“Spa is not good!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Chicago
“Spa is not good!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2006

This spa was maybe nice years ago, but wow, it's sure outdated! The facial I got was bascially as good as me rubbing my own face and the girl was 20 min. late for the appt! My husband got a massage that he said I could have given him (which isn't saying a lot because I'm not good!).

The staff was nice...I'll give them that.

But the locker rooms, services and decor/atmosphere was SO very outdated. We even went there because they had eucalyptus rooms--but they were closed down.

I'd save your money and go somewhere in Milwaukee--Neroli or somewhere like that!

• Liked — The people were friendly
  • Disliked — The spa services were awful!
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go here...
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Grant, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2006

We were there in a big group and this is a big place. They were trying very hard to do a nice job here---hey, this is a big place. Our room was very nice, everything worked well. The food I ate there was very GOOD. You spend a lot of time walking around in the hallways, but it was good exercise. Huge meeting rooms and lobby. This place can handle big crowds. I'll bet this was a classy place when it was new.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Oconomowoc hotels

chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2006

Went to the Olympia on a spa weekend with my girlfriends. We found the accomodations to be kind of pricey and in need of some repair and updating. Not sure I'd spend the money to go there again, unless I could get a better deal. The spa also needed a lot of updating, with paint peeling off the walls and some mold in the showers. Everyone was so nice though and very helpful. The pool was always warm and almost always empty -it was great! The breakfast buffet was great as was the Friday fish fry. And don't miss out on Spinnakers in downtown Oconomowoc. Great food, friendly service, and good prices.

• Stayed February 2006
Sheboygan, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2006

My family and I recently stayed at the Olympia for a conference. We reserved a suite and it was very spacous, however, in need of updating. This hotel looks like it hasn't been updated in over 20 years. Our suite had cardboard nailed to the wall around the furnace to keep the cold air out. The carpets were stained. Everything in the room was just very used and old. The pool was nice and warm. They kept it above 90 degrees, so it was nice for the kids. You need to be 18 or older to enjoy the whirlpool though, which I thought was unfortunate for the rest of my family. They have 3 restaurants in the hotel. During the 3 days I was there, one of them never opened. The Ugly Duckling is only open at night. They have a steakhouse restaurant where they serve a limited buffet style breakfast. We were going to eat lunch there one day only to find out that the plates were $25.00 each. We ended up leaving the hotel and eating somewhere else. Be prepared to walk a couple of blocks to get to an elevator. All things considered, I would stay there again if we had too. They need to spend the money to update this hotel.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
Clinton, Mo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2005

We stay at the timeshare resort. The condo was large but was really quite dirty. Carpets were filthy, lots of dust around baseboards and behind doors. The light switch covers were filthy. They have a voluntary no smoking policy but would have welcomed the smell of cigarette smoke to cover the stale dirty odor of the unit. The grounds were lovely and we had access to bbq pit and picnic tables to cook and eat outside which was welcome. Check in was convienant and staff friendly and courteous. They just really need to improve the housekeeping staff

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2005

I recently stayed at the Olympia Resort on a business trip. My room decor consisted of peach and mint green wallpaper, teal green carpets, and matching eighty's floral bedspreads and curtains. I was not real impressed. Especially after walking literally about a block and a half just to get to the elevator.
This place did however have a spa, and for a minimal fee I was able to use the Sauna, (which was filled with the wood etchings and grafity of previous guests), the Euculyptus Room, and the steam room (which stunk like stagnent water). The whirlpool had dirt sitting in the bottom of it, and chunks of tile coming off of the wall around it. The employees were actually nice though, and the spa area had a very intriging layout and architechture. This place would be awesome, if updated with modern decor and repaired.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
Pekin, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

My mother and I stayed here in early June. It has lovely grounds and we were looking forward to a good experience. As we are both mobility challenged we were happy when we could book handicapped rooms. They were not handicapped, it took a very long trek to even get to the elevators and there wasn't a bit of air conditioning in the hallways on the way to the room. Poor air in the room as well. When we asked for it to be resolved, we were not provided a handicapped room, or one with air. This has the potential to be a very nice place. Good restaurant, nice pool and bar. Just very poor customer service. I cannot recommend.

Been to Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center? Share your experiences!