“Good food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Onalaska, Wisconsin
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food is actually 4 stars, but the pricing is quite high so it averages out to a 3 in my opinion. pleasant atmosphere, good service

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Milwaukee
“What a surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

What a surprise to find a very good Mexican SEAFOOD restaurant in the middle of the state of Wisconsin! We checked into our hotel and asked if there were any restaurants that were not part of a chain, which was all we had seen when we drove in to town. They suggested either the Italian restaurant, Ciatti's, or Manny's Mexican Cocina. We chose Manny's and were very happy with our selection. Three of us shared a pitcher of very good Margaritas and all of us enjoyed our entrees. Three of us had seafood dishes and one had a vegetarian dish and all were very enjoyable. It was one of the better Mexican meals I've had in the state of Wisconsin! The restaurant was very large and the decor was quite nice, and welcoming. The only criticism I have is we initially thought we'd sit outside as it was a warm evening, but it was past sunset and it was so dark outside (very poor exterior lighting) that we couldn't even read the menu so we moved inside.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Top Seafood and Southwestern food in the area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I found this restaurant because it is opposite the Onalaska Hampton Inn and was open at the late hour of my arrival. I had to take back my resistance to eating seafood while in the Midwest (except for walleye of course) and found the quality outstanding. In addition the Tex-Mex items were compelling and the bar service reasonable; yes you get a full martini glass!

Visited July 2013
Montpelier, Vermont
“Good Food and Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Manny's is a big restaurant, well decorated and well run. Our waitress was pleasant and attentive. We ate outside and enjoyed the fresh air, although there is not a view, other than parked cars. The food is a bit overpriced, but good enough. We had fajitas and a grilled tuna salad. The tuna was cooked perfectly. The fajitas were so-so, but filling and well-spiced. The meal was fine and the service was good. We'd stop again, if we were in the area.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Good service, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I chose this restaurant based on TripAdvisor and Google reviews. I was seated promptly and my waitress appeared on the spot to take my drink & appetizer order. Very pleasant personality and frequently came back to see how I was doing. The atmosphere was pleasant and the decor was more imaginative than some of the Mexican chain restaurants I've eaten at elsewhere. I ordered a fried calamari appetizer that came a bit over-fried in my opinion. I followed that with a chicken chimichanga, my usual fare at Mexican restaurants. Like too many restaurants these days, the helping size of the chimichanga was simply too large. I'm not good at describing flavors, but suffice it to say that the chimichanga did not have the flavor that I am accustomed to or that I liked. I am not averse to trying out new flavors, but there was something about this chimichanga that I simply did not like. Coupled with these disappointments was the cost of the meal (for one, mind you) which was about equal to what I pay back home at my favorite Mexican restaurant, but with my wife eating also.

I always end up assessing a restaurant by asking myself the question: Would I return or suggest it to friends? I am afraid in this case, I would have to answer: No.

• Visited September 2013