“Not at all "luxury"” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Pine Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oconomowoc
Inn at Pine Terrace
You added Inn at Pine Terrace to your Saves list
351 E Lisbon Rd, Oconomowoc, WI 53066   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Oconomowoc B&B and Inns
Reno, Nevada
“Not at all "luxury"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Just returned from a few nights at the Inn, we found the place off a recommendation from friends for a wedding we were attending in the area. Several people we spoke with asked where we were staying and when we mentioned the Inn most replied what a nice place it was.....it seems painfully obvious that there has been a recent change of ownership ? or maybe hard times with the economy ? or family strife ?.....hard to say but from start to finish our stay was a comedy of errors. After driving in from Chicago we arrived to an empty Inn....no owners or employee in site, could not get into building, no key left out or instructions for us....nothing.....made numerous phone calls to both numbers listed - one came up out of service, other just went to voicemail. Mind you we were early by 1.5 hours for check in but we had been calling from the road as well to see if we could check in early, no one ever called us back so we showed up thinking we could ask someone on site...when the owner finally drove up (no cell phone ?? Really ??) he states that check in to him is 3pm and that he had some family situation he was dealing with (again though - no cell phone ??)....the grounds were unkempt - no work or upkeep has been done in quite some time, lawn is brown, leaves and weeds everywhere, we actually thought it was a possibility the place had gone bankrupt when we could not find anyone - it was that poorly maintained....the upside is that the building itself is really cool, nice old building with great detail inside but clearly needing some upkeep - water leaked from our toilet and the ceiling in foyer had evidence of the same....the final straw for us was the breakfast - the gal serving tried to pass off a store bought quiche with neon red "bacos" in it as homemade by the owner ("a cheesy quiche with bacon in it"....) then served it with part of a store bought muffin sliced up along side (think the pack of nine that come from costco).....we have had continental breakfasts at Bestwesterns that were better than this...and they are even selling a Wisconsin B n B cookbook in the foyer !! Overall you get the sense that hard times for whatever reason have hit this Inn and they are scrambling to cut corners and save - no upkeep or maintenance on the grounds, few staff etc. Another observation that sealed the deal and supported our assessment was the display of books in the parlor that included "The Idiot's guide to running a B and B" and "B and B's for dummies".....I could go on for days but in short definitely not the "luxury inn" as advertised and NOT worth the relatively high price tag....save your money, go stay at the holiday inn express and pop for breakfast at the "Roots" coffeeshop in town where they actually have homemade quiche and muffins.....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Alta, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Our first visit was during off season and we were the only guests staying at the Inn. It's a beautiful mansion and we felt like Lords of all we surveyed. The inn keepers were great, long leisurely breakfasts and conversations. We have family in the area and are going back again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed at the Inn for our 8 year wedding anniversary through a deal that we found online. When I saw the Inn online, I was intrigued by it's architecture, and when I saw it in person, I fell in love. Every inch of the Inn is adorned in antiques (but not in a cluttery way, because I would hate that). The mesh of modern day amenities and old world charm is simply perfect in every way.

The owner greeted us at the door, and made every possible effort to make sure that we were comfortable and happy. He provided us with a map of the area, a code to the front door, and a little information about what we could do while we were there. He then let us be to explore on our own.

The hubby and I spent the first evening at the local Irish Pub aptly named "The Pub". We met some really great people there and chatted the night away with the locals. The next morning breakfast was fantastic. I can't recall exactly what we had, but I do remember that it was healthy, fresh, and light- but also filling and that it had walnuts, which I love. The owner took great care with the presentation (we eat with our eyes first, no?) and I remember feeling very pleased.

We stayed in The Captain Fred Pabst Room (#16) and I'm not sure I would have chosen another if given the chance. Our room was quite perfect for us. It provided a nice soaking tub, plenty of bathroom space, a sitting area that we sat, dran wine, and played cards at until the wee hours, and nice windows that gave an open feel.

Our last night there was by far the best. A storm rolled in, and we sat on the big front porch with candles lit, sipping wine and watching the rain. Rarely have I felt so at ease.

I have never stayed at a B&B before, and I always thought that it would be a bit awkward, but this experience completely changed my mind. The Innkeeper (John) was perfectly accomodating. He gave us our space, but had an innate ability to be there when you needed him. This is not something that can be taught, and I know a few 5 star hotels that could learn a thing or two from John and his wife.

Service, amenities, and food was first rate. I will definitely be back, and look forward to another relaxing stay!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are so different, but room 16 had plenty of space.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Oconomowoc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

My husband and I escaped to this beautiful inn for a weekend away from the kids. It was a wonderful experience! The owners are incredibly nice, helpful and gracious. The inn is gorgeous with a lot of history. The breakfast was incredible! LOVED the quiche! We are recommending this beautiful place to all of our friends and family. It was the perfect get-away weekend. I cannot to go back again for a little R&R.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

This was one of those rare occasions when I did not look at tripadvisor reviews before my visit because someone else planned the trip. As stated by others, the owners are very gracious, the rooms are nice (I recommend 16) and there are other nice perks like the cute sun room. I was very surprised to see some complaints about the food in the reviews as breakfast was a real highlight for me. Perhaps we just got lucky, but I was thrilled with my breakfast and I had the impression that my companions were too - I'm actually fairly certain that every one in the dining area was enjoying their meal. We had a delicious homemade quiche with poached pear, yogurt, bread, juice and coffee. Perhaps breakfast has been given extra care recently. I agree there are no bathrobes as mentioned by another reviewer, so if these are advertised, they should not be. I have been to fancier, flawless places, but they have cost over a hundred dollars more. This is a wonderful, comfortable place that is not overpriced.

Room Tip: My room was beautiful and had a great bathroom - 16
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We were seeking a perfect getaway, and this was it! The Inn is gorgeous; touring the rooms was a museum-quality experience -- though much more comfortable and inviting than a museum! Breakfasts were ample and delicious -- yogurt with fruit and nuts, followed by baked eggs, sausage, tomatoes and herbs, or a lovely quiche. We enjoyed a walk around the lake into the lovely community of Oconomowoc. Excellent restaurants are in the area: the Red Circle Inn, and The Golden Mast both hosted us and were equally outstanding. This was a birthday weekend celebration and it was perfect in every way!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011 via mobile

The website advertises "a luxury bed and breakfast". This is not the case. It was quaint and cozy, but not luxury.
Building needs updating and repairs. Breakfast was nothing to write home about. Belgium waffles with berries and bananas. Nothing else. Disappointed.
And P.S. there were no thick terrycloth robes as advertised.

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Inn at Pine Terrace? Share your experiences!