately upon arrival.

The rooms aren’t fancy, but were clean and provided bathroom sundries. The rooms had HDTV, and came with a refrigerator and microwave. The buffet breakfast had a waffle maker, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, and a selection of juices, cereals, muffins and toast. It’s a pretty good deal at a reasonable price.

It's very near a shopping center, Sam’s Club, grocery store, and a Gander Mountain.

I would happily stay here if I were passing through in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I will be delighted to share your kind words of praise with my entire staff. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognize our staff's efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. Thank you again for taking your time to review our hotel.
Wheaton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Obviously not a luxury hotel but this hotel does does offer a nice, clean room with a better than average breakfast. Bed was comfortable and our room was quiet. Staff was very good. Breakfast area was clean. Check in and check were very good. We only stayed one night and would stay there again if we visited the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
New London, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Room smelled funky and was worn. Bed in suite looked like a double, not a queen, & was very uncomfortable (throwing a pillow top on a lumpy, saggy, old mattress does NOT make it a good bed guys). Sheets absolutely reeked of chlorine to the point they made my nose run. A/C had to be turned off & back on after one cycle or it just stopped working. Complaining to the front desk clerk seemed pointless because desk clerk spoke so softly during check-in I couldn't understand her AT ALL. Biscuits in the morning were ice cold in chafing dish (weird, right?), but at least the gravy wasn't too bad - sad that was the highlight of the stay. Sad - I've always been very pleased with the Comfort Inn/Suites brand, but not this time! I would not stay here for the price they were asking & I am pretty disappointed that I wasted earned points here for a free night. Will not be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm concerned about the issues you experienced with our bedding, A/C unit and our breakfast while staying at our hotel. I want you to know that the concerns of our guests are taken seriously and each concern will be addressed so futures guest don't experience the same issues. Thank you again for sharing your recent experiences with us.
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night on our trip north along the Mississippi River. While the motel was not attractive from the outside, it was very clean and nice inside. Our room (#112) had 2 queens and a micro/fridge. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast included 2 waffle makers as well as scrambled eggs (powdered I think) and biscuits and gravy as well as the usual juice, cereals, muffins, toast and hard boiled eggs. It's very near a shopping center with a nice grocery store and a Gander Mountain store. We found it very quiet at night for sleeping.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time and reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that your room was very clean and accommodating. Also, I am glad you were able to start your day off right with a good breakfast, after a restful night of sleep. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onalaska
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse
Hampton Inn Lacrosse Onalaska
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse
Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Holiday Inn Express Onalaska (La Crosse Area)
BEST WESTERN Riverfront Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!