“FIX THIS GEM OF A PLACE UP!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 Royale Mile Road, Oconomowoc, WI 53066   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“FIX THIS GEM OF A PLACE UP!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

This place is, well, was beautiful. It still is in its own way but you can obviously see they are letting it go. Cant even keep up the hot water. Look around and countless things needs paint. Seriously stained sheets and curtains!
Sad! Beautiful place but most staff appeared not too concerned that they are working at a run down Spa/Resort. Food was supermarket hot bar quality if that. Scenery is the only thing its got going and that is fading. Sad, do a major clean up to your Hotel Spa Resort please and I might be back.
Anyone else experience problems with deposit?
They wanted about a 1 grand refundable deposit from me for about 5 nights!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Oak Creek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

As part of a large group that stayed at the resort, i have to say it was an amazing time.
The staff is all extremely friendly and attentive to needs we didn't even realize we had :)
Michelle and Crystal are completely the most AWESOME people to work with. They addressed every question or request immediately and without hesitation. They provided us with complete respect, as well as humor. With a group of 200 plus ... i did not receive 1 comment or complaint from anyone in the group that had even a tinge of negativity to it!! EVERYONE had a fabulous time. The food was delicious, and service in the banquet room as well as restaurant couldn't have been better. Minor issues such as our a/c unit not working properly, were taken care of immediately and without question.
The SPA was grand. I got the best massage i could ever have asked for from TIM.
I do believe he has magic hands :)
Overall I honestly believe that if you do not stay here, you are paying too much and won't have nearly as good of an experience anywhere else!!

• Stayed August 2010
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

We just had an event with over 230 people attending...

Great place, great staffP

• Stayed August 2010
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

We stayed at The Olympia Resort for a convention for a week- what a lovely location- they took care of any need any of those in our group needed- there were over 400 folks for the convention. Staff were very helpful and went out of there way to make sure everything went well for the group. Grounds were kept clean at all times. Would love to return to The Olympia one day.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Bermuda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a convention but extended the stay to ride motorcycles around the surrounding area.

The hotel room was very comfortable although friends in other rooms complained of noisy or ineffective air-conditioners. The cleaning staff had a habit of trying to access the rooms from 8.00am so a 'do not disturb' sign is required if you want to sleep later. The indoor pool was very popular with kids.

The spa was a disappointment in that there is no masseuse on staff. Massages must be booked a day in advance so that the single masseuse can be called in. That means no walk-in or same-day massages and only one person can receive a massage at any time. Massages can only be booked between about 8.00am and 5.00pm so no good if you want a massage after a long day of motorcycling!

The staff were generally helpful with a couple of exceptions. The restaurant closes at 9.00pm but food can be ordered from the same menu until 10.00pm at the adjacent bar. The quality of the food was reasonable - but not particularly good. The hotel has shuttle vehicles parked outside but no drivers working (they have to be booked for specific trips - at a cost).

There are some stores (including K-Mart) and food outlets within walking distance but personal transportation is advised if staying here. Downtown Milwaukee is a 45-minute drive.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

I traveled 2 hours to meet up with my sisters' bachelorette party. I signed up for a package that included a 30min facial, a 60 min massage, and an herbal wrap. I thought I'd treat myself since I just had a baby. Facial was great, massage sucked. The girl never introduced herself and rushed through the whole thing. When it was time for my wrap I was called along with 3 other ladies who knew each other. We were hearded into one room, where one service provider split the time between all fourl of us! These other woman talked and carried on the whole time making noise and being obnoxious. I can't believe they failed to mention the fact that I would be in my service with people I don't know! I ended up being the last one to recieve the treatment and therefore ended up being very late to meet up with the rest of my group who had already left. Unacceptable and very uncomfortable! When I mentioned this to the s.p. she brushed me off and rushed away from me.
This spa is old and set up very strange. I would definetely NOT reccomend this spa.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Oconomowoc hotels

Appleton WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

I should have known something was unusual when we checked in Saturday May 1st at 430pm and were forced to pay for the room up front. Have a credit card on file, sure, but I've never had to pay up front at a so called "resort". I didn't question it as I have never before and never will again stay at this resort.

The entrance, lobby and sitting areas are a nice facade. The public ladies room on the 1st floor has a leak in the ceiling that didn't appear to cause the resort concern as they had a mop bucket catching the leakage. The restroom itself smelled like a sewer.

Our room on the third floor had 1 of 4 clean glasses, 1 of 2 clean coffee mugs and the refrigerator did not work. The TV was old and blurry. The water pressure was almost non-existent and the tub did not drain well at all.

I feel bad for the people who paid good money to have their wedding there. You could see the disappointment on their faces. Fortunately, they made the most of a bad situation.

Almost everything at this place is dated to the mid 80's. Someone needs to fix this place because the potential to be something great is there. The location is decent.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
OlympiaResort, Public Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
We are deeply sorry for your less than satisfactory stay. It is our main focus to provide exemplary guest services by remedying any issues you may have and to make sure your accommodations are above expectations. While we understand that there are times when this is not always possible, it is in our best interest that you point out any areas that are in need of more attention. As our property is an older one with many charms and along with that, usual wear and tear, we are doing our best to maintain and update any areas of the resort that need it most. Our roof is currently being repaired. Thank you for sharing your thoughts; we respect everyone's feedback on our Resort.

When checking in, credit cards and debit cards are authorized for at least the amount needed to cover your stay. This does not become an actual deduction until the final charge is made on the day of your check out. Every bank differs, however some count it as a charge to avoid any overages. Sometimes it may take 2 weeks for the authorization to appear back in your account.

Thank you again for staying with us, and we do hope to have you back again in the future... Please call us if you have any questions or other comments.

-Olympia Resort Management

Been to Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center? Share your experiences!