“Come for the food---stay for the food.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 75 Restaurants in Oconomowoc
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wisconsin
“Come for the food---stay for the food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you're not a regular at this place they treat you like you don't belong. The staff is extremely rude to people they don't know (how do you expect to get new customers)? The bartenders are probably the worst as far as attitude goes. Like I said, if they don't know you expect slow service. The owners are constantly there, drinking, and now recently I noticed the waitresses drinking too while waiting on tables.

Food wise---my husband got the broasted chicken which he liked and it filled him up. I got the Baron Beef and a cup of French Onion soup, both delicious as always. Like I said, come for the food and come back for the food because it definitely won't be the service.

I heard it's not a very nice place to work and maybe that's why the staff is always crabby but 3-4 tables/server should not make for a busy night!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Scolded by the grandaughter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I were sitting and waiting for our dinner....when I heard at the next table the waitress scolding the seated customers because they sent back a glass of wine that was for some reason unwanted. She proceeded to tell the people that they are fortunate that the bartender took this off their bill and that she (the waitress) was Tommy's granddaughter and she didn't think that her grandfather would approve of sending back a drink after it was poured t. She then went on to tell them that it is bar policy that when there is a "pour" it will not be deducted from anyones bill regardless of the reason. I think that Grandpa needs to have a little talk with his granddaughter. I don't want her waiting on me. I wonder if those people have been in there before or if they will ever be back again. Hmmmmmm. Maybe Grampa has enough money.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grafton, Wisconsin
“salty bluegills”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The reviewers were right when they said service was slow, but what they didn't say was that the bluegill fish fry was so salty that it was inedible. We came in with a party of 10 and 5 of us ordered the bluegill which we went there for. Amazingly, with everyone cutting down on their salt intake, the chef there went overboard on the shaker. We ended up sending it back and getting the cod instead. While one of our table of 5 got timely service, the other one was totally ignored by their server. All in all, probably would not go back. Bar area was comfy and large.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Pizza is outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

If you are looking for cheesy, Wisconsin pizza, this is the place. Delicious! We bring friends here and they are never disappointed. They also give candy bars (full size) to the younger lot. Service is friendly and atmosphere is average. Tables are small (too small for the pizza), but the food and smiles never disappoint.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oconomowoc
“Flavor good, everything else not so much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My young family of 5 decided to try Tom & Di's and were neither impressed nor completely disappointed. Quite frankly, the food we ordered was flavorful and full of portions. So at least the main portion of our visit was filled with satisfaction.

We were greeted by a not-so-gracious hostess and our waitress seemed less than happy about having to wait on us. Much of the crowd were senior citizens and they seemed to matter more to the waitress.

The ceiling was leaking in several places with my daughter finding it amusing that she sat near two buckets.

When we were served our dinner, we were never asked "was there anything I could get" or "How is everything." We had to bug a different waitress for extra napkins. We were so ignored that we decided to grin and bear it and just eat then leave. When we were finished we waited 20 minutes to receive a bill...a bill we had to bother a hostess to get for us.

All-in-all, the food was yummy, but the experienced was terrible...almost nightmarish. I would recommend "take-out" versus the dining experience.

• Visited August 2013