As a free-lance travel writer for several years, I've had my share of stays at every type of hotel, including Staybridge. Don't let the #1 rating fool you -- there are only TWO hotels in this town! The distance from downtown Milwaukee and easy interstate access is nice, but the pro's end there. Even though I'm a top tier Priority Club member for years, forget checking in early (4:00 check-in) or checking out late (after 11:00). This is ridiculous. Nor is the type of room you requested the one you get. Forget the complimentary room upgrade -- they'll lie and tell you they're "sold out every night." Really??? And you'd better love dog hair in your room. Ick.
Breakfast buffet - same old thing. Dinner - average. Only for dinner, the vultures were lined up at 5:15. Coming down at 6:00, I found out why: they run out of food and don't re-stock. (Same for breakfast.) There is never enough seating, and used tables are not wiped down. Don't even think about asking for a soda outside of dining hours. It's turned off immediately and guarded like Fort Knox. NOTE: If you're only staying one night, you'll have no ice in your ugly little kitchen. There are no ice machines or vending machines of any type on the property. Soda & snacks are available in the pantry -- for a steep charge.
The rooms are SMALL compared to other Staybridge properties and the prices are ridiculous! It's $140 a night for a one-queen studio. Only worth about half of that. And "light" housekeeping is a joke! All they do is pull up the covers on the bed and give fresh towels (if you're lucky). No cleaning the mystery brown stains in the bathroom sink all week (not from me!). I tried to clean it myself but to no avail. Toiletries are NOT replenished during your stay. Nor was the toilet paper! I had to use kleenex for two days. I called the front desk, and the clerk promised he'd be right up. Right. Called again. Never saw him. I finally collected some on the third day, and they acted like I'd asked for the moon on a silver platter!
And the popcorn "treat" so widely acclaimed? Only one, on your first night. Wow. I can bring my own and Staybridge can drop its prices.
Pool and hot tub - typical. Only they desperately need to wash down & bleach the tiles and grouting in the area. Hot tub timer is set for 15 minutes only. Oh, such fun to scurry back and forth to keep it going.
Cleanliness of the hotel in general -- maybe average. There's trash left everywhere, inside and outside. Last week, a used pool towel was left on the patio all week long. It's still there. (Nine days and counting.) They need (a) more housekeepers, (b) better housekeepers, (c) faster housekeepers, and (d) housekeepers without vision problems. I watched them step over a piece of paper in the common area -- several times, in fact. Carpeting has mystery chunks on it in all areas, including the highly-touted theater room. You're better off watching a DVD in your room.
By watching and observing guests come and go, I discovered that the ones who "live" here temporarily are treated much better than the rest of us. They get pampered and receive extra perks the rest of us don't. (Case in point -- what appeared to be a huge family reunion in the breakfast area. All kinds of amenities were provided at no charge.)
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc Hotel Oconomowoc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc (At Pabst Farms) where each suite is designed so travelers feel more comfortable than ever. The studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom/two-bathroom units feature fully-equipped kitchenettes complete with all the cooking supplies you will need, along with separate living and work areas, a spacious living area offering comfortable furniture, and television. Your in-room work area is well lit with an expansive desk and ergonomically designed seating, free wireless and wired high-speed Internet Access, two phones with direct dial phone number and personalized voice mail and ample closet space. Public space include a library with full business center, complimentary guest laundry, fitness center and outdoor courtyard with a putting green. We also offer a complimentary full breakfast buffet and mid-week evening Sundowner Receptions. Offering the convenience of a home away from home our guest can enjoy our Just Like Home theatre room to catch a game or watch a movie. Nearby Businesses: Aurora Medical Center, Roger s Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Hospital, WI Harley Davidson, Silgan Containers Corporation, Target Distribution, Roundy s Distribution, St John s NW Military Academy, GE Healthcare. Nearby Attractions: Miller Park, Harley Davidson Museum, Milwaukee Zoo, Pabst Mansion, Glacial Drumlin Trail, State Fair Park, Olympia Ski Hill, Village Square Shopping Center at Pabst Farms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.