“Small Pool and bad facilites” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Onalaska
“Small Pool and bad facilites”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Smallest pool ever if you have kids stay at the Days Inn on French Island near the airport, breakfast at this place is Primitive,rooms are terribly generic an can be a little cramped plus parking is terrible. plus being a stone's throw from the interstate you wont get some guaranteed shut eye my advice avoid this piece of crap and stay at the Radisson in nearby La Crosse.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We pride ourselves on providing clean rooms and friendly customer service at an affordable price. I'm sorry our hotel accommodations were not to your liking. Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

At first when we got to our room it smelled a little musty/moldy but we opened the window,aired it out and the smell went away.other than that not a bad stay.be aware of the safe charge which you can have removed at checkout

• Stayed September 2012
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying stay. We work hard to neutralize any odors in our guest rooms and its disappointing to hear that you had a musty smell in your room. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Onalaska area.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My stay was 4 weeks. The first noteworthy inconvenience was No Elevator. Lugging your baggage up the stairs is not an easy feat and having to bounce my laptop and lunch cooler up and down the stairs every day to work was also something.

There is no laundry facility on site. You will need to go to the laundromat.

The pool smelled like urine but those who use hotel pools are already willing to take more risks than I am!

The eating area was somewhat dirty and the food was standard stuff.

The bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if you have baggage you don't want to cart up the stairs.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Hello Sherry,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review your stay at the Onalaska Comfort Inn. I understand the inconvenience of not having a elevator or laundry facility on site. I would like to apologize for inconvenience this caused you during your stay. We do try to accommodate any guest requests during your stay and would of gladly of switched you to a first floor room. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

The good: they had a room, price was decent, staff was nice, right off I90.

The bad: bathroom extremely small, furniture soiled - made you wonder how clean bed was, breakfast was horrible and eating area was dirty. Room smelled like it used to be a smoking room. Charge for in-room safe, you have to ask for it to be removed at checkout.

Pet peeve: guests coming to breakfast in lobby in their bare feet. Hotels need to require shirts and shoes for sanitary reasons.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Comfort Inn. I'm glad our location worked well for you and that our staff was pleasant during your stay. I do apologize for your experience as reported, as this clearly is not our standard of cleanliness. I have reviewed your concern with our housekeeping manager and our breakfast host, so future guest do not have the same experiences. I would like to thank you again, for taking the time for reviewing our hotel and if you are in the area again, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were alittle worried with the reviews on trip advisor about this hotel. There were very limited accomodations along I-90 for miles - and the prices at most were extremely expensive. I booked this hotel using my choice privileges hotel points and we were not disappointed. The hotel was sold out so I was concerned about noise but the room was very quiet - it was clean and comfortable. Not a deluxe hotel by any means but comfortable and clean - would recommend for a single overnight stay if you are driving on the road.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ryan K, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We appreciate that you stay with us and especially want to thank you for your nice comments. We pride ourselves on providing clean rooms and friendly customer service at an affordable. Happy future travels to you and we hope you stay with us again soon!
Verona, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We’ve had good luck with Comfort Inn’s in other cities. Not this one. People occupying the room before us had smoked. Frankly, the room stunk. Although the employee at the front desk apologized she said there was no other room we could move to. A cleaning lady agreed our room was unsatisfactory and said the manager would at least compensate us because our room was so rank. However, our written request to the manager was ignored.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello DepVar,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay at the Comfort Inn. It is unfortunate that prior guest do not follow the rules of a non-smoking hotels and consequently you were unhappy. We do have special procedures when cleaning a room that has been smoked in by a previous guest. I apologize that we were not able eliminate the smoke odor or be able to move you to another room and make your stay satisfactory. Thank you again for taking your time to review our hotel.
Newport News, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Dear reader - Just passing you the results of my stay (and technically my last stay 2 weeks ago. I stayed one night two weeks ago. When i got up in the morning, the shower was luke warm. Ive stayed here several ties before and never had this problem. It has been a good place for the money... dirt cheap! Upon my departure, i let the staff know about the warm shower. I figured it as just bad timimg (then again, NO chain hotel should EVER run out of hot water).

I returned two days ago. When I got up yesterday, I was greeted by a COLD shower. Not hot. Not warm. Cold. I contacted the front desk and the very nice maintenance man came up to make sure I was using the controls correctly. He apologized for the situation. I thought about bagging up and going to a different hotel, but he called before I left to say it had been fixed so I stayed...

I got up this morning to the finf the same tepid showed of two weeks ago. I'm not sue if the management has them turning down the water heaters, but this is unacceptable and I can't consider going back on the risk of warm/cold showers. Very unfortunate .

please note that i think this is the first overall one star i have given to date for a hotel or restaurant. I'm not the type that either loves or hates in reviews. The staff as nice. Rooms are clean. Breakfast is nice. It's dirt free and dirt cheap... BUT THE SHOWERS ARE COLD.

If you find this review helps you, please come back and say so. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2012
Hello GJMaxx,

I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable room and that you enjoyed our breakfast. Unfortunately, you experience a cold shower during your stay. I understand how upsetting it is to not have a hot shower in the morning. Please accept my sincere apologies. I want to promise you that we have not turned down the hot water heaters. The issue you experienced is that the hot and cold dial on the shower get twisted out of whack and hot is cold and cold is hot. Again, I would like to apologizes for inconvenience and look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!