“So nice we are doing it twice” 5 of 5 stars

Inn at Pine Terrace
351 E Lisbon Rd, Oconomowoc, WI 53066   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Oconomowoc B&B and Inns
Alta, Utah
“So nice we are doing it twice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Our first visit was during off season and we were the only guests staying at the Inn. It's a beautiful mansion and we felt like Lords of all we surveyed. The inn keepers were great, long leisurely breakfasts and conversations. We have family in the area and are going back again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed at the Inn for our 8 year wedding anniversary through a deal that we found online. When I saw the Inn online, I was intrigued by it's architecture, and when I saw it in person, I fell in love. Every inch of the Inn is adorned in antiques (but not in a cluttery way, because I would hate that). The mesh of modern day amenities and old world charm is simply perfect in every way.

The owner greeted us at the door, and made every possible effort to make sure that we were comfortable and happy. He provided us with a map of the area, a code to the front door, and a little information about what we could do while we were there. He then let us be to explore on our own.

The hubby and I spent the first evening at the local Irish Pub aptly named "The Pub". We met some really great people there and chatted the night away with the locals. The next morning breakfast was fantastic. I can't recall exactly what we had, but I do remember that it was healthy, fresh, and light- but also filling and that it had walnuts, which I love. The owner took great care with the presentation (we eat with our eyes first, no?) and I remember feeling very pleased.

We stayed in The Captain Fred Pabst Room (#16) and I'm not sure I would have chosen another if given the chance. Our room was quite perfect for us. It provided a nice soaking tub, plenty of bathroom space, a sitting area that we sat, dran wine, and played cards at until the wee hours, and nice windows that gave an open feel.

Our last night there was by far the best. A storm rolled in, and we sat on the big front porch with candles lit, sipping wine and watching the rain. Rarely have I felt so at ease.

I have never stayed at a B&B before, and I always thought that it would be a bit awkward, but this experience completely changed my mind. The Innkeeper (John) was perfectly accomodating. He gave us our space, but had an innate ability to be there when you needed him. This is not something that can be taught, and I know a few 5 star hotels that could learn a thing or two from John and his wife.

Service, amenities, and food was first rate. I will definitely be back, and look forward to another relaxing stay!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are so different, but room 16 had plenty of space.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Oconomowoc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

My husband and I escaped to this beautiful inn for a weekend away from the kids. It was a wonderful experience! The owners are incredibly nice, helpful and gracious. The inn is gorgeous with a lot of history. The breakfast was incredible! LOVED the quiche! We are recommending this beautiful place to all of our friends and family. It was the perfect get-away weekend. I cannot to go back again for a little R&R.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

This was one of those rare occasions when I did not look at tripadvisor reviews before my visit because someone else planned the trip. As stated by others, the owners are very gracious, the rooms are nice (I recommend 16) and there are other nice perks like the cute sun room. I was very surprised to see some complaints about the food in the reviews as breakfast was a real highlight for me. Perhaps we just got lucky, but I was thrilled with my breakfast and I had the impression that my companions were too - I'm actually fairly certain that every one in the dining area was enjoying their meal. We had a delicious homemade quiche with poached pear, yogurt, bread, juice and coffee. Perhaps breakfast has been given extra care recently. I agree there are no bathrobes as mentioned by another reviewer, so if these are advertised, they should not be. I have been to fancier, flawless places, but they have cost over a hundred dollars more. This is a wonderful, comfortable place that is not overpriced.

Room Tip: My room was beautiful and had a great bathroom - 16
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We were seeking a perfect getaway, and this was it! The Inn is gorgeous; touring the rooms was a museum-quality experience -- though much more comfortable and inviting than a museum! Breakfasts were ample and delicious -- yogurt with fruit and nuts, followed by baked eggs, sausage, tomatoes and herbs, or a lovely quiche. We enjoyed a walk around the lake into the lovely community of Oconomowoc. Excellent restaurants are in the area: the Red Circle Inn, and The Golden Mast both hosted us and were equally outstanding. This was a birthday weekend celebration and it was perfect in every way!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

The website advertises "a luxury bed and breakfast". This is not the case. It was quaint and cozy, but not luxury.
Building needs updating and repairs. Breakfast was nothing to write home about. Belgium waffles with berries and bananas. Nothing else. Disappointed.
And P.S. there were no thick terrycloth robes as advertised.

• Stayed September 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

My wife and I decided to take a day trip to Milwaukee from Chicago. We found this place on-line and decided to stay the night. The Inn is absolutely beautiful. Our room was every bit as nice and perhaps nicer than many 5star hotels I have stayed. The breakfast was excellent!

Our host, John, was as kind and accommodating a human being you would ever wanted to meet who made us feel like family. We were sad to see our visit end.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oconomowoc
Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
#1 of 4 in Delafield
4.5 of 5 stars 151 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield
The Country Springs Hotel

Been to Inn at Pine Terrace? Share your experiences!